Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice way to end the week on a positive note. His presentation was a bit much but we'll take it. Hog Molly

Comment

• Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum
        You never know with kids....I mean, if he flips PROOF OF MICHIGAN BAGMEN!
        Well, sure ...... look, I'm still struggling with the ass-railing osu delivered. Fuck them. How did that happen. I mean, HOW? So, I'm past the shock and numbness stage (the four stages of grief) and into the Yearning and searching phase: (edits mine )

In this phase we are acutely aware of the void left in our life from the (osu) loss. The future we imagined is no longer a possibility. We search for the comfort we used to have from the (team that) lost and we try to fill the void (created by that disaster). We may appear preoccupied with the (team). We continue identifying with the (team that lost), looking for constant reminders of their (10 wins before the ass-railing by osu) and ways to (remember those). If we cannot progress through this phase Bowlby and Parkes feel we will spend our life trying to fill the void of the (osu) loss and remain preoccupied with (Michigan Football in general and a lost era of greatness - pre Taft).

I've moved into the Re-organization and recovery.

In this phase your faith in (Michigan football) starts to be restored. You establish new goals and patterns of day-to-day life. Slowly you start to rebuild and you come to realize that your life can still be positive, even after the (osu) loss. Your trust (in M football) is slowly restored. In this phase your grief does not go away nor is it fully resolved, but for Bowlby the loss recedes and shifts to a hidden section of the brain, where it continues to influence us but is not at the forefront of the mind. Hah ..... sure, OK. osu still sucks, did before the loss and will continue to do so after it - post ufm.

I googled this phrase just now: "How has Nick Saban managed to dominate college football." I recommend readers of this post try it. You'll get a bunch of puff pieces on the man. But it is staggering what he has accomplished both for the University of Alabama and for the state. Yes. the State. Well, it's not hard to move from a state that featured out door plumbing well into the 21st century.

Anyway, He's a terrific football coach and now that ufm is gone he is king of the hill in CFB until someone takes him down or he retires "for health reasons." I admit looking real hard for excuses for Harbaugh's failures on the field, closing the deal with top recruits, all of them. I'm reminded by the book Factfuillness ..... that I've mentioned in another post that we tend to focus on the extremes becasue the (sports) press makes us do that. There's a lot of good about M football but at the margins are their stupendous failures that dong punch fans way too often. I get tired of it. I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. Such is the life of a Michigan football fan.

Fuck osu and while I'm at it, fuck the Tide and Lord Saban for being so lucky. Heh.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Lol.

Fuck the Tide.

Cheaters.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• STFU.

I'm going to have another Belvedere Martini.

Comment

• The world is truly upside down when Jeff is the same person as wiz.
                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Wah, wah, wah.

Comment

• LB Anthony Solomon commits to Michigan... He is Miami's 16th decommit this year!
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 16, 2018, 09:10 PM.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Lose one 5-star, land 2 4-stars. We've had worse weeks.

Comment

• Yeah, except Dax Hill is way better than those two. He is lightning fast, and a real ball hawk. Safety remains a huge position of need for Michigan. Check out his highlight film.

https://247sports.com/Video/Humble-B...399/?View=Full

Comment

• And the hos..dont forget the hos Why do you think Santa is so happy?
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Gain one Solomon - Anthony. Lose another - Aubrey. WTF is going on?

The list just grows and grows...

Aubrey Solomon, Drew Singleton, James Hudson, Deron Irving-Bey, Corey Malone-Hatcher, O'Maury Samuels, Ja'Raymond Hall, Devin Asiasi,

Kareem Walker, Kekoa Crawford, Eddie McDoom.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 17, 2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Remain calm and stay the course. You at least have a head coach that has head coached before.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't know that was concerning to you. Do you think that's why osu recruiting isn't in it's usual top spot in the Big Ten? Any gut feeling on Zach Harrison. He sure does hold his cards close to the vest.

Comment

Working...
                                X