• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear this. RIP Dave.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
      I was in grade school during what I see as the glory days of the sport. I saw most of those great fights with Ali, Frazier, Foreman (watched his Ali fight with my father), Shavers, Norton, Lyle, etc. The '76 Olympics were unbelievable. Now watching Ali and his struggles, and what happened to guys like Quarry, you have to wonder if it was worth it. I know you can't really find cause and effect, but I have to believe the blows to the head played a significant role in their neurological problems post-boxing.
      .....and in Ali's case, snorting Raid.

They all thought they were invincible and learned they are not.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Dave Bergman Didn't he have a marathon at bat in the WS or Playoff for a big hit ?

Comment

• Sounds familiar WingsFan.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• IIRC, he hit a walk-off three run homer against Toronto in 84 at some point in the season.
            ------------

Comment

• Dean Smith. Gone.

RIP to one of the best BB coaches ever.

Dean Smith, who coached North Carolina to two men's basketball national titles, died Saturday night at the age of 83.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Damn. That sucks. I've always heard he was a class act.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• RIP coach Smith. Great coach, great man.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• One of the best. Though I was happy when the NCAA initiated the shot clock. Smith's 4 corners to run out several minutes at a time would drive me nuts.

RIP Mr Smith.

Comment

• RIP Coach.

Comment

• Great coach but his four corners ruined college B-Ball for me.

I had tickets to see Kentucky play Cincinnati but had to work and Cincinnati tried to play a "four corners' stall the entire game. Look at this score! The next year the shot clock was put in...

Sign Up Mega888 and free cliend game APK download ⚡ The game is compatible with Android and iOS, Our support center is open 24/7 to seek help.

Comment

• Dean Smith RIP!
                          Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Dan, I heard that story from Ashley Judd in the late 80's when we were dating.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ed Sabol, founder of NFL Films, dies at age of 98

Ed Sabol, founder of NFL Films, died Monday in his home in Scottsdale, Arizona, at the age of 98.

A member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2011, his vision led NFL Films in revolutionizing the way sports are presented. During his tenure (1964-1995), NFL Films won 52 Emmy Awards.
                              Many innovations were introduced under Sabol: the first use of a microphone on coaches, referees and players, adding popular music to footage, and of course, bloopers videos.
                              The Ohio State University alumnus served as the president of NFL Films until 1985. He turned over the role to his son Steve, who died in 2012 at the age of 69.

Ed Sabol, founder of NFL Films, died Monday at the age of 98. A member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2011, his vision led NFL Films in revolutionizing the way sports are presented.
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I didn't realize Sabol was that old. Holy shit.

RIP to him and Dean.
                                ------------

Comment

Working...
                                X