No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Heyward: Larry Ogunjobi was very open and upfront about Mason Rudolph fight

Posted by Josh Alper on July 21, 2022, 7:40 AM EDT

Getty Images

After the Steelers signed defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi in June, there were plenty of people who noted that Ogunjobi was suspended one game for his role in a 2019 brawl with the Steelers.

Ogunjobi was playing for the Browns when Myles Garrett bashed Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph in the head with a helmet during an in-game altercation. He waded into the fray and shoved Rudolph to the ground and engaged with other Steelers players.

Ogunjobi said that Rudolph reached out to him after the signing and that came after Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward called Ogunjobi asking if it was “going to be weird at all” to have the two players in the same locker room.

“I think Larry and Mason have already talked,” Heyward said on his Not Just Football podcast, via SteelersDepot.com. “I haven’t done anything to work on that, but I think Larry was very open and upfront about it. He wanted to make sure everybody was on the same page and didn’t want to let anything happen. He’s been all in, and I think him just addressing it and being straightforward is huge for our team, and now we’re just focused on football.”

Ogunjobi filled a need for the Steelers when he signed in the wake of StephonTuitt’s retirement and his ability to help the team on the field appears to be a bigger deal that what happened a few years ago.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kyler got paid then. Am I alone in not liking QB’s agitating for a new contract when they’ve only been in the league 3 years? He’s been good but not that good.

It worked for him I suppose.

Comment

• Rudolph made a great choice. If he can stay healthy he's going to be a monster TD machine with Brady
        Last edited by jaadam4; July 21, 2022, 03:58 PM.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Let the Brothers get paid LL.
          The white man need to share his wealth.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
            Let the Brothers get paid LL.
            The white man need to share his wealth.
            Why would you bother posting that garbage?
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I might have laughed at that...... a couple decades ago.

If someone doesn't see it.... they don't see it. Older people can still grow. There is still hope. Like Gandolf said. But only a fool's hope.
              Last edited by dpatnod; July 21, 2022, 11:15 PM.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                Kyler got paid then. Am I alone in not liking QB’s agitating for a new contract when they’ve only been in the league 3 years? He’s been good but not that good.

It worked for him I suppose.
                Teams can cut players at any time regardless of contract status.

Why should players have any more respect for contracts?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Teams can cut players at any time regardless of contract status.

Why should players have any more respect for contracts?
                  I guess because the rookie deal is so important for teams. We saw that in Detroit when we had Stafford on a non-rookie deal before the pay scale changed.

I don’t think players who haven’t exactly torn up the league (though he’s been good) should be throwing their weight around after just 3 years, especially after the last season ended in failure including getting blown out by the 2021 Lions.

If QB’s start demanding big bucks sooner and sooner it undermines the integrity of that rookie deal - they should have 5 years on a reasonable contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Why would you bother posting that garbage?
                    You know why.

Did he tell that to his black neighbor too?

What an
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

I guess because the rookie deal is so important for teams. We saw that in Detroit when we had Stafford on a non-rookie deal before the pay scale changed.

I don’t think players who haven’t exactly torn up the league (though he’s been good) should be throwing their weight around after just 3 years, especially after the last season ended in failure including getting blown out by the 2021 Lions.

If QB’s start demanding big bucks sooner and sooner it undermines the integrity of that rookie deal - they should have 5 years on a reasonable contract.
                      A team doesn't HAVE to acquiesce to a player's contract demands, ya know? If they paid out to Murray, it's because they looked at the QB talent pool, and realized there weren't any great options on the horizon. If a player has leverage, they have every right to use it. Because you know damn well teams will wield leverage they have like a cudgel.

I'll start calling for players to honor their contracts once teams are required to honor their contracts.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; July 22, 2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• That's a litmus test

Comment

• Future you want me to be racist so therefore in your eyes I am.
                          My post was just a matter of saying that players need to get paid what the market bears.
                          The players make the game what it is.
                          They should get paid as much as possible considering a life altering injury can happen at any time.

Comment

• Oh and by the way I think the owners are white.
                            dint think there’s a POC owner unless you call Khan the Jag owner a minority

Comment

• I’m one of the most politically incorrect people there is. I like to poke fun at just about all of our differences but i didn’t get the post out of the blue. Is it from a previous discussion?
                              Last edited by jaadam4; July 22, 2022, 11:26 AM.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• If your asking me about my post that you said was garbage I was making a comment on London Lion disagreeing with what Murray got paid.
                                What is anything worth? Whatever someone wants to pay you is your worth, at least in monetary terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X