No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kstat - I chose ISO over converted content. No need to convert anything, no need to optimize. The LG upscales 1080p very nicely, I need to put a 4K card in the media PC so my 4k iso will play back smoother than the Firestick can handle. Very expensive, worth it.
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• $25 for a Fire TV Streaming Stick with code 4KFIRETV

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Going back to Direct TV to watch Football and Hockey - from U-verse who owns them now so what a nightmare costumer service AT&T is. Almost 3 hours on one phone call....They cant seem to figure out I need two houses, one old and one new account? Is that so hard? Sending me texts and e-mails changing the dates.

'2 weeks' to get an installer out . I had my friend wait all day Thursday and they didnt show, then send me an e mail they changed the date at 5PM
        Last edited by WingsFan; October 5, 2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Going back to Direct TV to watch Football and Hockey - from U-verse who owns them now so what a nightmare costumer service AT&T is. Almost 3 hours on one phone call....They cant seem to figure out I need two houses, one old and one new account? Is that so hard? Sending me texts and e-mails changing the dates.

'2 weeks' to get an installer out . I had my friend wait all day Thursday and they didnt show, then send me an e mail they changed the date at 5PM
          I finally got rid of DTV, not because of the expense, I got rid of it because of the new Death Star (AT&T) ownership and non existent customer service.

I've spent much of my adult life trying to escape their grip from back to the landline days. Them effing up my personal email and sucking up DTV were the last straws.

Wingsfan,

I watch the NFL and NHL (all sports if I wanted) for FREE.

Ask me how.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            $25 for a Fire TV Streaming Stick with code 4KFIRETV

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...language=en_US
            Last I read, you need to be an existing Prime Member for the code to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

I finally got rid of DTV, not because of the expense, I got rid of it because of the new Death Star (AT&T) ownership and non existent customer service.

I've spent much of my adult life trying to escape their grip from back to the landline days. Them effing up my personal email and sucking up DTV were the last straws.

Wingsfan,

I watch the NFL and NHL (all sports if I wanted) for FREE.

Ask me how.

I am not Wingsfan but, I would like to know. How?

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I have direct tv now (again) and its really is great for sports. Along with At&t wifi business landline and fax machine. By the way Gonz, this change wasn't my decision (though im happy about it).

Comment

• Sorry to hear that the Death Star sucked another defenseless entity into its pull.

Comment

• Death to the Death Star (AT&T)... This sneaky AT&T fee will make you absolutely furious

We've been pretty hard on the cable and telecom industries for all the sneaky fees they like to tack onto bills in a variety of ways, such that their inscrutable nature is one reason people so despise the companies and long for a much simpler relationship and pricing structure.

Comment

• Death by a thousand paper cuts (fees).
                      The price you see is most definitely not the price you pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

No issues for a week now with this duckduckgo.com (only because they don't track you) browser links to
                        ustvgo.tv and sports24.club
                        Not working for beans today. Stuttery buffering crap.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• There is nothing like the NFL Sunday Ticket Gonz - I dont really watch (or want too) much of the Lions and they can be my only choice many Sundays here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            There is nothing like the NFL Sunday Ticket Gonz - I dont really watch (or want too) much of the Lions and they can be my only choice many Sundays here.
                            I'm sorry if I didn't make it abundantly clear, ALL NFL GAMES, the NFLN and the NFL RZ can and are being watched gratis.

Sure beats all those years I paid stoopid dollars to DTV for the NFLST.

To each his own.

Comment

• Comment

• Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X