Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Well, it's an election year and rather than take up other threads with partisan sniping, let's hear your opinions on the State of the Union.

I'll give my perspective once Coop and chemiclord get warmed up.

Can't have a constructive conversation about this. The conservative side doesn't speak the same language as the rest of the country, or live in reality.

They are entitled to their own opinion. But these days, they live in a world where they feel entitled to their own facts. We have all heard about 'alternative facts'. And 'the truth is not the truth'.

Might as well close the thread.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

It was OK Deb.

It said cage match in the title.
      Lions Fans.

Comment

Fair enough.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Have a good weekend.

Had to drive from Kzoo to Ypsilanti today to fix the car for my daugher away at college. Furthest I've ventured since the world ended a few months ago.

Never been more worried over travel.

Lions Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            Can't have a constructive conversation about this. The conservative side doesn't speak the same language as the rest of the country, or live in reality.

They are entitled to their own opinion. But these days, they live in a world where they feel entitled to their own facts. We have all heard about 'alternative facts'. And 'the truth is not the truth'.

Might as well close the thread.
            Well it stops it clogging up other threads!

Comment

This enticing arguments? A cage fight? Jaysus H. 🤦‍♂️

Chemiclord and Deuce arguing about the Lions front office and sport in general was worth them warming up for. Could get “bitch ass” funny. Usually it “bitch ass” was.

Chemiclord and Coop discussions, based on the very limited posts so far, could become “UFC, Forum Style”. Potential for getting proper “bitch ass” ugly.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

And I reckon it was some pished dude who named Ypsilanti. He burped first.
                “Let’s call this place Silanti”
                ”Say that again? You’re mumbling.”
                ”Call this place Yyyip, slanti.”
                “Yupslanti? Bit racist towards the Chinese is it not?”
                ”Wait, Wait, Yyyipsilanti.”
                ”Got it, guys. He’s saying Yipsilanti. I like it.”
                ”No, no...... I’m saying....”
                ”it’s ok, you rest now. We got it. Go be sick over there.”
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Gee.... I came here expecting a brawl. All I see is some drunken sod trying to imitate another fictional drunken sod. This from Wiki: ...1825 under the name "Ypsilanti", after Demetrios Ypsilantis, a hero in the Greek War of Independence. See... Michigan is multicultural!

Living in Australia, I'm glad I'm seeing my former homeland from a distance. Personally I don't care for Dems or Repubs.... for my entire life, each election meant same shit. Taxes went up, wages, not so much. America needed a change, and I figured Trump might be that change factor. Before Covid, last I heard, the American economy was up. Covid might kill this pres, though the dems aren't putting up a decent candidate.

FWIW, Trump was smart enough to pick a party. The two party system is the death of democracy wherever it's in effect. You think you're getting democracy... but you've been fooled.

Comment

Well, he isn't wrong.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

Aw fk, apologies. And apologies to any people from Athens, Europe who may have a drink problem and who may have taken offence ti the YuupSilanti post.

Let’s get the brawling kicked off to satisfy the masses. 👏👏👏👏👏 🤦‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
                        Gee.... I came here expecting a brawl. All I see is some drunken sod trying to imitate another fictional drunken sod. This from Wiki: ...1825 under the name "Ypsilanti", after Demetrios Ypsilantis, a hero in the Greek War of Independence. See... Michigan is multicultural!

Living in Australia, I'm glad I'm seeing my former homeland from a distance. Personally I don't care for Dems or Repubs.... for my entire life, each election meant same shit. Taxes went up, wages, not so much. America needed a change, and I figured Trump might be that change factor. Before Covid, last I heard, the American economy was up. Covid might kill this pres, though the dems aren't putting up a decent candidate.

FWIW, Trump was smart enough to pick a party. The two party system is the death of democracy wherever it's in effect. You think you're getting democracy... but you've been fooled.
                        Meh. Even in "multi-party parliamentary systems" it really becomes a two-party system at the end of the day; a majority coalition and a minority coalition.

The only practical difference is that America's system does all that coalition building BEFORE the general election rather than AFTER.

Comment

Trump's tweets today are totally insane. Democrats eating their young and the old man that was pushed over by Buffalo cops being a false flag.

Comment

How does anyone with a modicum of intelligence stand by that guy?
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              How does anyone with a modicum of intelligence stand by that guy?
                              By seeing Trump as a controllable quantity (he by and large has actually MANAGED like a replacement level Republican if you take away his bluster and social media presence).

Comment

Working...
                              X