Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    If Campbell wants tough as nails……
    There is a great place I can recommend here in Edinburgh.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• BWAHAHAHA!!

Oh man that was awesome! Well played sir.. Well played
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Suh's PFF grade for 2021 was 49. They have a bunch of defensive lineman they have to work in. If they signed him, I wouldn't hate the signing but I think he is kind of done at this point.

Comment

• This keeps getting worse and worse. RIP

Jeff Gladney’s girlfriend also died in Monday morning wreck

Posted by Charean Williams on May 31, 2022, 5:21 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Tuesday that Cardinals cornerback Jeff Gladney and his girlfriend, Andrea Mercedes Palacios, were the two people killed in an early Monday morning wreck. Palacios was 26. Gladney was 25.

The sheriff’s report, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, indicates Gladney and Palacios were in a vehicle that was “speeding and clipped the second vehicle from behind” on the service road of a Dallas freeway. The speeding vehicle lost control and struck a pier beam just before 2:30 a.m. Monday, overturning into a grassy area.

Neither occupant in the second vehicle was injured.

The Cardinals and Vikings released statements Monday after learning of Gladney’s death.

The Cardinals signed Gladney on March 17.

“We are devastated to learn of Jeff Gladney’s passing,” the Cardinals said in their statement. “Our hearts go out to his family, friends and all who are mourning this tremendous loss.”

The Vikings, who made Gladney a first-round choice in 2020, shared similar condolences.

“We are saddened by the tragic death of former Viking Jeff Gladney,” the team wrote on social media. “Our hearts go out to his family and friends, as well as the Arizona Cardinals organization and Jeff’s current and former teammates and coaches who are mourning his life lost much too soon.”
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I would too but Suh won’t come back to Detroit
            I remember when he was a Ram he took a massive dig at Stafford for some reason, saying that Goff was by far the best QB he'd ever had as a teammate. So now that we have Goff, who knows. Lol.
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Suh's PFF grade for 2021 was 49. They have a bunch of defensive lineman they have to work in. If they signed him, I wouldn't hate the signing but I think he is kind of done at this point.
              Having a veteran presence is never a bad thing. Would be kind of cool to see him in Detroit again and retire as a Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Having a veteran presence is never a bad thing. Would be kind of cool to see him in Detroit again and retire as a Lions.
                He's a 35 year old penetrating D-lineman that can't penetrate anymore.
                Only thing he could do is take snaps away from the D-lineman they drafted who they need to get snaps to develop.
                3-4 years earlier - sure.
                Now? He's a memory. I guess if you are going to stomp on an O-lineman - might as well be a Packer......

Comment

• The Lions already have one veteran presence with iffy production in Brockers. If you could snap your fingers and switch the two, I would do that. But Suh's time is past.

Comment

• 6 sacks each of the last two years is good for 5th and 6th most from a DT in the NFL. It's also 2 and a half more than any Lions DT has had since Suh left. Thanks for the hot takes though?

Comment

• Let's get the band back together!

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                        6 sacks each of the last two years is good for 5th and 6th most from a DT in the NFL. It's also 2 and a half more than any Lions DT has had since Suh left. Thanks for the hot takes though?
                        Meh, you are talking about bringing back a 35 year old DT to show the kids of the future the ropes.....
                        If you bring him back - he should be the 2nd option - not the 1st.
                        He's not the future - and this team isn't built to win in the present to begin with - unlike the last two teams he's played for.
                        All he'll do is steal playing time from the very players you need to see play to see what your got for the future....

Comment

• Which is why I said earlier that I'm not sure it makes sense here if they are confident in the youth. I agree on that point. Even if he's better now it's not the right long-term move. I agree with Froot that I'd happily swap him with Brockers though. It's just not gonna happen.

I just wanted to point out that he's still been producing better than most and certainly more than anything we have had.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                            Which is why I said earlier that I'm not sure it makes sense here if they are confident in the youth. I agree on that point. Even if he's better now it's not the right long-term move. I agree with Froot that I'd happily swap him with Brockers though. It's just not gonna happen.

I just wanted to point out that he's still been producing better than most and certainly more than anything we have had.
                            You'd need to clear that through Froot and Chemi - they think that spending money is how you build a better team......
                            i.e. Brockers extension......
                            They stuck like Chuck for 1 season - you get stuck like Chuck for 7 in MLB......

Comment

• Yes spending money is definitely needed in MLB. That doesn't apply here though in this particular scenario, Suh is no longer a big ticket free agent. He is a past star looking for a landing spot.

Comment

• LOL. Good luck with that. It’s probable that Brady doesn’t get enough credit for the success of the “Patriot way.”

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X