No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we save in cap $ with this move? Seems like we have a decent amount of $ left.

Comment

• Need to save some for Teddy Two Gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        What do we save in cap $ with this move? Seems like we have a decent amount of $ left.
        $5,486,095 Dead money
        $5,182,072 Cap Savings

per OTC: https://overthecap.com/player/jeff-okudah/8743

I hope someone gets that kid out of his own head. ​
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          Need to save some for Teddy Two Gloves.
          lol
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The trade does free up an additional $5M this year. I don't think we need the extra space for any current FAs like Bridgewater, so perhaps there's a trade brewing?

Deandre Hopkins is supposedly on the block, and here's his spotrac contract numbers, but I don't know how his contract details would work with a trade. I think the Cardinals can assume some of it.

Hopkins, Jamo and ARSB....I can dream, lol

Comment

• We’re doing something. Some good FA still out there.

Comment

• Or extensions. could just be waiting until the dust settles after the draft to focus on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                  Or extensions. could just be waiting until the dust settles after the draft to focus on them.
                  That’s my guess.

Imagine the reaction here if the Lions gave up a 4th round pick for a former 1st round corner who’s never played a full season, blew out an achilles, and was a healthy scratch at the end of last season.

Comment

• 2023 Cap Space
                    Bears $35,864,763
                    Panthers $26,572,680
                    Lions $22,905,975
                    Packers $21,329,769
                    Cardinals $20,899,144
                    Colts $19,943,603
                    Eagles $19,901,938
                    Texans $18,345,536
                    Bengals $16,901,385
                    Chargers $14,960,042
                    Jaguars $14,872,022
                    Saints $14,659,642

That was before the Okudah trade.

And people locally think we haven't spent on FA. Well...

2023 FA Spending
                    Raiders $95,005,167
                    Giants $92,893,500
                    Ravens $83,841,000
                    Falcons $83,414,167
                    Seahawks $81,581,667
                    Broncos $73,787,500
                    Saints $70,412,500
                    Texans $69,492,500
                    Commanders $64,712,500
                    Bears $62,062,500
                    Panthers $61,455,833
                    Lions $56,812,500
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Okudah was a nice surprise last year. He definitely outplayed my expectations since they were basically at 0. He was a positive, but is he worth $5M? Hell no. He's worth vet min.
                      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• The kid was one of the best corners that I saw in college football
                        for a real long time. I’m not sure what that hell happened besides Fatty Patty.

I had gigantic hopes for him this season.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I wonder how Okudah’s career trajectory would have been different if he didn’t suffer a torn achilles injury… just seems like an unlucky huge setback for a majority of athletes that suffer this specific injury. As if some of the athleticism isn’t there after return.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            I wonder how Okudah’s career trajectory would have been different if he didn’t suffer a torn achilles injury… just seems like an unlucky huge setback for a majority of athletes that suffer this specific injury. As if some of the athleticism isn’t there after return.
                            IDK, he seemed like his greatest issue was biting too hard on fakes. I think if he went t a team like Seattle where he could have played in more zones, he would have been better. I don't think the injuries were the main reason he's not here. This group of management are very patient with injuries.

Comment

• The combination of that first year under Patricia and then the injury in year 2 may have just done him in. Or maybe he was never going to hack it. Who knows.

Comment

• I could only imagine working under Patricia. I work with a guy like that. He's on a lot of people's dislike list. {Yes. I am being really nice with that statement} Dude used to call people traitors when they left for better money.

Comment

Working...
                                X