Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    What the crap?
    That was regarding the thoughtful inquiry from ULF on my web site project, sans quote of said inquiry.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Another "free" upgrade to my cable service recently. This seems crazy to me. I still remember my 2400 baud modem back in the olden days.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• wow. Charter just upgraded us here in Petoskey from 30Mb to 60Mb in the past few months and I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know they were getting double that on cable elsewhere.
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I did a little experiment. On Google Chrome:

On IE:

Either way, Charter sucks compared to Comcast. But I don't pay for it so I don't complain greatly.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• That's way fast Deb. I'm getting in the 90's.

Comment

• Comment

• Brighthouse sucks.

I get an 11.46 download and 1.19 upload
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I just upgraded my Mediacom internet.

I am supposed to get "up to" 100 up and 10 down

This is pretty standard for me now. I don't think they can support their "up to" claims
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    I was trying to remember what kind of results you had last time with your fiber service. That upload speed is crazy!!! As is the ping. lol

I didn't know that the cable speeds I'm seeing were even possible.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      I did a little experiment. On Google Chrome:

On IE:

Either way, Charter sucks compared to Comcast. But I don't pay for it so I don't complain greatly.
                      Not sure that's a fair comparison. You used servers in two different locations.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        I was trying to remember what kind of results you had last time with your fiber service. That upload speed is crazy!!! As is the ping. lol

I didn't know that the cable speeds I'm seeing were even possible.
                        I didn't either. I thought there was a ceiling there. That's great for you!

I am usually around 100Mb, which is the basic fiber service here in Gig City. If you think you need it you can move up to 1Gb for 70 bucks a month.

One thing I have noticed is that I slow up over time. To get it back I have to reset the router.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          Not sure that's a fair comparison. You used servers in two different locations.
                          I didn't realize that. The program did the choosing, not me.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Good point.

As I bragged about my cable speed yesterday, the service went out. Ha. Karma is a bitch.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Re: OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              Good point.

As I bragged about my cable speed yesterday, the service went out. Ha. Karma is a bitch.
                              We lost power here last night. I couldn't get to sleep without the ceiling fan to cool me off. Not directly caused by the storm but I think someone lost it on the rain slick road and hit a pole.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                We lost power here last night. I couldn't get to sleep without the ceiling fan to cool me off. Not directly caused by the storm but I think someone lost it on the rain slick road and hit a pole.
                                About fucking time. Those Poles are taking over. I do like the hot sausage sandwiches though.

* add a smiley ffs *
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X