No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He hasn't been mentioned as a veep candidate for many months...
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• But he was still relevant as a possible Supreme Court or Attorney General nominee.
      AXE 'EM!

Comment

• There's a politics forum you know...

Bernie Mac was far too young. :( When I heard the news this morning, I came online trying to find confirmation and the only stories I found were "Rumors of Mac's death are false" articles. And there was news story from yesterday that said he was improving and would be released soon. Sounds like things deteriorated quickly.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• As ghandi said, I heard earlier this week that he was hospitalized with pnuemonia. I wasn't aware of his medical condition though and didn't put much thought into it being more serious. RIP Bernie, I always thought you weren't just a funny guy, but a good guy as well.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• RIP Bernie!

Comment

• Man that's too bad. He was a funny man, and 50 is too young. At least I hope it is being 46 myself.

RIP Mr. McCullough
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• (CNN) -- Soul singer and arranger Isaac Hayes, who won Grammy awards and an Oscar for the theme from the 1971 action film "Shaft," has died, sheriff's officials in Memphis, Tennessee, reported Sunday.

Singer Issac Hayes seen performing in the U.K. last year. Hayes was found dead Sunday at age 65.

Relatives found Hayes, 65, unconscious in his home next to a still-running treadmill, said Steve Shular, a spokesman for the Shelby County Sheriff's Department.

Paramedics attempted to revive him and took him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after 2 p.m., the sheriff's department said.

No foul play is suspected, the agency said in a written statement.

Hayes was a longtime songwriter and arranger for Stax Records in Memphis, playing in the studio's backup band and crafting tunes for artists such as Otis Redding and Sam and Dave in the 1960s.

He released his first solo album in 1967, and his 1969 follow-up, "Hot Buttered Soul," became a platinum hit.

In 1971, the theme from "Shaft" topped the Billboard Hot 100 for two weeks and won an Academy Award for best original theme song. The song and the movie score also won Grammy awards for best original score and movie theme.

Hayes won a third Grammy for pop instrumental performance with the title track to his 1972 "Black Moses" album.

From the late 1990s through 2006, Hayes provided the voice of "Chef" for Comedy Central's raunchy animated series "South Park," as well as numerous songs.

The role introduced him to a new generation of fans, but he left after the show lampooned his own religion, the Church of Scientology.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• You and your chocolate salty balls will be missed.

RIP Chef
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Bernie Mac was way too young. Wow thats sad.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This sure has been a rough week. RIP Mr Hayes

Comment

• Man that sucks. I loved Chef. His character made me laugh. I had no idea he was a scientologist. I've seen the episode where they made fun of that religeon.

RIP Issac
                        ------------

Comment

• RIP Mr. Hayes and Mr. Mac

Comment

• Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac are both in the upcoming film Soul Men. I can't remember two people starring in a movie dying before it came out ever before.

Comment

• I heard Samual L. Jackson is in it too, so I'd be scared if I were him.
                              ------------

Comment

• nah, death should be scared of Samuel L.
                                The only logical explanation is:
                                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X