Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    Unknown is a MAGA?

Seems like a hippy type!
    All that peace talk, must be a pachouli loving hippy, right? lol.

I am an advocate of violence in self defense. Big advocate.
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post

You don't need to wish me luck. Many are talking about the danger of a "revolution" or a "civil" war on the horizon. I don't know if it'll happen, but we've both acknowledged that these are, let's say, tense times. There are active secession movements going on... really, there always has been. They just go nowhere. But if things get worse, you're going to see more secession talk. And at a certain point, someone's gonna be serious about it.

If it came down to war or secession, I've made it clear what I advocate. Our best hope would for peace would be secession. I have only asked if the people here would support peaceful secession, or if they'd support the use of violence by the SuperState to prevent it.

So far, the silence (especially among the most vocal of you here...) is a bit of an indicator...
      I understand it might be hard to grasp for an absolutist like yourself, but not all secessions are created equal.

For example, if I dunno... Arkansas (nobody on this forum from Arkansas, are they?) decided they wanted to create a white ethnostate and relegate blacks to second class citizens? No, I would not abide by that secession, and I would expect and in fact demand the "SuperState" to use force if necessary to prevent that crime against humanity. You don't get to do that, and if I have to put a gun to your head and make you respect the rights of your fellow man, I'm going to do it. Don't like it? Tough shit.

Now, some yahoo in Montana (anyone here from Montana?) wants to declare his ranch a sovereign nation so that he doesn't have to pay taxes? Ya know what? Fine! I'd let 'em do it. But I suspect after a couple weeks of being treated like a foreign country, he'd be crawling back begging to be let back in.

Oh? You want to go to your workplace? Has your work visa been approved? No? Then you're not leaving your country. Go back where you came from.

You wanted to go to Walmart? Let me see your passport. Don't have one? Well... then sorry, you're not allowed to leave your country.

Oh you do have a passport? Are you prepared to pay duty taxes to Customs on what you're taking across the border? No? Oh well sorry... then I'm afraid I can't let you have this stuff.

Sir? I'm afraid your alleged "hunting" took you across the border. I'm going to have to consider you a hostile invader. Have your Secretary of State try and negotiate your release.

Because I have discovered that those "Sovereign Citizen" types.... well... what they really want is all the benefits of being a citizen, but none of the responsibilities.
      Last edited by chemiclord; January 15, 2021, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Let them leave the country. They don't get to take the land / property with them.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• There is no such thing as peaceful secession - but that doesn't mean it can't be successful.
          Texas secession from Mexico. Followed by U.S. Annexation, followed by the Mexican-American war.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post

All that peace talk, must be a pachouli loving hippy, right? lol.

I am an advocate of violence in self defense. Big advocate.
            Hey, I wasn’t judging. I’d interpreted it as wanting some kind of hippy commune rather than MAGAstan.

Comment

• In ULFLandia, telling him to do something he doesn't want to do is violence against him.

Once you understand that, the rest of his petulant bullshit... actually, no. It still is the childish rantings of a nine-year-old with a thesaurus, but ya know. What can ya do?

Comment

• heh, I accurately portrayed his inability to use logic and reason, resulting in emotional outbursts and ad hominen attacks as childlike.

Now he's on a constant thread of representing personal responsibility, peace, and freedom as childlike.

That one must've really stuck.
                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Every accusation is a confession.

So that one must have really hurt you.

For someone whose scoffed at people not actually answering your questions, it is kinda funny that your immediate response to me was to deflect and resort to ad hominem attacks. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, doesn't it?

If you wanna keep playing, "I know you are, but what am I?" I guess I'm game.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; January 16, 2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Peaceful secession? Highly unlikely but sure I'd potentially support it.

If state that wishes to secede provides agreed upon compensation for any federally owned lands. As well as compensation to those within its borders that wish to remain U.S. Citizens for their land and moving costs etc.

Do those things and I'm listening. Proceed in secession without doing those things and in my view you are stealing which will likely lead to violence.

Comment

• Aw no! A US-exit, remain / leave conversation? Noooooo!!!!

Could have fun with the name though.
                      U-Sexit.
                      “Getting boring guys, any chance U-Sexit it up a bit?”
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Any of you lot know any QAnons?

Terrifying how widespread that batshit conspiracy is. Certainly the driver in many of those protesting the other day, including the girl who was shot.

Its spread all over Europe. I’ve got one mate who has gone right down the rabbit hole, I’ve got $1000 that Biden is inaugurated next week with him. He thinks martial law will be declared and Biden is going to Gitmo.

Comment

• I know quite a lot of “died in the wool” QAnons, TLL who go way overboard and think some real weird stuff is going on. But it’s not ALL batshit crazy. Some of the lesser weird ideas are probably correct in the worlds greed for the ££’s €€’s & $$’s

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                            Any of you lot know any QAnons?

Terrifying how widespread that batshit conspiracy is. Certainly the driver in many of those protesting the other day, including the girl who was shot.

Its spread all over Europe. I’ve got one mate who has gone right down the rabbit hole, I’ve got $1000 that Biden is inaugurated next week with him. He thinks martial law will be declared and Biden is going to Gitmo.
                            Oh yes. They are more common than the manly men rugged individualists in rural areas now.

Comment

• I know quite a few. I have a cousin that has fallen head first into the rabbit hole. Anti-vaxx, covid is a hoax, vaccine has tracking chips, stolen election, pizza gate, Bill Gates, blood drinking pedophiles etc etc.

My sister thinks the Sandy Hook shooting was staged

Where I live in Lower Alabama, I would guess that about 60% truly believe that the election was stolen

Hell, Georgia elected a Q Congresswoman. She is absolutely bat-shit crazy.

Otherwise intelligent people have turned into complete morons. It boggles the mind.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Every accusation is a confession.

So that one must have really hurt you.

For someone whose scoffed at people not actually answering your questions, it is kinda funny that your immediate response to me was to deflect and resort to ad hominem attacks. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, doesn't it?

If you wanna keep playing, "I know you are, but what am I?" I guess I'm game.
                                Stop using the word hypocrisy. It's a concept that exceeds your mental capacity.

Every time you've used it, it's a result of you taking something I've said, filtering it through you own twisted, confused ideology, and then accusing me of espousing your contradictions. It's called projection.

Sorry, did I use too many big words for you there?

OK, OK, you may have used it correctly once...when pointing out that after enduring hundreds of your personal attacks and ad hominems, I've turned the tables on you a few times. A better man than I wouldn't stoop to such a level, but I find it entertaining once in a while.

And now you're "game." Oh my. I'm sorry fellow forumites, it appears I've caused chemo to abandon his usual rational, adult debate style to adopt a strategy of personal attacks, yelling down anyone he disagrees with, and bloviating about his extreme leftist moral superiority.

Comment

Working...
                                X