No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you just tell him, Hey, you know I am in IT, right?

You know I am going to find out......is there anything I should know about your past?

.......and see how that works out.......

If he doesn't call you again, you probably are better off.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Very good.

John Oliver Goes Off On An Epic, Fact-Checked, Mic-Dropping Rant For 13 Minutes That You Need To See
      This topic is so boring, I'm not even going to tell you what it's about. John Oliver's epically informative and hilarious analysis will have to do the talking. It's REEAALLY important. Please watch. You'll laugh and learn why the boring is actually quite imperative to us. I'm begging you to stick around to at least 4:02, as it's really important to understanding how they could really make things worse.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, it's pretty important.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• "Preventing cable company fuckery" Very good.

That guy is quite good......, reminds me of 80s/90s Ben Elton.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Did you see the Tony Abbott one, Marko?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk"]Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO): Tony Abbott, President of the USA of Australia - YouTube[/ame]
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• ^^ ^^
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Mark, did you ever get your website rebuild under way? Wondering what you thought about Wordpress as your platform...

I've been working with it a lot lately helping out a friend, so if you have any questions I can probably help you out.
                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• John Oliver is pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                    Mark, did you ever get your website rebuild under way? Wondering what you thought about Wordpress as your platform...

I've been working with it a lot lately helping out a friend, so if you have any questions I can probably help you out.
                    Yes I have.

I had a bit of a pause because my new laptop had to go back to have a mechanical problem fixed.

#3 Son set up the site (which I did three times before he did but got frustrated because I could not figure out how to get the results I was looking for).

With the help of a few tutorials, I am at the foundation stage and getting ready to build the castle.

If I run into a problem that Technodude (#3 son) can not solve, I will send out a help line.

.....so far I love it when I can figure out how to do what I want.

Comment

• Whenever you come across something you want to do, check for plugins. There's a ton of them.
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Understood!

Comment

• :::Absolute rookie alert:::

I would like to work on a layout for a business web site. Is there anywhere that I can get one started, take my time, build, add, edit, design, change, and generally mess around for free until it is time to "turn it on"?
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Re: OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                            :::Absolute rookie alert:::

I would like to work on a layout for a business web site. Is there anywhere that I can get one started, take my time, build, add, edit, design, change, and generally mess around for free until it is time to "turn it on"?
                            Take a look at squarespace use the offer code TWIT for 10% off.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              Take a look at squarespace use the offer code TWIT for 10% off.
                              Nice one. TWIT charged me 10% more.
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Trick, the best thing to do in that developmental stage is to run it on your own PC using XAMPP.

It creates your own web server on your PC, complete with Apache and a MYSQL database. You do all of your work on /localhost/myappname.html and when it's ready you can load it up to a paid hosting service.

Lots of advantages to doing it this way - you have more control over the server's settings, for example, you can set your error checking higher to help debug your code.

You'll get to test your app in a web browser as you build.

It's how I'm doing all of my development.

Comment

Working...
                                X