X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Saints among teams interested in Richard Sherman

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 16, 2021, 2:06 PM EDT

Getty Images

While there was one veteran head coach who engaged in some pretty clear tampering with Richard Sherman several weeks ago, another may actually land the cornerback.

According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, the Saints are among the teams expressing interest in Sherman. Part of the appeal for Sherman would be reuniting with Kris Richard. He was Sherman’s position coach from 2011-2014, and then his defensive coordinator from 2015-2017 with the Seahawks.

Sherman, who turns 33 at the end of the month, played just five games in 2020 due to various injuries. He recorded one interception and one pass defensed. He appeared in 14 contests in 2018 and 15 in 2019 with San Francisco.

Sherman’s made the Pro Bowl five times — four with the Seahawks and once with the 49ers.

The Saints have a need at cornerback after releasing Janoris Jenkins to create cap space.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Packers place second-round tender on Robert Tonyan

Posted by Josh Alper on March 16, 2021, 1:28 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Packers have moved to secure tight end Robert Tonyan‘s return to the team for the 2021 season.

According to multiple reports, the Packers have tendered Tonyan as a restricted free agent at the second-round level. That sets him up to make $3.384 million and the Packers would get a second-round pick if they opt not to match an offer from another team for his services.

Tonyan caught 14 passes in his first two seasons with the Packers before breaking out last season. He had 52 catches for 582 yards and 11 touchdowns during the regular season and eight catches for 82 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs.

Marcedes Lewis, who joined Tonyan as the team’s top two tight ends last year, is set for unrestricted free agency.

The Packers also tendered defensive back Chandon Sullivan at the right of first refusal level. That tender comes with a $2.133 million salary and no compensation if Sullivan leaves for another team.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• From what I heard during the season, for Jonnhu Smith, he was tasked with helping the offensive line with blocking when they had some injuries. That’s why he seemed to disappear.

As for the Pats, bringing Newton back doesn’t see like a great idea.

Comment

• Is Jackson worth a cheap contract as a backup CB and return man? He hasn’t been very good as a starter, but if he can be the primary returner, might be worth it.

Comment

• Oh yeah. We also now have a hole at returner. Well, hopefully we can put Vatai back there and see if he has some wheels.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              Oh yeah. We also now have a hole at returner. Well, hopefully we can put Vatai back there and see if he has some wheels.
              You said ahole
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                From what I heard during the season, for Jonnhu Smith, he was tasked with helping the offensive line with blocking when they had some injuries. That’s why he seemed to disappear.

As for the Pats, bringing Newton back doesn’t see like a great idea.
                Having 2 good TE for the Pats means that it won’t look so bad when Cam keeps throwing the ball in the dirt.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You assume NE goes all in on a QB in the draft. Cam is such a placeholder.

Comment

• Still love the idea of swapping #7 and #15 with the Pats. They get their young franchise QB (Fields? Lance? M Jones?). Lions get more draft picks to address depth. Groom a young QB behind Cam Newton for a year.
                    ... Draft thread related, but I'm just replying to this conversation above.

Some more chatter about the Panthers interest in Watson.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cody, who do you like at #15?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                        Cody, who do you like at #15?
                        I’ll reply in the draft thread. (My fault)
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          Cody, who do you like at #15?
                          As long as 5 QBs go before us that would still lead to a quality positional player and that’s assuming we get a haul of picks including a future 1st rounder

Can you imagine some crazy shit happening with LAR and NE completely tanking with us having 3 premium 1st rounders next year
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Russell Wilson likely staying with the Seahawks ... Cardinals adding AJ Green and Rodney Hudson today... 49ers gave Trent Williams the biggest contract ever for an OLineman.
                            Glad to see the NFC West is an arms race.

Now if only the 49ers trade for Watson and fulfill 49ers fans dreams...

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I still have no idea what the Raiders are doing. They seem lost
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

You said ahole
                                Dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X