X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good. Now if we can get Watson happy in HOU teams will have to come get MS

Jared Goff’s contract makes it very hard to trade him

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2021, 7:13 PM EST

The Rams seem to be pondering the possibility of life without quarterback Jared Goff, the first overall pick in the 2016 draft. However, the contract the Rams gave Goff in 2019 makes that much harder.

A trade would trigger a cap charge of only $22.2 million, which is manageable. The problem for the Rams will be finding a team that willingly takes on his contract, which carries $43.325 million in fully-guaranteed payments due in 2021 and 2022.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dak Prescott gets a long-term deal . . .

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• GERALD EVERETTTE, LOS ANGELES RAMS
        The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports the Rams are "not expected to" re-sign free agents Gerald Everett and Josh Reynolds.

Everett is coming off a career-highs in targets (62), catches (41), and receiving yards (417), but the Rams have already invested in Tyler Higbee, who is signed through the 2023 season. Everett, 27, should sign as a low-level starter or high-end backup depending on his landing spot. Through four seasons, Everett is averaging 6.8 yards per target with a 62% catch rate. He's a former second-round pick. As for Reynolds, he'll likely sign as a backup outside receiver. Reynolds has averaged a forgettable 7.2 yards per target through four years.

RELATED:
        SOURCE: The Athletic
        Jan 26, 2021, 9:27 PM

Comment

• Speed matters...

McDermott points out 'gap' in speed between Bills, Chiefs

"There is still a gap in terms of where we are and where they are. It's not just one answer that solves that problem," McDermott said, via Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN. "We all have to, starting with me, we all have to continue asking ourselves the hard questions of the what-ifs and the whys and the hows. We as a staff have to get better and improve, we have to improve our roster, we have to improve our operation and what we do."

McDermott specifically noted the Chiefs' speed as something the Bills will have to match in the coming years.

"I think the speed element showed up on the field the other night," he said. "I don't think it takes a coach to realize that. Speed and size, that's what this game is -- speed, size and physicality."

It's rare for a coach to get so specific when publicly analyzing his club's downfall. McDermott's willingness to admit his defense needs more speed to contend with the Tyreek Hills and Mecole Hardmans, etc., on the Chiefs roster underscores how evident he believes the gap is currently.

Comment

• Moving Goff would be a salary dump. LA would need to add a TON of picks to dump that deal on a team. I think that contract has an easy out after two years, but he makes big $ in 21’ and 22’.

Comment

• I wonder if we woukd be interested in a Goff/Stafford deal if they gave us a godfather offer. Like numerous high picks for numerous years.

Comment

• Would you take on two years of Goff during a rebuild knowing you can dump him after 22’? Then draft a guy like Lance for him to sit behind Goff?

You’re not trading for Goff, you would be trading for the giant haul of picks over the next few years for LA to dump him.

Comment

• No and we're not in a position to absorb that.

Comment

• I just learned a lesson about reading all the posts relating to a topic haha

Seriously, though, there would need to be a lot of picks attached to Goff. If there were ... yeah maybe. He's not the worst guy to bridge to a draft pick
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Well, if anyone would know Goff, it’s Holmes and Agnew.

Comment

• Why would the Lions want to spend so much on a Juggs machine?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                            was this Watson approved?
                            Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

was this Watson approved?
                              Don’t know.

Comment

• It sounds like the Texans are trying to reach out to Watson again. Seeing if Watson would stay with David Culley as HC.
                                Texans brought back their OC from last year, Tim Kelly.
                                Though it’s possible that ship has sailed with Watson.

David Culley. Never heard of him until yesterday. Resume seems weak, but who cares based on other HCs that are hired. People say Culley is a nice guy... so, best of luck to him.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X