No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For any of you that are on Facebook, search for Mowtownlion Detroit. It was one of Cat's profiles. It is public. His daughter posted a tribute from CBC in Sudbury Ont where Bill worked for many years. It is very nice, check it out if you are so inclined.

BTW, when Bill and his wife visited me in Alabama a few years ago, he told me that he was a disc jockey at CKLW in Windsor back in the 60s. I imagine quite a few of us old-timers from the Detroit area heard him on the radio. He said his radio name was Duke Windsor. I told him that I remembered that name and he laughed and said that he was one of many"Duke Windsors". They just ran different Disc Jockeys through and used the same name sometimes over the same time period. Ha!

He had a full and amazing life, and yes, he was a good guy.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Sorry for your losses, Future.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        For any of you that are on Facebook, search for Mowtownlion Detroit. It was one of Cat's profiles. It is public. His daughter posted a tribute from CBC in Sudbury Ont where Bill worked for many years. It is very nice, check it out if you are so inclined.

BTW, when Bill and his wife visited me in Alabama a few years ago, he told me that he was a disc jockey at CKLW in Windsor back in the 60s. I imagine quite a few of us old-timers from the Detroit area heard him on the radio. He said his radio name was Duke Windsor. I told him that I remembered that name and he laughed and said that he was one of many"Duke Windsors". They just ran different Disc Jockeys through and used the same name sometimes over the same time period. Ha!

He had a full and amazing life, and yes, he was a good guy.
        Thanks for sharing, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/10002408853...4632025738232/

I had never heard about them shuffling DJ's through but keeping the same on-air name for the time slot! That's hilarious.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Thanks for posting this CGVT an for the sticky Deb.. He was a great guy. I had posted about my favorite candy bar being a Mars bar but the didn't sell them anymore(or so I thought) he brought a package of six to a Forum Game. Apparently you could still buy them in Canada. This is from Wikipedea--------"

"The American version was discontinued in 2002, then revived in a slightly different form the following year under the name "Snickers Almond"". I wasn't aware of the "Snickers Almond" thing. Rest In Peace my good friend.
          Last edited by DanO; December 1, 2021, 11:39 AM.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

RIP Bill . While you are up there ask God to show a little Mercy towards the Lions.
            I know they are a grain of sand on the shore of His priorities , but he’s God and can make it happen!

Comment

Thanks for posting CG, I remember meeting Bill and his wife at one of the Forum games, Arizona I believe. We shared our NC connection, I believe he said he lived in Cary near Raleigh NC and really enjoyed it. He seemed like a really great guy and I am so sorry for his family's loss.
              "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
              Colin Powell

Comment

image_10548.jpg

Despite knowing that Catalano William (Bill) Joseph aka "el gato," or "The Cat," as he would refer to himself with me, was battling illness for a long, long time, this loss is hard to take as well.

Even though I never personally met the man, we not only bonded though the forum but more so through PM's. He was absolutely a funny, kind, well traveled, well versed and giving man. He apparently left an indelible mark on my life. Believe it or not, just like some of you here and those that left before our time.

This one shared attached PM chain will hopefully paint a picture of what an unmet "stranger," does because they are simply a nice person, through and through.

RIP El Gato 😢
                Goodbye

Screenshot_20211217-091352_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20211218-081328_Gallery.jpg
                Last edited by -Deborah-; February 12, 2022, 12:44 PM. Reason: resized the photos
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                  X