Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    "Didn't every old codger like us LOVE some Valerie Bertinelli back in the day."
    --------------------------------Ohj ya
    You can still follow your dreams as she is becoming a star again by working for the Food Network and other sources to distribute her program focusing on healthy eating.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yeah I liked Valerie Bertinelli, but my favourite at that time was Linda Carter.
      AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• David Bowie
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I just found out. Wow. Station to Station was the first album I ever bought. Huge loss.

Comment

• First Lemmy, now David Bowie? Wtf is going on!

RIP :(
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              "Didn't every old codger like us LOVE some Valerie Bertinelli back in the day."
              --------------------------------Ohj ya
              Yep, she was a natural beauty top to bottom. A fine example of Italian craftsmanship!

Comment

• David Bowie has died from a battle with cancer. He was 69.

RIP Ziggy Stardust, ALLADIN Sane, thin white duke,,,,,,,,,

Comment

• There were rumors for a long time that he was dying but he was still working, he just put out an album.

Comment

• Fame and Young American were two of my favorites. RIP.
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Very sad.

I don't know Bowie that well for his music outside of a few big songs (given my age), but I do remember him for his minor role in "The Prestige." He played Nikola Telsa in that movie. That was my favorite movie in high school for a couple months. I even did a project in my AP Europian History class about Telsa because of David Bowie's role.
                      Oh and his part in "Zoolander" of course
                      Last edited by Cody_Russell; January 11, 2016, 11:33 AM. Reason: Spell Check
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• But not the Labyrinth?!

I was never into his music much. There are a few songs I like. But I recognize his influence everywhere. And I blame him for most of the bands that came out of the 80s.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I like how Bowie kept churning out music and most of it was quality stuff where he was trying to explore new stuff. He will be missed, this one sucks.

Comment

• I didn't know he was sick. Tough loss...
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Apparently he was fighting cancer for 18 months. They were rumors 3 years back that he was near death but they were just tumors, but the implication was that he was not well. He had essentially retired from touring. I had read about a year back that when he was recording this last album that he told his guys that they would never tour with this music.

But it doesn't sound like he told many, Brian Eno didn't know.

Follow that link and read the piece, it is not for anyone who tears up easily

Comment

• Damn
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X