No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP John Thompson, legendary Georgetown Hoya men’s basketball HC.

Comment

• RIP Gale Sayers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-dies-age-77

RIP Tommy.

Tommy DeVito, a son of New Jersey who became a founding member and lead guitarist for Frankie Valli’s beloved doo wop quartet, the Four Seasons, has died. He was 92. DeVito died Monday night …

Last edited by DanO; September 23, 2020, 09:19 AM.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Helen Reddy has past away.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...type=A1-brwsr-

My favorite song of hers.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...b&action=click

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Helen and Billie Jean King were the first “ women’s libers” a phrase my dad used to use...... never liked “ I am Women” but Delta Dawn was a good song

Comment

• Originally posted by gibby View Post
            RIP Jamie Samuelsen. Sunday's won't be the same
            Every morning for me.

Originally posted by BJK View Post
            RIP Cliff Robinson, aka Uncle Cliffy. He had a long, distinguished NBA career, most notably with the Blazers. He was considered a consummate teammate and pro. He was ahead of his time for his versatility, as a guy who could pretty much defend any position on the floor and as a “stretch big” on offense. Spent a few seasons with the Pistons in the early 00’s as a veteran presence during the build up of the “Goin’ to Work” team.
            No. Wow. I didn't know that. The Mrs is going to be bummed.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Googling this and hoping it was not true. Terrific actor who made a huge impact on his community. It's crazy to me that he was able to suffer through this without being discovered. Good for him, what a loss.
            Really sad. But of course Disney can't pivot so they're killing the whole Black Panther character. I don't like that. He did a really great work as the Panther, but there were a vast number of storylines we will never see. Like when he and MCU's X-Men character Storm fell in love and married.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Mac Davis has also passed away. RIP Mac

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/a...avis-dead.html

"RIP Jamie Samuelsen. Sunday's won't be the same". WOW!! I haven't been listening to 97.1 in about a year. So young. RIP Jamie
              Last edited by DanO; October 1, 2020, 07:16 AM.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Eddie Van Halen, 65, has passed after a long fight with throat cancer. DO NOT SMOKE CIGARETTES PEOPLE.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Man that’s tough to hear about EVH. Glad I saw them once in their heyday.

Comment

• Absolute fkn legend. Very sad at this news.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Really bummed about Eddie Van Halen. Still remember being a kid in my parents’ car hearing “Jump.” He was such an incredible, innovative talent.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/GcABbx_pUCo

Last edited by -Deborah-; October 9, 2020, 03:28 PM. Reason: embedded the video
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Man
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• RIP Eddie One of the greats.

Those videos of him smoking and blowing rings while playing don't look so cool now, damn.

Comment

• While the average person may have a good idea of the impact EVH had on music, I don't know if its fully appreciated the impact he had on the guitar player community with his many innovations. Here's a video that does a good job describing his specific contributions ...

This video even leaves out one thing. During his affiliation with Peavey, EVH helped design the 5150 amp in the 90s. This amp, and its many variants, were a huge part of the hard rock and metal sounds of the last couple decades.

Comment

• I saw a beat up Kramer in a pawn shop and remembered seeing Eddie holding one on a magazine cover. I didn't have enough to buy it on the spot. But after 30 minutes of playing dice behind the shop with a sketchy group, I went in and talked the guy down. After electrical taping a strap to the body, I found a tablature for "Eruption", stuck a lit smoke in between the Low E and headstock, and started practicing with my first ever guitar that didn't say "Sears" on the box.

Glad I kicked the smokes but I still can't play Eruption all the way through. RIP EVH
                                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X