NFL offseasons simulations and NFL Mock Draft games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too.
    lol
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I prefer more of a QB Jesus built offense. And I like to picture my QB Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt because it says, I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too.
      I prefer this

3FvmDNr.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I have no problem double dipping on the O-Line in the draft. I prefer Barton @29 given the ability to move up and down the line and he would be the future C down the line once Ragnow retires. I alos would not have a problem signing a couple cheaper backups that have starting upside in FA too. That is part of the reason I don't have a problem paying Jackson for 4 years even with the possibility of letting GG walk. If you think Decker and Ragnow are gone in 3 years then there is big money coming off the books.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Anyone willing to share what the recent Athletic Mock draft had for the Lions? All I can see is that they had the Lions trade out of the 1st round.

I don't have a subscription

Comment

I can do better than that. Here is what they had for the entire NFC North:

1. Chicago Bears (from CAR): Caleb Williams, QB, USC

It sure feels like we can almost take out the pen for this projection. Any angst about Williams declining the Bears’ warm embrace faded at the NFL combine. Trading away Justin Fields soon followed, and repeating last year’s draft haul trade feels further away every day. This tight blurb reflects such thinking.

Projected trade: Cardinals acquire No. 9 from Bears for Nos. 11 and 71

11. Chicago Bears (from MIN, via ARI*): Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

All the good vibes surrounding the Bears — outside of angry Fields backers — overshadows their minuscule number of picks (league-low four). Having Allen and DJ Moore on the roster allows general manager Ryan Poles to let Odunze pass to acquire a high third-rounder and a needed pass rusher opposite Montez

4. Minnesota Vikings (from ARI*): Drake Maye, QB, UNC

Projected trade: Vikings acquire Nos. 4, 138 and 162 from Cardinals for Nos. 11, 23, 108 and a 2025 first-rounder

The draft community and many in the league view Minnesota’s recent acquisition of a second 2024 first-round pick as evidence that a bold move into the top five is coming. That’s a fair presumption, but it also implies that the Vikings are good with whichever top quarterback prospect falls to four. In this exercise, we’re saying the staff has a specific target in mind and, more importantly, feels comfortable he will be available.

Quarterbacks coach Josh McCown was on Maye’s high school staff, and the prospect with prototypical size and traits for the position seems like the better fit among the likely candidates for coach Kevin O’Connell — which means they go the extra mile to get the passer they want. The variance among league sources on Maye following a choppy final college season ranges from a longtime quarterbacks coach/offensive assistant saying, “I like Maye, but when I see the amount of work it will take to have him reach his potential, we’ll be fired first” to a scout’s praise, “he’ll be the best of the group.”

12. Green Bay Packers (from DEN*): Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

Projected trade: Packers acquire No. 12 from Broncos for Nos. 25, 58, 91 and 245)

Another team with 11 draft selections, the Packers move up 13 spots for arguably the best defender in the class. Mitchell dominated the pre-draft cycle after blasting off last season with the Rockets. This addition and free-agent safety Xavier McKinney bolsters a secondary that will face Justin Jefferson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen and Moore twice a season.

44. Detroit Lions: Chris Braswell, LB, Alabama

Projected trade: Raiders acquire No. 29 (used on Penix) from Lions for Nos. 44, 112 and a 2025 third-rounder with second-round potential

Trading for Carlton Davis aided the cornerback room. Now comes a tag-team partner for Aidan Hutchinson.
            ​​
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

I wouldn't mind that trade, I'm not sure on Braswell though.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I wouldn't mind that trade, I'm not sure on Braswell though.
                Pretty much my thoughts.

Comment

That trade back had them passing on DeJean, which I would be very surprised if he was available and they didn’t make home the pick. Just too much of a fit from a need/talent/culture fit.

Comment

PFN Mock simulation (uodated 3/26 1:35 pm)

32) Graham Barton IOL:
                    I picked up the 32 and 95 from KC in exchange for 29 and 246. They took WR Keon Coleman. The Lions still need to get depth for the IOL (where they might very well be looking at 2-3 starters being replaced next year). Barton this year can play coverage at multiple spots and step in and take over a starting spot next year. He can play at any O-Line spot but is best used as IOL until Ragnow retires. He is smart with aove average athleticism.He plays consistently well and has drawn comps to Cody Whitehair.

63) Kris Jenkins DL: Again another slight trade down. Gave up 61 and Philly 4th (2025) to the Steelers for 63 and Steelers 3rd (2025). Extremely athletic that can play up and down the line. Played more off the edge for Michigan this year. Still a lot of upside here. Very high level run defender. He ha a chance to be a high level run and pass guy. Excellent value here in the 2nd round.

73) Renardo Green CB: A true press man corner that has the upside of being an above average starter on the outside perhaps more. Very good mirror skills on the first two levels. He has good long speed (4.49 40). Very physical guy that might draw some flags. Still an excellent value here and he does have the upside of CB1

95) Kiran Amegadie OT: very long and very athletic. He does need to be coached up a bit He does have the smarts (Yale is where he hails from). Not a guy that is going start Year 1 but that is not needed with the Lions. If he does progress it could lead to the Lions having an option of moving Sewell to LT and plugging him at RT and letting Decker walk.

164) Jaylin Simpson S: A bit of a tweener but has explosive football traits. a rich man's Will Harris (which would be a very nice player).

201) Myles Cole DE: A pure traits guy. Elite wingspan (7'3), He does need to get bigger and stronger. Fast too (4.67 40). Has very good first step and active hands. There are a lot of questions but this is also the 6th round if he didsn't have them he wouldn't be here.

206) Joshua Karty K: The best kicker in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                      PFN Mock simulation (uodated 3/26 1:35 pm)

32) Graham Barton IOL:
                      I picked up the 32 and 95 from KC in exchange for 29 and 246. They took WR Keon Coleman. The Lions still need to get depth for the IOL (where they might very well be looking at 2-3 starters being replaced next year). Barton this year can play coverage at multiple spots and step in and take over a starting spot next year. He can play at any O-Line spot but is best used as IOL until Ragnow retires. He is smart with aove average athleticism.He plays consistently well and has drawn comps to Cody Whitehair.

63) Kris Jenkins DL: Again another slight trade down. Gave up 61 and Philly 4th (2025) to the Steelers for 63 and Steelers 3rd (2025). Extremely athletic that can play up and down the line. Played more off the edge for Michigan this year. Still a lot of upside here. Very high level run defender. He ha a chance to be a high level run and pass guy. Excellent value here in the 2nd round.

73) Renardo Green CB: A true press man corner that has the upside of being an above average starter on the outside perhaps more. Very good mirror skills on the first two levels. He has good long speed (4.49 40). Very physical guy that might draw some flags. Still an excellent value here and he does have the upside of CB1

95) Kiran Amegadie OT: very long and very athletic. He does need to be coached up a bit He does have the smarts (Yale is where he hails from). Not a guy that is going start Year 1 but that is not needed with the Lions. If he does progress it could lead to the Lions having an option of moving Sewell to LT and plugging him at RT and letting Decker walk.

164) Jaylin Simpson S: A bit of a tweener but has explosive football traits. a rich man's Will Harris (which would be a very nice player).

201) Myles Cole DE: A pure traits guy. Elite wingspan (7'3), He does need to get bigger and stronger. Fast too (4.67 40). Has very good first step and active hands. There are a lot of questions but this is also the 6th round if he didsn't have them he wouldn't be here.

206) Joshua Karty K: The best kicker in the draft.
                      Okay, I was going to give this an A, but then you chose Karty over Reichard, so I have to give you a D+

Seriously, though, my favorite of your mocks. Excellent trade-downs. I'm totally on the trade-down and draft an IOL train.

Comment

Here is the latest from the reddit guy who scouts in detail specifically for fits for the Lions and Holmes/Campbell philosophy and tendencies. He has links to all his posts in this post. I particularly like how he finds players for later rounds that are good fits

(note: if you type old. before the reddit.com, you get a text-oriented post, which makes it more like this forum. This works for all of reddit, btw)

Comment

Thanks for the link, some nice down time reading. Does this guy have any history of being accurate with prior picks or evals? I mean, his early round stuff is not really any different than what a lot of us around here have pointed out, though I agree seeing some of the 3rd day names gives you some guys to look into. I think it's interesting that he says DeJean is not a fit for the Lions, I'd like to see his rationale behind that.

He also points out one the things I was looking at the other day, the RAS score for Darius Robinson which is not good as DE, though it would be elite for a DT. Taking him as a DE would make him an outlier from most Holmes picks that early, though Branch was an example last year of a guy with a low score that they took early. (I'm not counting Martin, as NT tend to have shitty scores as they don't differentiate DT roles).

Comment

Thanks for the link, some nice down time reading. Does this guy have any history of being accurate with prior picks or evals? I mean, his early round stuff is not really any different than what a lot of us around here have pointed out, though I agree seeing some of the 3rd day names gives you some guys to look into. I think it's interesting that he says DeJean is not a fit for the Lions, I'd like to see his rationale behind that.

He also points out one the things I was looking at the other day, the RAS score for Darius Robinson which is not good as DE, though it would be elite for a DT. Taking him as a DE would make him an outlier from most Holmes picks that early, though Branch was an example last year of a guy with a low score that they took early. (I'm not counting Martin, as NT tend to have shitty scores as they don't differentiate DT roles).
                            Here is his final mock prior to last year's draft:

I think he did well, hitting on a lot of elements of what the Lions actually did.
                            - He traded back in the first to get more picks, as well as multiple other moving around the draft trades, like Holmes
                            - He wanted Witherspoon with his first pick
                            - Bresee was probably a poor, but not terrible pick -- but filled the DT spot later filled by Martin
                            - He drafted a highly considered LB early (like Campbell), Drew Sanders
                            - He picked up Avila, who turned out to be great value
                            - He picked up a fast small back (like Gibbs) Tyjae Spears
                            - He picked up a late small school developmental OT (like Sorsdal) Saldiveri (who was drafted by the Saints in the 4th)
                            - He picked up a developmental QB (like Hooker), Clayton Tune late. I don't think many had Hooker falling that far last year.
                            - He actually drafted Antoine Green about where the Lions got him

Overall, his draft mimicked Holmes' draft to an unusual degree
                            Last edited by El Axe; March 29, 2024, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post

Here is his final mock prior to last year's draft:

I think he did well, hitting on a lot of elements of what the Lions actually did.
                              - He traded back in the first to get more picks, as well as multiple other moving around the draft trades, like Holmes
                              - He wanted Witherspoon with his first pick
                              - Bresee was probably a poor, but not terrible pick -- but filled the DT spot later filled by Martin
                              - He drafted a highly considered LB early (like Campbell), Drew Sanders
                              - He picked up Avila, who turned out to be great value
                              - He picked up a fast small back (like Gibbs) Tyjae Spears
                              - He picked up a late small school developmental OT (like Sorsdal) Saldiveri (who was drafted by the Saints in the 4th)
                              - He picked up a developmental QB (like Hooker), Clayton Tune late. I don't think many had Hooker falling that far last year.
                              - He actually drafted Antoine Green about where the Lions got him

Overall, his draft mimicked Holmes' draft to an unusual degree
                              This guy might be asked by Brad Holmes to come work for him with the Detroit Lions.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

Originally posted by El Axe View Post

Okay, I was going to give this an A, but then you chose Karty over Reichard, so I have to give you a D+

Seriously, though, my favorite of your mocks. Excellent trade-downs. I'm totally on the trade-down and draft an IOL train.
                                Karty doesn't sound half bad.

Joshua Karty (43) Kicker - Career Honors Jim Reynolds Award (2023) Irving S. Zeimer Award (2022) Two-time Phil Moffatt Award (2021, 2022) Lou Groza
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X