Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
    Root that fucker. I've rooted all my androids
    Do you have a preferred instruction site to share?
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• it just depends on your device. xda-developers.com will always have the latest, you just have to make sure you know what device you're looking at, the provider, and the OS version you're on. Guides are always there
      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• ty
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• So I went ahead and plunked down $250 on a Surface RT tablet with the cover/keyboard.

I was feeling too lazy to read all the info on what model does what, and blah blah...

It was kind of an impulse buy from Wally World. It was a good price and I figured I'll just give it a whirl and if I don't like it, easy return.

So far, I *think* it'll do everything my wife wants to do. I just have to mess with it some more. But I gotta tell ya, this tablet/touchscreen/keyboard/pointer/mouse/intermingling is really pissing me off already...

Hey LB, glad to hear you went with the Ooma - what's your report after owning it for a while?
            The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Geek bait

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Don't know where to put this......, it's not technology or geek related but it's a question, and I'd be interested to know from an American perspective:

What is the least amount of miles you would travel to a job that would merit booking in to a hotel for the night? Obviously your country is bigger, I'm guessing your answers will be different from mine.

The reason I ask......, I'm doing a job Thursday & Friday in Eyemouth....., 70 miles from home. 140 miles round trip. (Times two for the two days) I'm all for booking in to a hotel but the wife is saying "get your arse home boyo!" Total nightmare. 70 miles is far enough away to merit hitting the hotel (and bar) isn't it? Help me here.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Don't know where to put this......, it's not technology or geek related but it's a question, and I'd be interested to know from an American perspective:

What is the least amount of miles you would travel to a job that would merit booking in to a hotel for the night? Obviously your country is bigger, I'm guessing your answers will be different from mine.

The reason I ask......, I'm doing a job Thursday & Friday in Eyemouth....., 70 miles from home. 140 miles round trip. (Times two for the two days) I'm all for booking in to a hotel but the wife is saying "get your arse home boyo!" Total nightmare. 70 miles is far enough away to merit hitting the hotel (and bar) isn't it? Help me here.
                  Seventy miles is a daily commute for many people in the States.

If you are not used to that type of commute, and it's a rare thing, I would think that getting a room for a couple of nights would not be out of the question. Not sure of the cost of fuel, but it might not cost you too much more than driving back and forth as well as save you the time on the road.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• How long would it take to drive the 70 miles, Marko? Traffic congestion/weather could be a big factor in your decision.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Since I'm in this thread, a quick follow-up on the pc for the wife. She's decided she wants to go with this Dell XPS 12. She wants the bigger screen, because it'll be easier for her to do work.

There's really no reason to step up to the higher model with the i7 & 8GB of ram, is there?

I did look into the HP Envy x2, but it's not available anymore on the Japanese HP site.

Comment

• I wouldn't worry so much about the i7, but I'd go for the 8GB at least. My XPS17 came with 8GB, and I really want to bump it up to 16.

Look into whether it'd be cheaper to order it with 8 from Dell, or to expand it yourself in the aftermarket.

Comment

• The issue with upgrading aftermarket, however, is your number of slots and whether they're used or not. My XPS has 2 slots and 2x4GB filling it. So to go to 16GB I have to buy all new memory in 2X8. I can't just add 8, have to buy the full 16.

Comment

• Thanks ULF, I don't even think there's an option on the website to upgrade while ordering. They just make you upgrade to the higher model with the i7 & 256GB SSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Don't know where to put this......, it's not technology or geek related but it's a question, and I'd be interested to know from an American perspective:

I drove 124 miles round trip today after work to go to a reception. It was my daily commute for a year.

I personally would never consider staying overnight, unless there was an awesome pool or something. ;)
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Thanks guys.

CGVT, it's not a normal commute for me over a two day period. I do work away as far as Anerdeen or Inverness, (125 miles away) but that's definitely a Premier Inn stopover. To be honest, in my head, it's nothing to do with fuel costs etc, (although i tell the wife it is) ....., it's simply I cannot be arsed driving after a days work. Having to concentrate on the road and deal with assholes....., which are here in abundance.

LFIJ, the weather and traffic conjestion are not in my favour for a stopover when this job will be happening. 1) We are having a miniature heat wave. Mid December and it's 13 degrees C outside. This time last year it was below freezing and knee deep in snow....., and 2) the trip to Eyemouth is always against the busy traffic. It's usually clear the entire way as its heading out of Edinburgh, and then travelling back, again it's against traffic.

SLF, there are no awesome pools in Scotland. But there are awesome 40 inch TV's with Sky Sports in Premier Inn bedrooms.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X