No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Houston situation is so bad. I can definitely see why Watson feels how he does. You hope that they hire Bieniemy and everything goes great except for when they play the Lions, but the fact that it's gone the path it has ... yeah just terrible management in Houston.
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
      That Houston situation is so bad. I can definitely see why Watson feels how he does. You hope that they hire Bieniemy and everything goes great except for when they play the Lions, but the fact that it's gone the path it has ... yeah just terrible management in Houston.
      Did you see O'Brien went to be the OC in Alabama? No one probably wanted to touch him.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Did you see O'Brien went to be the OC in Alabama? No one probably wanted to touch him.
        That's a pretty sweet gig tho haha

Comment

• New drinking game:

Watching Bills / Chiefs AFC championship game from 1993 on NFLN.

Every time the defense makes a play that would be penalized today, take a drink.
          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• They shouldn't have rules, man!!!!!! It's violence against the players!
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Matt Patricia is reported to be making a return engagement with the New England Patriots

Comment

• Dagger Time!!!!!
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Curtis Samuel is a guy I'd look at as FA if I'm the Lions. He's 25 and I think way better than his numbers. Hasn't had the best QB play, but he has big play ability. He's like one of those SF receivers where they're versatile threats

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    Curtis Samuel is a guy I'd look at as FA if I'm the Lions. He's 25 and I think way better than his numbers. Hasn't had the best QB play, but he has big play ability. He's like one of those SF receivers where they're versatile threats
                    Yup. Was a guy I’ve meant to mention as well. Look at guys like Curtis Samuel and Josh Reynolds from the Rams. Both 25. Both fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

Yup. Was a guy I’ve meant to mention as well. Look at guys like Curtis Samuel and Josh Reynolds from the Rams. Both 25. Both fast.
                      Yeah good call

Comment

• It is a strong free agent WR class this year which could help Detroit land a good one at a reasonable price while the teams with more cap target the bigger names. They need a guy to stretch the field more than anything else on offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                          It is a strong free agent WR class this year which could help Detroit land a good one at a reasonable price while the teams with more cap target the bigger names. They need a guy to stretch the field more than anything else on offense.
                          I think Samuel can do that ... I know Waddle can

Comment

• Don't think he's on the level of the big 3 in the draft but Samuel is a good get for sure. Would make losing out on them in need of a QB hit a little less hard.

Comment

• JARED COOKTE, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

The Athletic's Katherine Terrell expects the Saints to "move on" from Jared Cook this offseason.

Cook has an $8.04 million roster bonus due on the second day of the new league year, making the move something of a no-brainer for the cap-strapped Saints. Less involved in the offense this season, especially as the year wore on, Cook's 37 receptions were his second fewest since 2010. This, for a team that struggled for healthy pass-catching options. Cutting Cook would create $9.1 million in space for a team that is well north of $100 million over the cap. Cook turns 34 in April.

SOURCE: The Athletic
                              Jan 26, 2021, 2:46 PM

Good goobly goo
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Get em Mike!

It’s too late for Aaron Rodgers to downplay the fuse that he deliberately lit

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2021, 11:10 PM EST

Getty Images

On Sunday, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers spontaneously gave all of sports media a multi-day talking point by spontaneously raising the vague question of whether he’d played his last game in a Packers uniform. On Tuesday, Rodgers tried to take it away.

It’s too late for that.

“A lot of guys futures that are, you know, uncertain, myself included,” Rodgers said, in response to a question that had nothing to do with his future. Rodgers later said that “[t]here’s a lot of unknowns going into this offseason,” without identifying any of the unknowns.

His comments prompted multiple seasoned reporters who cover the team to sense something ominous in Rodgers’ words. For example, Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin, who knows Rodgers very well, said that Rodgers “sure sounded like a guy saying goodbye.”

In his regular Tuesday appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, Rodgers tried to bid farewell to any talk that he was saying goodbye.

“After the season that I had, potentially winning MVP, and we obviously made another good run, I don’t think that there’s any reason why I wouldn’t be back,” Rodgers said. “But there’s not many absolutes, as you guys know, in this business. To make an absolute statement about something that is not an absolute, I didn’t do it.”

But in his final press conference of the 2019 season, Rodgers strongly implied an absolute statement about his status for 2020 when he said this after a loss to the 49ers in the NFC Championship: “The window is open for us, and that’s the exciting thing. I think we’re gonna be on the right side of one of these real soon.”

The difference, of course, is that the Packers drafted quarterback Jordan Love in April, giving up a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick to get him. Entering the 2021 offseason after a stellar 2020, Rodgers has every right to want clarity regarding his future with the team given its deliberate decision to eschew an opportunity to add weapons when adding a quarterback.

Do the Packers envision one more year? Two more years? Three? Will Love eventually become the starter, or will he be traded away, like Jimmy Garoppolo was in New England, in the fourth season after he arrived as Tom Brady‘s potential replacement?

Rodgers wants a new contract. Intent on never incurring the wrath of Packers fans, he’ll act like he doesn’t. But he does. Because a new contract will give him the clarity he seeks. Alternative, the refusal to give him that contract will provide a different kind of clarity — and it will likely prompt Rodgers to begin making a plan for a future with a new team, possibly in 2021 but more likely in 2022.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, who confirmed that Rodgers wants a new contract during a Tuesday appearance on Peacock’s Brother From Another, made an excellent point regarding the dilemma created for reporters and analysts when Rodgers uses press conferences or other public settings to send messages. Any reporter who happens to notice the message and dares to articulate it ends up being lumped in by Rodgers into a bucket of clickbaiters and troublemakers who suddenly don’t know what they are talking about.

I’ve been there. During the 2016 season, Rodgers on multiple occasions raised concerns that traced directly to coach Mike McCarthy. Rodgers cited a “lack of juice” in a home loss to the Colts, explaining that the sideline lacked “the same kind of enthusiasm and encouragement.” After giving up 47 points in a loss to the Titans, Rodgers said, “There has to be that healthy fear as a player that if you don’t do your job they’ll get rid of you.”

Although Rodgers never tied those concerns back to McCarthy’s coaching of the team, I did. History proved that interpretation to be accurate. My reward, of course, was to have Rodgers complain at his locker about reporters who were interpreting his words as complaints about McCarthy.

“Especially guys like Mike Florio,” Rodgers said. “Don’t waste your time reading crap like that.”

Despite the fact that no good deed goes unpunished when it comes to Aaron Rodgers, I’ll say it again: He wants and deserves clarity regarding his future. He wants and deserves to know that he’s more than a year-to-year option. And if he finds out that he’s a year-to-year option (via a refusal to give him a new contract that cements the relationship through 2022 or 2023), that’s when he’ll want and deserve to start plotting his next move.

Then, when he sends unmistakable messages and reporters and analysts notice it and react to it, he can dust off Steve Urkel’s catch phrase and tell people not to waste their time reading or listening to crap like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X