• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Perles passed away. He was 85.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• RIP George

Comment

• This one comes as a shock, Neil Peart of Rush has died.
        Rush drummer Neil Peart dead at 67

Neil Peart, the drummer of iconic Canadian band Rush, has died at age 67.

The influential musician and lyricist died Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., after having been diagnosed with brain cancer, according to a statement issued Friday by family spokesperson Elliot Mintz.
        His death was confirmed by Meg Symsyk, a media spokesperson for the progressive rock trio comprising Peart, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

Along with penning impressive lyrics, Peart was renowned for his proficiency on drums and expertly weaving together techniques from different musical genres, blending jazz and big band with hard rock.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...obit-1.5422806
        Last edited by Greg H; January 10, 2020, 04:41 PM.
        "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo.

Aw man. That one hits hard.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Seen Rush at Cobo I think I was 16

RIP

Comment

• Always considered Neil one of the best rock and roll drummers of all time...RIP

Comment

• They had mentioned on the radio that he was never going to be able to drum again, but I didn't hear about the brain cancer. I had a good friend who really was into Rush and got into guitars and drums because of him.

Gonz was big into Rush, along with PC Dave(or Graham Chapman). This forum is getting to the point where not many would remember PC Dave and his legendary lunch thread.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Saw them at the Palace in Auburn Hills...... 1990-ish. And every other day on my TV when bored at night.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Never really got into Rush, but saw a doc on them and respected the dudes in the band. I think it was a "Classic Albums" episode. I never liked the singer, but those dudes could play.

Comment

• Yeah. He's not a singer.

Wasn't really supposed to be. They weren't Journey, though.

If you got them..... What a band.

If you didn't..... What a band.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Well he was right about you being a cunt.

Did you know his name is Gary, and it was his Polish grandmother's accent that made his name sound like 'Pantopes'. And then it stuck.?
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Gonzgary? Sounds like a Canadian Ski resort run by Mexicans.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Gonzgary? Sounds like a Canadian Ski resort run by Mexicans.
                                HA!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X