NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    LOL. Good luck with that. It’s probable that Brady doesn’t get enough credit for the success of the “Patriot way.”

Bwahahahahahaha!! Oh my goodness that’s f’ing hilarious
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Yes spending money is definitely needed in MLB. That doesn't apply here though in this particular scenario, Suh is no longer a big ticket free agent. He is a past star looking for a landing spot.
      I am sure we could get a return on investment for a 1-2 year deal for Suh. Is it worth it? You fill it, you are taking away youth snaps in a season where expectations are pretty low. But that only matters if we have a player worth giving the snaps to? Do we. If we are playing a mostly 3-4 like, then I think the answer is yes. If base looks more like a 4-3, then maybe not. I am not for tanking for the sake of tanking, whether or not we need a QB, if you can improve the team and its not costing an arm and a leg it might be worth it. Who knows, Goff steps up. The moves on D materialize (Hutch has a great year, Okudah finally shows up), having a player like him might be the difference between 6-11 record and a 10-7. Doubtful. To many fresh pieces and a lot of growing pains to be expected, but we aren't devoid of talent and key players in key spots could cause a big jump.
      Last edited by Topweasel; June 6, 2022, 10:39 AM.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Knowing the Lions luck, Patricia will turn out to be some great play caller and lead the Patriots into a new era of glory once Belichick retires…

LOL

Comment

• They can keep him. That dude was a real piece of shit.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If you look at the Lion offensive stats after Patricia took over, you know the Patriots have identified a keeper at play caller.

Comment

• It’s going to be funny when Belichick retires in the near future and Patricia will maybe be heir to the throne as next HC in NE.

The greatest slap in the face to Detroit fans if Patricia has any success there.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                If you look at the Lion offensive stats after Patricia took over, you know the Patriots have identified a keeper at play caller.
                After all the "winners" MS had to deal with in Detroit (HC/OC), he was so bad that he made him say, NO MORE to Detroit.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

It’s going to be funny when Belichick retires in the near future and Patricia will maybe be heir to the throne as next HC in NE.

The greatest slap in the face to Detroit fans if Patricia has any success there.
                  It would not to me. We tried him and it did not work here. IDC if it works elsewhere. It matters not really.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• USFL players vote to unionize

Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2022, 11:30 AM EDT

Getty Images

The USFL didn’t want its players to unionize. The USFL didn’t get what it wanted.

Via Sportico.com, the USFL’s players voted on Monday to appoint the United Steelworkers as their exclusive bargaining representative. The unionization vote prevailed by a ratio of more than 2-to-1.

While the involvement of a union will make it more expensive to do business, it will result in greater benefits for players, from pay to other workplace conditions. And it’s necessary, given that football players are wired to accept whatever terms are offered in order to have the ability to play football.

The successful unionization of the USFL could mean that, next year, a similar effort will commence to organize the XFL’s workforce.

Young athletes who are interested in taking advantage of any and every opportunity to make a career out of pro football can easily be exploited and mistreated and ultimately not given a fair piece of the pie that their efforts are generating. (Case in point — college football.) It’s good that they’ll have the collective protection afforded by membership in a union.

Comment

• Bears lose a day of OTAs for violating league rules on non-contact practices

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 7, 2022, 10:43 AM EDT

Getty Images

New Bears head coach Matt Eberflus is getting a lesson in the rules on non-contact practices during the offseason.

The Bears were forced to cancel today’s Organized Team Activities for violating the rules by doing live contact in practice, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The violation took place during May practices, and after the NFL Players Association and the league looked into it, the result was losing one day of OTAs.

It’s not uncommon for first-year coaches to get busted for not doing enough to enforce the no-contact rules on practice fields where competitive players often want an opportunity to hit each other. In 2021 the NFL cracked down on Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer for violating the rule in his first (and last) year as a head coach.

Comment

• I like Etienne but he isn't close to Deebo. He is closer to being like Swift, if he reaches his potential.

Doug Pederson: This is the time to experiment and see what Travis Etienne can do

Posted by Myles Simmons on June 7, 2022, 9:06 AM EDT

Getty Images

In 2021, the Jaguars drafted Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne in the first round to help reshape their offense.

But only one of those two was able to play during the season, as Etienne suffered a season-ending foot injury during a preseason game.

Etienne is now healthy entering 2022 and the Jaguars’ new coaching staff apparently has significant plans for him. Etienne has been working at multiple spots along the offense and he recently said he’d like to emulate 49ers receiver Deebo Samuel to exploit different matchups.

Head coach Doug Pederson was asked on Monday how Etienne is progressing and replied, “Really well.”

“Gosh, it’s just exciting to get him out here and get him on the grass this whole offseason and really work with him,” Pederson said in his press conference. “He’s doing a great job handling a lot of information we’re throwing at the guys and putting him in different spots. [We’re] just seeing what he can do right now.”

As for moving him around to different places on the field, Pederson said, “It is fun. This is the time to do that stuff, to really experiment on both sides of the ball and just kind of see what the guys can do, and he’s one of those guys.”

Etienne was a strong running back throughout his time at Clemson, but he became more of a receiving threat in his last two seasons. He caught 37 passes for 432 yards and four touchdowns in 2019, giving him 2,046 yards from scrimmage. And in 2020, he had 48 catches for 588 yards with a pair of TDs in 12 games.

Comment

• The New York Times reported Tuesday that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson booked massage appointments with at least 66 different women over 17 months, from fall 2019 through spring 2021.

Comment

• I admire his persistence in trying to find the right one…

Comment

It’s going to be funny when Belichick retires in the near future and Patricia will maybe be heir to the throne as next HC in NE.

He has a much better chance of succeeding as play caller than as a coach. He is intelligent, and he knows how to manage gamedays, and he made the right calls. It's just that he has no clue how to be a leader of men, and his guys did not play for him. Not even one bit. He was the complete opposite of Jim Caldwell, who was completely tone deaf to basic gameday strategy but his men would run through a wall for him. We can clearly see which head coaching ability is more important, and fortunately Mr. Kneecap MCDC has the more important trait - and he's not an idiot on gameday either in my opinion (being aggressive with a bad team is not dumb, he was building credibility with his men).
                              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

LOL. Good luck with that. It’s probable that Brady doesn’t get enough credit for the success of the “Patriot way.”

Nothing will give me more joy in the future than the pleasure of than watching alternative Zack fail in anything related to football. He is a disaster.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X