X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. No cause yet?

RIP Drew Sharp

Love this :

A columnist's role isn't to blindly lead cheers. Nor is it a blank check to slam individuals solely because you have been given a club. But there is a responsibility to raise questions and express doubts. There should be a commitment to deflate the smug and arrogant because, after all, this is only sports -- a useful diversion and an increasingly influential business, but hardly irreplaceable in our everyday lives.

*You don't need rose colored glasses everyday.
    Last edited by Panoptes; October 21, 2016, 09:06 AM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Just heard this also.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I was one of the apparent few who liked reading his stuff.
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Daaaaannnnnnggggg. I thought he'd stick around forever with his hate fest for Detroit. 56 is definitely far too young. That's horrible
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
            I was one of the apparent few who liked reading his stuff.
            I didn't mind him. I read his articles.

He pulled no punches. I posted his apparent ethos in being a sports journalist and it explains it all, perfectly.

Comment

• Shocking news, sorry to hear it. I didn't care for his constant negativity (nor the allegations of plagiarism), but after hearing him on the radio, I liked him. Regardless, much too young.

Side note, Terry Foster had a stroke a few months ago. He seemed like he was doing fine but I haven't seen him tweet much recently and he missed his targeted return to air date on the Ticket. Hoping he's okay...
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I'm going to miss going to the comments section of his articles. RIP Drew.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Shocking news, sorry to hear it. I didn't care for his constant negativity (nor the allegations of plagiarism), but after hearing him on the radio, I liked him. Regardless, much too young.

Side note, Terry Foster had a stroke a few months ago. He seemed like he was doing fine but I haven't seen him tweet much recently and he missed his targeted return to air date on the Ticket. Hoping he's okay...
                  And right after I posted that, Foster starts tweeting and the Ticket says Foster is doing well. Good news.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wow, never cared for his brand of journalism (and make no doubt, it was his brand that he cultivated), but that's sad to lose someone at that age. Always so tough on family and friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      I didn't mind him. I read his articles.

He pulled no punches. I posted his apparent ethos in being a sports journalist and it explains it all, perfectly.
                      lol.. Notice how you said you "didn't mind him". That's not a like or a dislike huh? You might be the only one here. im not sure how he stayed writing for Detroit for so long.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I liked his style.

Is that clear enough.

And I'm not the only one, not even in the last 10 posts.

Comment

• Drew was always hard on the Detroit teams but maybe justifiably so? Its a fine line between being realistic and being pessimistic.

Comment

• He is finally "Lions free"

God speed Drew.
                            The only logical explanation is:
                            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Wow! I was wondering where TFoss has been. I just assumed he was teaching a class at the same time the show airs.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Wow......RIP......

Comment

Working...
                                X