No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm going to Atlanta for a conference in June, I can screen her for you, DanO.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Oh oh, YT. Time to take a bath. Deb's coming to town.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• "YT can check her out for you. How do you know she's a cutie?"
        -----------------------I've seen several pictures.

"Hey, I'm going to Atlanta for a conference in June, I can screen her for you, DanO. "
        -----------------------I'm sure I can fit in your suitcase Deb.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
          Hey, I'm going to Atlanta for a conference in June, I can screen her for you, DanO.
          If you have time when you're in town, let's get together for a drink or dinner (or both). Or you can come out to the house for a BBQ. I know Leti would like to see you again, and you can finally meet Ben.

Comment

• Sounds good to me. How about you Deb?

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• If Deb can get you into her suitcase, then you're welcome too.

I'll alert the neighbors to bring their dogs into their houses

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                Oh oh, YT. Time to take a bath. Deb's coming to town.

YT doesn't take baths. He just waits for it to rain.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  YT doesn't take baths. He just waits for it to rain.
                  Just trying to fit in with the rest of the locals. :-D

Comment

• Just saw this..............

ATKINSON, N.H. - Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.
                    The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."
                    A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

This is very sad for me. I am a HUGE Boston fanatic and loved Brad Delp's powerful yet melodic vocals. Boston was scheduled to perform dates this summer w/ REO Speedwagon as the opening act.

This really sucks! I feel like I've lost a close family member.

Comment

• I grew up on Boston. Saw them at the Silver Dome. They were warmed up by Sammy Hagar and Eddie Money.

Rest in peace, Brad.
                      ------------

Comment

• In heaven they are looking forward to his next album release---in ten decades

Comment

• I saw Boston at JLA several years ago. My ride left me there and I proceeded to walk to Trenton. I was pretty scared having several hundred dollars in my pocket and walking in downtown Detroit at 1:00am in the morning, A couple of guys stopped and asked if I wanted a ride. While I was leary I said OK as it was cold and I had a ways to go. I don't remember the conversation but what they were talking about made me real worried. When they stopped for gas I was out of there.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Why you had several hundred dollars at a concert is curious in itself, but why didn't you get a cab? What was it, 15 - 20 miles to Trenton?
                            ------------

Comment

• Great idea. Why didn't I think of that. No phone, No cabs driving by------------not NYC.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Former football player &amp; wrestler, Ernie &quot;The Big Cat&quot; Ladd, dies of cancer

Wrestling Observer Web site

Ernie Ladd, the giant defensive lineman with the Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Oilers and San Diego Chargers, who was one of the biggest names in pro wrestling during the 70s, passed away last night from cancer. He was 68. Ladd had been battling colon cancer, which spread to his stomach and bones for the past three plus years.

Ladd had an amazing career outside of the field in his battles for equal rights of black players, particularly in his years with the Oilers.

He was recruited into pro wrestling in the early 60s by Freddie Blassie, who was looking for a gimmick to help attendance in San Diego, which in those days was a very difficult town to draw in. Ladd was playing for the Chargers at the time.

Ladd, because of his size and intimidating presence made for a natural heel, and in 1969, made the decision to leave football to go full-time into wrestling, a decision he never regretted.

He was a headliner through the mid-80s, when his knees gave out. He was a headliner in every territory he worked, and was one of the few 70s wrestlers who was such a major star that he would headline several different territories at the same time, cherry picking the best cities and working at some point with almost every top babyface of the era.

In recent years, due to knee problems, he'd largely been confined to a wheelchair.

Ladd was a member of the American Football League Hall of Fame, the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and the San Diego Hall of Champions as a football player and both the Wrestling Observer and WWE Hall of Fame as a pro wrestler.
                                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

Working...
                                X