Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL = Andy Bernard but without the cool sweaters and singing talent.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      DSL = Andy Bernard but without the cool sweaters and singing talent.
      I have the sweaters, you incorrigible ass. And plenty of a capella groups recruited me!!! PLENTY!!!

Comment

• Strangelove offering us a glimpse of his former, barely adequate self. What could have been, but for the troubles.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Very true, Talent.

It's hard to see DSL's brief glimpses back to near competence before he reverts to mindless grunts and the vacant faraway look in his eyes punctuated by a stained, drool-dampened, mis-buttoned work shirt with the "Joe" name patch still proudly affixed to the left pocket.

Sure, you could argue that even at his best, he struggled to achieve even the cognition of a lemur (or perhaps one of the other primitive simians), but he was OUR lemur. It kinda makes me feel like the doctor Robin Williams played in the movie "Awakenings" and DSL is our patient...and just like those encephalitis patients that Williams' character gave L-Dopa to, Strangelove's return to his former self is bittersweet and temporary.
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 27, 2018, 07:26 AM.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Breakdown of Alabama's offense by unit:

QB: Tua and Jalen. Saban has a history of making 2-QB systems work going back to at least his time at LSU and I don't think this is an exception. They have the same playbook, but Jalen will get more called QB runs, sweeps, and screens. Tua will get more 2nd level passing.

RB: Embarrassment of riches: Damian Harris as the feature back with Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs and Brian Robinson rotating RB2 duties. Behind those 4 are a number of capable young guys who will get some clean-up time.

WR: A great group. Devonta Smith (the guy who caught the walk-off TD in OT), Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, Xavian Marks, Tyrell Shavers, and Derek Kief and then talented youth behind those guys. Just a great group with a lot of experience.

TE/H-back. Irvin Smith Jr and Hale Hentges are outstanding and will both play in the NFL. I wish we targeted them more. Behind them with experience, Major Tennison and Miller Forristall.

OL: Another solid group: Jonah Williams, Alex Leatherwood, and Ross Pierschbacher will be the "stars" but we are deep, experienced, and talented here.

K: Joseph Bulovas has supposedly been lights out, but I will believe it when I see it. Our kicker last year (Pappanastos) was a known liability so we cannot get worse here, but having a competent placekicker would be nice.

Next week, the defense. It will be a solid group, but we have to plug some holes in the secondary, at LB (again), and replace (imo) the best punter in college ball (JK Scott, who will be punting for the Green Bay Packers this year).

Comment

• Also, I would like it if someone could do one on Ohio State (Talent, DSL?), Michigan (Jeff, hack, WH, etc, etc), Michigan State (Froot?), and Nebraska (anyone but Wiz).

Comment

• OK .........I'll do one errr, I'll let Rivals do it. Every unit on offense following spring practice. The OL is the most fluid. The interior is probably set but tackles aren't and a change there might disrupt the currently set interior:

With spring practice over, we take a look at how the offensive line stacks up heading into the summer.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff, of all the people on this board given the chance to regale us with a tome of your thoughts and opinions and you chose a terse link to a page you didn't author?

I don't even know who you are anymore.
                  Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 27, 2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Hell, I once asked Jeff the time and he wrote a three page post on the philosophic nature of time and how it relates to space as well as a history of clock making and what his favorite watch is and why.

Comment

Also, I would like it if someone could do one on Ohio State (Talent, DSL?), Michigan (Jeff, hack, WH, etc, etc), Michigan State (Froot?), and Nebraska (anyone but Wiz).
                      You are dead to me.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Jeff, of all the people on this board given the chance to regale us with a tome of your thoughts and opinions and you chose a terse link to a page you didn't author?

I don't even know who you are anymore.
                        I have no shame in linking to CFB web sites where factual info about players and units on both sides of the ball are readily available.

10y ago before the advent of multiple web sites where this kind of information is now to be easily found, I authored most of what appeared on WC and then after the transition to this forum about M football. I was an iconic author and recognized expert and insider of all things M football. That was a long time ago ...... but then again, you seem to be living in the past with your meager analysis of Alabama football's offensive unit.

You could do better and serve us all better in the process. Link it.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Okay, Jeff, first of all, you as an expert on anything except what it was like in the U.S. when Coolidge was president is hard to believe.

As far as the rest of that, I was curious about your feelings of the team - looking for your brief thoughts or some other M fan's opinions. I have Rivals bookmarked. If I didn't, I know how Google works, so I am good on that front.

Dismissed.

Comment

• Wiz!!!! Don't go away mad!

Comment

• AA, OK, I'll write something on M in the M football thread and would encourage talent, anyone but Wiz and Froot to do a similar thing for osu, Neb and MSU in the appropriate threads.

Comment

• Sorry, it's too late.

TAKE A SEAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X