Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I wouldn't say he has a "loser mentality" at all. And sure, as a young team, they needed that shot of Vitamin R.

But that doesn't change the fact that if they want to be a champion, that attitude is going to be one that has to go. They're going to be expected (and they will have to) bring their best every single week regardless of what happened the week before.
    Well yeah true ... but I think Campbell knows they're not there yet
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• When you get trucked like that, it's never the "best thing". That was a "didn't get off the bus" performance.
      Got nothing to do with "talent" (or lack thereof). They just didn't show up ready to play and got their asses handed to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I wouldn't say he has a "loser mentality" at all. And sure, as a young team, they needed that shot of Vitamin R.

But that doesn't change the fact that if they want to be a champion, that attitude is going to be one that has to go. They're going to be expected (and they will have to) bring their best every single week regardless of what happened the week before.
        So, hopefully, this "experience" is one he can draw back on to remind them what happens when they get full of themselves. If it needed to happen, it doesn't need to happen twice
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cephus done for the season...as much ado as we made about the WR corps, he did nothing...i would guess he has played his last down as a Lion in a regular season game....

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Well yeah true ... but I think Campbell knows they're not there yet
            I cant imagine what that meeting must have been like watching that game film.....So many of the players on D looked lost and unsure of where they were supposed to be.....There was one play, like a 3rd and 8 or something, where they overloaded the LT side of the ball with Houston, Aidan, and a couple of others...it looked absolutely ridiculous....The Panthers audibled to an off tackle run on the right side and the RB ran untouched for about 15 yards.....Ironically Okudah was about the only player on that side of the field...i have no idea what they were thinking there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

I cant imagine what that meeting must have been like watching that game film.....So many of the players on D looked lost and unsure of where they were supposed to be.....There was one play, like a 3rd and 8 or something, where they overloaded the LT side of the ball with Houston, Aidan, and a couple of others...it looked absolutely ridiculous....The Panthers audibled to an off tackle run on the right side and the RB ran untouched for about 15 yards.....Ironically Okudah was about the only player on that side of the field...i have no idea what they were thinking there.
              Campbell mentioned in his post game that PIT played a "Heavy" DL (and 4 LBs) against CAR and handled them pretty good. PIT loaded up on the right side. So I think they tried to do the same but without going heavy. Oddly enough I think he said they played a lot of Nickle. Which makes no sense to me.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Campbell mentioned in his post game that PIT played a "Heavy" DL (and 4 LBs) against CAR and handled them pretty good. PIT loaded up on the right side. So I think they tried to do the same but without going heavy. Oddly enough I think he said they played a lot of Nickle. Which makes no sense to me.
                Im okay with them following a game plan but from jump street it was obvious it wasn’t working. Make f’ing adjustments
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Giants sign LB Jarrad Davis off Lions’ practice squad

Linebacker Jarrad Davis has been signed from the Detroit Lions practice squad to the New York Giants 53-man roster.

Davis, the Lions' 2017 first-round pick, has bounced around the league in the past couple of years. Last year, the Lions were outbid by the New York Jets in free agency, leading Davis to sign a one-year, $5.5 million contract in New York. After fizzling out there, the Lions re-signed Davis this offseason to a league-minimum deal.

Davis spent most of the season on the Lions’ practice squad, but when injuries hit Detroit’s linebacker room, they elevated Davis to the active gameday roster three times this season: against the Bears, Vikings, and Jets. In those three game appearances, Davis played a total of 36 defensive snaps and another 29 on special teams. Over that time, he tallied three tackles and a pass defended, and clearly made an impression with the coaching staff.

“It was outstanding to see JD go out there and make the plays that he did, and especially on special teams,” defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn said after the Jets game.
                  ​​​​
                  Because the Lions had already used three elevations for Davis, the only way he was going to play again for Detroit in the final two games of the season was if he was signed to the 53-man roster. The Lions likely had the opportunity to do so, but instead opted to let him go to the Giants—one of the teams who are currently contending with Detroit for the final two Wild Card spots up for grabs.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Davis’ future beyond this season. The Lions have spoken highly of the 28-year-old linebacker, so it’s entirely possible he makes his third appearance in Detroit, especially considering how much the defender has said he loves the city and the team.

“I love playing in that stadium, I love being around that city, I love seeing Michigan summers, winters,” Davis said back in March. “I’m still learning, still trying to grow on me, but I enjoy this place, I really do. I really do. And it just feels right.”

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Im okay with them following a game plan but from jump street it was obvious it wasn’t working. Make f’ing adjustments
                    The "plan" was wrong. PIT used bigger players we tried to use Nickle personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                      Giants sign LB Jarrad Davis off Lions’ practice squad

Linebacker Jarrad Davis has been signed from the Detroit Lions practice squad to the New York Giants 53-man roster.

Davis, the Lions' 2017 first-round pick, has bounced around the league in the past couple of years. Last year, the Lions were outbid by the New York Jets in free agency, leading Davis to sign a one-year, $5.5 million contract in New York. After fizzling out there, the Lions re-signed Davis this offseason to a league-minimum deal.

Davis spent most of the season on the Lions’ practice squad, but when injuries hit Detroit’s linebacker room, they elevated Davis to the active gameday roster three times this season: against the Bears, Vikings, and Jets. In those three game appearances, Davis played a total of 36 defensive snaps and another 29 on special teams. Over that time, he tallied three tackles and a pass defended, and clearly made an impression with the coaching staff.

“It was outstanding to see JD go out there and make the plays that he did, and especially on special teams,” defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn said after the Jets game.
                      ​​​​
                      Because the Lions had already used three elevations for Davis, the only way he was going to play again for Detroit in the final two games of the season was if he was signed to the 53-man roster. The Lions likely had the opportunity to do so, but instead opted to let him go to the Giants—one of the teams who are currently contending with Detroit for the final two Wild Card spots up for grabs.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Davis’ future beyond this season. The Lions have spoken highly of the 28-year-old linebacker, so it’s entirely possible he makes his third appearance in Detroit, especially considering how much the defender has said he loves the city and the team.

“I love playing in that stadium, I love being around that city, I love seeing Michigan summers, winters,” Davis said back in March. “I’m still learning, still trying to grow on me, but I enjoy this place, I really do. I really do. And it just feels right.”

This is a loss for the Lions.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• If Davis couldn't find consistent playing time in this LB corps, how much of a loss can it possibly be?

Comment

• Detroit Lions sign rookie offensive tackle to practice squad

​After losing linebacker Jarrad Davis from the practice squad earlier in the week when he signed with the New York Giants, the Detroit Lions have filled that vacated spot with a player on the other side of the ball. The Lions announced on Thursday afternoon that undrafted rookie offensive lineman Jarrid Williams has signed to the practice squad.

Williams signed with the Philadelphia Eagles after not hearing his name called during the 2022 NFL Draft, and although he did not make the initial 53-man roster, he did hang around on the practice squad for a couple of months before landing on the practice squad injured reserve list and eventually getting waived back on November 22.

Prior to his professional career, Williams split his college career first with the University of Houston before transferring to the University of Miami for the last two years of his eligibility. There he was the Hurricanes’ starting right tackle for two years and had a relatively successful career there:

Like most Eagles offensive linemen, Williams is long (36-inch arm length and 84.75-inch wingspan) and athletic (7.63 RAS score), with his most desirable trait being his lateral mobility. His 4.69-second short shuttle is above the league average and behind only Penei Sewell and Matt Nelson among the Lions current offensive tackles.

Williams is the second offensive lineman from the Eagles pipeline that they have signed this offseason—Kayode Awosika is the other—and he joins Obinna Eze as two developmental pieces on the Lions offensive line.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/...arrid-williams
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• They used Davis to fairly well when they elevated him from the practice squad, but he was only useful in certain matchups. I believe they were out of elevations with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              They used Davis to fairly well when they elevated him from the practice squad, but he was only useful in certain matchups. I believe they were out of elevations with him.
                              You believed correctly

Comment

• Screenshot_20221230_080946_Facebook.jpg
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X