Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bama's schedule is -overall- almost always top 10 in SoS and often top 5. If a down SEC continues, it's something we will have to look at.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Only because the SEC is always over rated
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Only because the SEC is always over rated
        SoS is not a poll. You know that, right?

I don't know about always overrated. I do know the SEC has spent the better part of the past decade as the best conference in the nation. It is cyclical, though. I know the Big Ten and the old BigXII have had their share of those runs, too.
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 8, 2018, 05:56 PM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bama by 30
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I just have one thing to say. It warms my heart to see Alabama getting the absolute shit kicked out of them.

I'm watching a feed from ESPN on cable that's called the coaches film room. I've never seen or heard of it before. Guest coaches are David Cutliff, Mike Gundy, Kevin Summlin (who just needs to STFU along with Mike BoBo), The Miss St coach (forgot his name - also FOS), Pat Fitzgerald. After each play their running the film back and forth. Cutcliff is terrific and so is Gundy and Fitzgerald. ESPN ran flawlessly from 5p until game time then started buffering - those fuckers have got shit for servers. Pretty much unwatchable if streamed.

Bama's getting RPS'ed on way too many plays. Fromm has been good but not phenomenal - he's missed some perfect play calls and he's also been victimized by two drops for potentially big plays. Cutcliff made the comment that Smart knows Bama's secondary and how they position themselves in coverage; it makes their secondary vulnerable to the back shoulder catch. There's been maybe 4 or 5 of them. Good coverage it would appear but Fromm's throws, when he makes them to the back shoulder, have been killers.

Smart was smart enough to know he's not going to run IZ into Bama's as advertised DL - they are world beaters but they are susceptible to constraints/misdirection and Smart has run them well. You only need a few of these to make plays and sustain drives. UGA is getting them. A real bust on not getting a S to step with Fromm running a planned keeper outside and away from the flow for a big gain and first down. Beautiful.

And sorry AA, the UA LBs have been deployed wisely and have played well. It was Ss that got schooled a couple of times taking one step the wrong way on a couple of misdirection plays and giving either Fromm, Chubb or Michael the space for nice gains...... and, no again, AA, the roughing the passer play right before UGA scored to end the half was legit even though it came from a Big Ten back judge. It was just a stupid play by the Bama DE.

Huge play management fuck-up by Saban with the clock (1:35 to play) is winding down on Bama's last possession of the half, giving the ball back to UGA to face an absolutely gassed Bama D. UGA scored a TD with Bama in some sort of shell coverage that Fromm picked apart. Love it.

It will be a massive injustice if somehow Bama comes back and wins this and they might. Never count the Nick out but damn he's taken several shots to the head and gone down once.

Hoping UGA brings the knock out punch in the third. All around shit show for the team that weaseled their way into the CFB playoff; getting just what they deserved..... in the first half anyway.

Go Dawgs.
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 8, 2018, 10:17 PM.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hurts yet to complete a pass. None of the Michigan recruiting misses yet a factor: D'Shawn Hand, Nagee Harris, Isaiah Wilson. Damien Harris could be added to that list.

Comment

• UCF should be national champion? 8 team playoff please.

Comment

• I thought Michigan's passing game was bad, but Alabama's appears to be worse.

Comment

• Mecole Hardman wasn't a recruiting miss, I'd say, because he didn't seem ever likely to come.

Comment

• What's the word on D'Shawn Hand? Number one recruit a few years ago, but may not be a draft pick?

Comment

• Alabama losing because they have no passing game. Normally, they don't need it. This is the same disease that killed Ohio State a few years ago. You always need a passing attack to win the national championship.
                        Last edited by Detroit Dan; January 8, 2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                          What's the word on D'Shawn Hand? Number one recruit a few years ago, but may not be a draft pick?
                          Sure looks like we got lucky there. Dodged a bullet. Alabama didn't.

Comment

• Strange for Alabama to switch QBs. Now 2 freshmen QBs.

Comment

• Alabama is so stocked with top recruits, some are bound to disappoint / be disappointed. Same with Ohio State.

Comment

• Good to see Bama dysfunctional.

Comment

Working...
                                X