No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, you left yourself open by not saying what kind of robot, so I looked up "creepy robots" on google. That one seemed the creepiest, although there was a weird baby one with crazy eyes....
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My first Robot:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7iUjX8AxVQ"]CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box - YouTube[/ame]
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• It is actually a pretty amazing machine. After 9 months I guess it is safe to say that. I wasn't sure about it when I got it.

I just want to make it... a little better.
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Always up for a good hack.

Geeze, I want to control the cpu in my friggin cat litter box.

Good grief. Too much?
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Needs more power!

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
              Needs more power!

Yeah. HA.

More than that it needs to be free to accept alternative (maybe less expensive) magic cleaning chemicals. Or to not become a brick when a cartidge "decides" it is empty (Like - cant even be made to drain. Hope you have a spare cartidge.... I have never seen them in a brick and mortar store).
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• I'm guessing that's probably on purpose. More profit for them.

Comment

• Yeah. It's my only beef. Great machine.

But I am always opposed to being "locked in".

My rebellious nature I guess.

Like printer companies. The money is in the ink cartidges. You can't refill them though, right?
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• I would assume there has to be a way to mod it.

Comment

• There is an open source group.

I know that each cartidge has an rfid chip. It "decides" it is empty by counting how many times it has run through a cycle - not wether or not it is really empty of fluid.

I am just debating....

building a PICT programmer..... risk my warranty.......

No. I would never mess with the electronic brains of a piece of machinery that I own........ It really belongs to the company that made it.

Thought over.

I would also never watch a burned copy of a dvd!
                      Last edited by dpatnod; September 25, 2014, 08:34 PM.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• I have one of those dpatnod. I bought it in about 2009, but one of my two cats refused to use it. Right now it's sitting in storage.

It was a pretty cool unit. I had mine in a basement utility room and was able to tap the drain hose directly to the waste water port in the floor. It was a nice setup, but alas Hobbes screwed up my plans to be done with scooping.

There are a lot of cool hacks for it, including alternatives to the expensive pellets.

You're probably familiar with litterboxcentral.com, the forums there have a lot of ideas for it.
                        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Yeah. I just have not done anything to mine yet.

I have a cabinet in the laundry room with a little "doggy door".. kitty door in this case. Inside the cabinet is a motion-triggered light.

When it runs into the cleaning cycle.... I have a surge protector that senses the extra power draw, and runs an exhaust fan with a damper hacked into a dryer hose on the head of the unit for 15 minutes. The fan connects to a dryer vent that goes directly outside by flexible tubing, and runs while it is running.

So it is completely out of sight, hooked to the plumbing both in and out, lights up for the kitties and blows out the smell after they leave.

Cool.

I am kind of running into what you did ULF. One cat took to it like the greastest thing ever. The (at a few weeks old encountered in the woods) one my daughter made me take in, not so much.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Yeah, I might have different pellets in mine.

I havent't yet... but I think I might JTAG my cat litter box.

What cracks me up is..... The code for the machine is called "Litter Language".
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              Sharky the DJ queues up, "In the Year 2525."

.....You won't find a thing to do, some machine's doing it for you.....
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                When it runs into the cleaning cycle.... I have a surge protector that senses the extra power draw, and runs an exhaust fan ...
                                I was wondering about this, but now I see that the newer models have the cat sensor to kick off the cleaning process as an option.

Mine is a 1st gen unit, and it only activated on time intervals based on setting. Good to see they changed that.

I think I'm going to try using it again. I think as hobbes gets older, he's less finicky about which box he uses.
                                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X