All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    I think one difference is that the Lions actually have options in that regard. In those dark ages you speak of, I'm not even sure the Lions really scouted some of the guys they drafted or signed, and just picked names they recognized from national articles.

Hell, if Goff continues to improve, the Lions may already have that answer right in their laps. I'm still not 100% sold, but the promise IS there. And if team manages to completely lay an egg, they'll be sitting on a high draft pick in what looks to be fairly strong QB class.
    How are you even 1% sold on Goff? What more does he need to do to convince you he's a bridge QB?
    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Do we have a Goof... er I mean Goff Thread? I mean... he showed some promise. Can't let that go unpunished.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        Cake or Pie?

Barry or Emmit?
        Cake and Barry. Any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

How are you even 1% sold on Goff? What more does he need to do to convince you he's a bridge QB?
          Exactly this. Perfectly put. He'll help us transition; he's not The Answer or anything on the same planet.

Comment

• The worst thing they can do is convince themselves on a quarterback that isn't the guy. San Fran is about to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

He doesn't need to convince me, because you're not going to find a bigger skeptic than I am of Goff's ability to figure out his game. But I'm not going to deny the potential to be more than a bridge is there.

Comment

• was not good in the first half of the season but he was OK at the end. Plus the more.I watch the Rams with Stafford, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with wonder boy as a coach. It took the Rams getting down 10 to figure out to let Stafford cook.

Goff has had a couple Pro Bowl years. His arm strength seems iffy. He can be an Alex Smith type.

Comment

• Nah, he's got "enough" arm to get the job done. He doesn't have Stafford's cannon, no, but very very few QBs in this league do. He can get the ball downfield fairly quick. It'll do.

The question I have with Goff is that all we've seen (even during his Rams time) was flashes of what he can do. He's never really put it together into a complete package. He's at that critical point in his career where it either is going to happen, or it never will. If it does? Yeah, he can be every bit of a franchise QB. If it doesn't (and honestly, it doesn't for most QBs in the NFL, and it's like highly likely it won't for Goff), then he's gone at the end of next year.

The Lions are stuck with him next year anyway. Might as well see.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigfeller View Post

Cake and Barry. Any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
                    The Office Lie GIF
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I think Goff is a good QB on the short to intermediate routes but he was terrible anything long downfield. As in, not even close.

Maybe it was the lack of confidence in his WRs or newness of the system. If he could somehow find that he’d be more than a bridge but if he can’t stretch the field it’s not good enough.

They can run an efficient west coast short passing game but in the long run they need to find a vertical threat
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Like that Stafford to Kupp pass to setup the game winning FG against TB. Goff couldn’t make that throw with confidence
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                          I think the year they got boned in Dallas was the only legit contending team they fielded in his tenure. There are like 6-12ish teams every year that have a very real chance to win. Only one does. He didn't have the opportunities.

The time before that they gave up 45 points on 6 TD's to Matt fucking Flynn heading into the playoffs. That was not a contender. They gave up another 45 to the Saints.

The Seahawks year was a crappy team that backed in. Stafford was 150 yards shy of being the teams leading rusher.
                          Even that year the Lions were never going to Century Link to beat the Legion of Boom era Seahawks.

The offense wasn’t good that year - called by Joe Lombardi.

Comment

• I fault the GM and Caldwell for sticking with asshole JBC. He couldn’t do shit with RBs. How f’ing long do you have to go without a 100 yard rushing for them them to see that. It was plain as day.

Watch any Detroit Lions football game during that time and it’s bound to pop up on the screen. He was a moron in the run game.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• There might be three to five at most quarterbacks in the league that make that throw to Kupp. Stafford had the confidence yesterday and in week 18 and the throws were lacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

He doesn't need to convince me, because you're not going to find a bigger skeptic than I am of Goff's ability to figure out his game. But I'm not going to deny the potential to be more than a bridge is there.
                                350.png
                                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Working...
                                X