Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That MAGA group sure looked dangerous. I think I'm hiding in doors for now on.

Comment

• I do get a kick out of those stupid handmade Trump signs. When you are willing to take the time to make signs without rulers or stencils like it's a third grade art project that shows true dedication to Donald.

Comment

• I don't know, Kinda looks like a bunch of monkeys humping a football to me.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I think I have seen that Trump Unity truck driving around the area. It drives my daughter crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

I could not imagine loving a politician to this extent - nevermind one as weak, pathetic, and horrific a person as Trump.
            Right? The adoration of this guy is strange to me. Adoration of any politician to this extent feels very cultish.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Putting this here...

New texts show former Mississippi governor helped funnel welfare funds to Brett Favre for USM volleyball stadium

Posted by Mike Florio on September 13, 2022, 7:42 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre keeps inching toward potential Paul Crewe status.

Anna Wolfe of Mississippi Today reports that newly-revealed text messages show that former Mississippi governor Phil Bryant helped funnel federal welfare funds toward the building of a new volleyball stadium at the University of Southern Mississippi, at Favre’s behest. Per the report, the texts show that Bryant guided Favre on how to write a funding proposal so that it would be granted.

Favre’s lawyer, Bud Holmes, said that Favre didn’t know the money came from welfare funds.

“Brett Favre has been honorable throughout this whole thing,” Holmes said Monday.

Favre previously denied that he discussed the volleyball project with Bryant. The text messages quoted in the article indicate otherwise, suggesting that $5 million was given to the school.

The former quarterback’s involvement in the welfare scandal first emerged when it was reported that he received $1.1 million for work he allegedly didn’t perform. He eventually repaid the money. He has been sued for the interest on the money he received and returned.

In July, Mississippi Representative Bennie Thompson sent a letter this month to U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland requesting that the Department of Justice investigate the situation, and that they focus on Favre and Bryant. Favre reportedly has been questioned by the FBI.

That same month, Mississippi fired a lawyer who had been hired to get to the bottom of the welfare scandal. The lawyer, Brad Pigott, claimed that the termination resulted from his effort to explore whether the $5 million had indeed been paid from federal welfare funds to the USM volleyball stadium.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Meanwhile, parts of that state have no clean water. Throw both them snakes under the jail.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Despicable :(
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I can’t believe volleyball gets a stadium. Who the fk is watching that shit? Maybe a gym halls worth? Surely not a feckin stadiums worth?
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Way to beat one of us to that. Clever, my man.

Comment

• I’m starting to think some of you are retarded.
                          your so black and white in your thinking you can’t get a grasp on thought patterns that aren’t way lefy or way right.
                          Noid your the biggest disappointment.
                          you in the past have shown some thought of being a critical thinker but apparently you can’t separate yourself from the group think.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                            I’m starting to think some of you are retarded.
                            your so black and white in your thinking you can’t get a grasp on thought patterns that aren’t way lefy or way right.
                            Noid your the biggest disappointment.
                            you in the past have shown some thought of being a critical thinker but apparently you can’t separate yourself from the group think.

yes insulting people is a sure sign your argument is going well. But since you are confused here is how US Politics right now.

The MAGA crowd and Trump own the Republican Party. The only thing that matters to them. The defining thing that makes you a Republican is if you believe the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Trump. You must agree with Trump in all things. There is some national level resistance, but on the state level there are numerous election deniers on the ballots for state offices, US Reps and senate offices.

That is the Republican Party and likely will be until Trump dies.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              Way to beat one of us to that. Clever, my man.
                              Yep……. Forever trying to stay one step ahead of you smart arses!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                Can't have a constructive conversation about this. The conservative side doesn't speak the same language as the rest of the country, or live in reality.

They are entitled to their own opinion. But these days, they live in a world where they feel entitled to their own facts. We have all heard about 'alternative facts'. And 'the truth is not the truth'.

Might as well close the thread.
                                I got this far and realized there was no point reading the thread any further. The irony of this post is off the charts. This is also why our country is so divided and polarized right now. Zero self awareness by majority of people on both sides. Very sad time in our great nations history.

Comment

Working...
                                X