Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Brian Xanders --> Bob Quinn --> Brad Holmes.
    are you saying that the Lions should move away from names starting with the letter B?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Certainly stay away from the GMs and HCs with a first or last name starting with the letter M.
      As a NFC North team... It is groundbreaking for the Lions to hire a HC that doesn’t have a first name starting with a M + 4 letters long. Typically a Matt or Mike.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Noted
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It looks like the woeful Tigers won't bag a win tonight, down 10-0 in the sixth. The Tigers' are the last place Yankees best medicine. Can we get a quick look at the Tiger farm ratings?

Comment

• Ugh
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Ugh
              Your statement is an understatement on how awful this team is.

And to think that the Tigers were in the World Series almost 9 years ago.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• They are so bad now and there isn't much to look to for the future.

Comment

• You know it's bad when the Tigers organization themselves posts the result of the game like this:

FB_IMG_1619875326060.jpg
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The one thing you notice when they are this bad going with the kids or whatever the hell they are doing the people that campaigned for this are nowhere to be found. Five years in and they are dismal. This may be worse than the hopelessness we saw with this team during the late 90s, early 2000s. At least there was a hope that Mike Ilitch would spend money eventually. That isn't the case here. I thought once they extricated themselves from that awful position that they were in that they would never go back. I was horribly mistaken, this team may be 2003 bad.
                    Last edited by froot loops; May 1, 2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Oh yeah! Remember how many people in THIS forum were telling us this HAD to happen? That the Tigers simply were spending too much money and HAD to focus on "the farm?"

Where are all those people? Where did they go? This is what you wanted, guise!

Comment

• The Tigers have been focusing on the farm and doing a mediocre/ poor job at it.

Not spending + mediocre/poor job with the farm = "Oh no, we suck again."
                        It's a dumpster fire. The owner and GM both suck.

I've lost patience with this regime.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If this was in the middle of the season--there would not be the hand wringing there is right now. This team was never going to be a contender and really I thought going into the season that this is a 70-73 win team and I still stand by that. But a few things.

1)The offense will not remain this bad. It is a low walk/high strikeout offense with middling power. When the power is off and the BABIP fairy is away the offense looks awful. There are quite a few hitters that are way outliers compared to what they are historically (Schoop, Miggy, Jones and Reyes) and should bounce back. Meaning Schoop and Miggy are likely right around league average. If/When Mazara comes back that should help the lineup too.

What this year is about is seeing what the young kids answering questions about them.

Will Castro: Can he handle SS defensively (doesn't look good so far) over the course of the season? While he was visited many times from the BABIP fairy---how much regression/consolidating his gains will there be (not looking so far but still small sample size---looking at his career so far a streaky near league average offensive player?)). If he can handle SS defensively then the large crop of good SS that are FAs (Story, Corey Seager, Baez, Correa) get a higher priority.

Jeimer Candelario: Can he keep the gains he made offensively? It is worth noting that while he is a better defensive player at 3b, he has hit much better as a 1b (278/367/472) than as a 3b (232/319/381). One of the few in the Tigers lineup that is willing to take a walk. Power is down a good bit but small sample size cavets apply here.

Michael Fulmer: Can he recapture at least part of what he was before the injuries. Velocity has come back (around 95 now) which is an excellent sign. A touch homer prone right (1.3hr/9) but the stuff looks good. Would like to see him go deeper into games when he starts. A Fulmer that can take the ball every 5th day would really add some depth to the rotation going forward

Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal: Can they be counted on in the rotation (you see flashes with both but they are taking their lumps)?

Gregory Soto: Can he lock down the closer's role? or become a high leverage RP?

Isaac Paredes: Can he handle 3b or 2b defensively over the course of the season? Need to show he can hit on the major league level (he has on previous level though he has not played at AAA yet). One of the few Tigers that is willing to take a walk. Can he force his way back up to Detroit?

Spencer Torkelson: How does he handle 3b defensively? How does he do in his first taste of pro ball and playing games every day?

Akil Baddoo: Not sure what to make of him. An amazing story and it is encouraging that Hinch says the best part of his game is the mental part. That bodes well. We will see how he adjusts to the pitchers adjusting to him being able to his fastballs. Not sure he is a hacker but the Ks are piling up and the walks are not. I think he is a fourth OF but there is a chance he could be Granderson lite.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Good fucking grief

Comment

• 🤔
                              I feel like that’s the equivalent of saying:
                              “Yeah, the Lions went 0-16 this season, but Calvin Johnson is sure promising! Things are looking up!”

Tigers have the worst record in MLB and a -60 run differential. Next closest team is -23! Like holy shit that’s bad.

Me personally, there is NOTHING nice to say about Ilitch or Avila. They don’t deserve it.
                              Love the Tigers... it sucks right now.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• All of these strikeouts and they are a punch and judy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X