No announcement yet.

Forum News and Admin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really seemed to be for only a couple minutes.

Comment

Thanks, that helps.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

Deb,

I've noticed for at least over a week that the URL line for this forum now has a notice indicator...

SmartSelectImage_2019-09-15-05-48-13.png

Clicked on the "i" for info button and it says this:

SmartSelectImage_2019-09-15-05-47-37.png

Should I be concerned for my personal info? Does that help you any in understand the slow/crashing forum situation?

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

It's not new. It just depends on your browser whether you get some sort of notification about that. We aren't on a HTTPS connection. I think Chrome will notify you about that other browsers might not. I noticed it for several months but it is something that I should see about resolving. I know it has nothing to do with slowness. I did do a few tweaks this week we'll see how things work out.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

I always have trouble using the forum on my android phone.
            I think it relates to time when you said there was a change in server
            I can click on a thread and instead the person's profile who started thread shows up.
            Or the thread previous or after the one I clicked on shows up

I believe its caused by the slowness of the forum to connect to my phone.
            As
            Seems to be lagging all the time

Comment

And it doesn't matter what day or how many people are on the forum
              Also like just now I have to repeately hit the button before the thread loads

Comment

Maybe your connection or your phone sucks. I browse on a Galaxy S9 and have no issues.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                  I always have trouble using the forum on my android phone.
                  I think it relates to time when you said there was a change in server
                  I can click on a thread and instead the person's profile who started thread shows up.
                  Or the thread previous or after the one I clicked on shows up

I believe its caused by the slowness of the forum to connect to my phone.
                  As
                  Seems to be lagging all the time
                  That could be a touchscreen calibration or fat finger issue.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Yes, if you are clicking a thread and someone's profile comes up, you are clicking on the wrong spot. Perhaps your phone needs some calibration or you need to zoom in a little bit to get to the right spot to click or tap.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

I'm not a tech person so I dont know what you mean by calibration relating to phone
                      My blackberry phone had no issues
                      And no I don't have fat fingers and I have tried zooming in and every other little trick to help it

Comment

I do have a cheaper LG 150 dollar phone but I don't have any issues with apps or websites loading

Comment

I'm not clicking on wrong spot people think I'm stupid but come on lol

Comment

I celebrated touchscreen everything was 97 to 99 percent
                            Probably just cheap phone

Comment

haha, I don't think you're stupid. If the calibration or screen is off by a few pixels, it's easy to tap in one place but activate another. On my phone, I have to zoom in just a little in order to tap the right spot.

Gonz, I think I have to buy an SSL certificate in order to get rid of the informational notice you see. That's more money at a time we are already not covering our costs, so it will remain a low priority.

It's been that way a long time. There's no risk to your data, but you shouldn't share your credit card info on a site that doesn't have SSL.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Still very unhappy with performance during "busy" times here. :( Sorry, gang. I may transition us to a new host in the coming week.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X