No announcement yet.

Fire Dan Campbell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ex players as coaches probably has more to do with just being who Campbell knows than an intentional choice.

I imagine he probably has Sean Payton's ear even it no official position is in the cards. If so, you'd hope he's using it.

I do know they rightfully have faith in their o-line and lack it in the defense. That faith bit them in the ass in New England. They were 75 percent on 4th coming in though.

I don't necessarily like the first one on your own side of the field but it was a very short distance. The 4th and 9 was the bad one. I thought about possible wind before I read that article and saw him mention it. But was it actually bad? idk. NE kicked two going that way but they were only 37 and 29 yards. Badgley's try would have been 49. Obviously even going for it there most of the time the result isn't gonna be a defensive TD. Fairly or not that's going to make the decision look ten times worse to fans. We probably don't have the same energy if it's just a sack and they get a fg or punt on the drive.

Comment

My biggest issue with the fourth downs is, the failed third downs. We really need 4 downs to go 10 yards? THAT should be where their focus should be.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

TBH, I got more issues with going for it the first time than the 2nd.
        Why?

#1: Play the field position battle early - especially with a rookie QB. Yeah, your defense sucks but you want the rookie QB to drive 80-90 yards for a score.....
        #2: Going for it was the best option.....
        a) Because a 50 yd FG into a swirling wind with a rookie kicker - that is probably just going to give them the ball on the 40 - it's like taking an 8 yard sack on 4th down - might as well just try to make a play with that down instead....
        b) Nobody in their right mind punts from the opponents 32.....
        It was really only a bad decision because of the outcome of the play - Goff coughs it up and they scoop and score.

Lets be honest, it doesn't matter where that happens on the field or what down it is - it sucks balls on it's own accord.
        Lets also be honest, they try the FG and it misses or worse gets blocked and scooped and scored - every swinging Richard on this board would have been screaming about how Campbell was being TOO CONSERVATIVE - where the modern day thinking is at the opponents 32 you should be aggressive.

Comment

Badgley isn't a rookie but he's one those only accurate from 45 and in types. He's had 20 career attempts from 46+ with only 8 makes. 5 of 10 from 46-49 and 3 of 10 from 50+. That's including 0 for 3 in Foxborough with, amusingly, one blocked and returned for a TD.

So it actually does seem fair not to kick that. Some fault still lies with them for not finding an acceptable kicker though.

Comment

I can guarantee you I will never, ever, ever complain about kicking a 50 yard field goal on a 4th and 9. I don't think anyone else in here would be complaining.

Comment

I never bought any of this guy’s rah rah bullshit. The 4th and 9 from the 32 is an all-timer, even for the Lions. This guy is a turd.

Comment

“I can guarantee you I will never, ever, ever complain about kicking a 50 yard field goal on a 4th and 9. I don't think anyone else in here would be complaining.”

Ya, I couldn’t believe it when it actually happened. The fact the play resulted in a NE TD was icing on the cake.

We we’re down 6-0 and he passed on a 49 yd FG on 4th and 9. Even high school coaches don’t do shit like that.

Comment

Hmm, up 24-21 people were screaming bloody murder about attempting a 54 yd FG - in a dome...
                  My guess is that FG in NE would have been harder to kick than the one against the Vikes - where people were screaming he was too conservative and should have went for it.
                  People need to make up their mind what they want.

Comment

0-6 on 4th down. Yet another Lions record of infamy. Another idiot coach.

Comment

• I didn't complain about it, but 4th and 5 is different than 4th and 9. 54 >49. Also it was an end of game scenario.

Dumb call and dumb defense of a dumb call.

Comment

• Most high school coaches do go for it in that situation because you do not see many 49 yard field goals in high school. That is 4 down territory.

The problem for Campbell is this isn't Pulaski High, he is playing in the NFL and sometimes you need to win a game 16-13.

Comment

• I honestly never expected this thread to be anything but a goof. But, here we are.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Most high school coaches do go for it in that situation because you do not see many 49 yard field goals in high school. That is 4 down territory.

The problem for Campbell is this isn't Pulaski High, he is playing in the NFL and sometimes you need to win a game 16-13.
                            Still too early to fire him, though
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Campbell is a clown. Carnival barker. Dude was literally shaking pants with baby powder during Hard Knocks. He’s a turd.

Comment

• He what? LOL!
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X