No announcement yet.

Diary of a Madman---a collection of KANSAS' rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am talking 1999 when a very good GB team finished 8-8 and his holyness threw 23 INTs.......

had he rested his thumb a few weeks after it was injured in the preseason, the Pack may have gone to a 3rd SB

but, no, he was more than willing to tank a SB run to keep his streak alive......

Last edited by Newbomb Turk; October 2, 2009, 05:23 PM.
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost Kansas View Post
      Yep, One fella came close to perfecting the QB position. Went by the name of Brett. Eight feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel: cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red, like the fires of Hell.

Called himself a gunslinger. Could throw a football into a hurricane and out the other side without so much as a wobble. I hear tell that his passes could break the sound barrier. People nearby couldn't hear nothin' for three days afterwards. Had to wear earmuffs and wedges of cheese on their heads to lessen the blow of the sonic booms.

One crisp Fall afternoon, Brett threw a ball so hard that the fella who caught it flew in the air for near on 70 yards just from the force of it. Before he landed on the ground, Brett ran down the field into the endzone and caught the fella in his own arms for a touchdown.

Tough don't even begin to describe Brett. Needed a diamond-tipped saw blade just to shave his beard. When he walked thru fog, the static generated by his beard stubble would cause lightnin' storms for miles around. I hear tell the army collected the dead skin cells he sloughed off to use as tank armor.

Played a thousand football games in a row, Brett did, and nary even got a hangnail. One summer day he had shoulder surgery (with no anesthesia), but not because he got hurt. It was an attempt to make his arm less powerful to make it more fair for the other fellas he was playin' against. Didn't help though. That's like removin' a grain of gunpowder from a stick of dynamite. He only got better. Legend has it that he was so good with his accuracy and touch that he could throw a newborn baby right back into the womb without touchin' the sides.

Nope, we'll never see another one like him.
      This post gave me a boner.
      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
        he is the QB of record for 172 wins, would it be nice if the Lions had a QB who was the QB of record for 172 wins?

and the great RB was??? And it doesn't matter if you have a great WR if the QB does't get the ball there. Also you can't lead the NFL in INTs if you aren't winning games, if you aren't winning fames they will sit your ass and you'll never sniff that record. Oh btw another NFL record he owns, 4th quarter game winning drives.

well not exactly true, by sustaining drives he keeps the defense off the field and keeps them rested.

oh no, noy stats, oh my gawd you got me there, you pulled that stat card. Dude there is only one stat that matters, 172 WINS. You instead of trying to tear somebody down for receiving special handling because he's a winner why don't you aspire for the lions to have such a QB who receives special handling because he's a winner
        Things I liked about this post:

i love how in the same post you manage to cite stats to "prove" favre's greatness, then tell me that it's not about stats. that or your stats are better than my stats? I also love how you just made up a record in your post (see: 4th quarter game winning drives) you're certainly ESPN statistician material. I also enjoyed you comparing favre to past Lions quarterbacks, without even realizing that I compared him to all NFL quarterbacks...excellent deflection.

Things I would do differently:

I would try to remember the names Ahman Green, Edgar Bennett, and even Ryan Grant (once he started running well, the packers started winning and even went 13-3 that year...a major improvement over the previous 8-8 season and the 4-12 record the year before that when there wasn't a good running game!)

I would also try to add more stipulations to each statistic to make it sound way cooler...like "Most TDs in the red zone with under 1:47 left in the game with two timeouts in an outdoor stadium facing into the wind when the temperature is between 30-41 degrees Fahrenheit against a divisional opponent with a winning percentage over .630 with a minimum of 14 attempts." I'm sure favre has the record for that too, since he has the record for just about everything (including the record for most games played on the day of the death of a father, skipping out on being there for the rest of his family)

I would also recognize that peyton manning has 120 wins and is sure to break favre's record

finally, I'd get a fucking clue.
        "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost Kansas View Post
          Yep, One fella came close to perfecting the QB position. Went by the name of Brett. Eight feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel: cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red, like the fires of Hell.

Called himself a gunslinger. Could throw a football into a hurricane and out the other side without so much as a wobble. I hear tell that his passes could break the sound barrier. People nearby couldn't hear nothin' for three days afterwards. Had to wear earmuffs and wedges of cheese on their heads to lessen the blow of the sonic booms.

One crisp Fall afternoon, Brett threw a ball so hard that the fella who caught it flew in the air for near on 70 yards just from the force of it. Before he landed on the ground, Brett ran down the field into the endzone and caught the fella in his own arms for a touchdown.

Tough don't even begin to describe Brett. Needed a diamond-tipped saw blade just to shave his beard. When he walked thru fog, the static generated by his beard stubble would cause lightnin' storms for miles around. I hear tell the army collected the dead skin cells he sloughed off to use as tank armor.

Played a thousand football games in a row, Brett did, and nary even got a hangnail. One summer day he had shoulder surgery (with no anesthesia), but not because he got hurt. It was an attempt to make his arm less powerful to make it more fair for the other fellas he was playin' against. Didn't help though. That's like removin' a grain of gunpowder from a stick of dynamite. He only got better. Legend has it that he was so good with his accuracy and touch that he could throw a newborn baby right back into the womb without touchin' the sides.

Nope, we'll never see another one like him.
          Attached Files
          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
            I am talking 1999 when a very good GB team finished 8-8 and his holyness threw 23 INTs.......

had he rested his thumb a few weeks after it was injured in the preseason, the Pack may have gone to a 3rd SB

but, no, he was more than willing to tank a SB run to keep his streak alive......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...avre_thumb_ap/
            Maybe, but he has PROVEN he can play with a broken thumb, so maybe not. The 8-8 could have been more to do with Ray Rhodes and the reason he only lasted one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
              Things I liked about this post:

i love how in the same post you manage to cite stats to "prove" favre's greatness, then tell me that it's not about stats. that or your stats are better than my stats? I also love how you just made up a record in your post (see: 4th quarter game winning drives) you're certainly ESPN statistician material. I also enjoyed you comparing favre to past Lions quarterbacks, without even realizing that I compared him to all NFL quarterbacks...excellent deflection.

Things I would do differently:

I would try to remember the names Ahman Green, Edgar Bennett, and even Ryan Grant (once he started running well, the packers started winning and even went 13-3 that year...a major improvement over the previous 8-8 season and the 4-12 record the year before that when there wasn't a good running game!)

I would also try to add more stipulations to each statistic to make it sound way cooler...like "Most TDs in the red zone with under 1:47 left in the game with two timeouts in an outdoor stadium facing into the wind when the temperature is between 30-41 degrees Fahrenheit against a divisional opponent with a winning percentage over .630 with a minimum of 14 attempts." I'm sure favre has the record for that too, since he has the record for just about everything (including the record for most games played on the day of the death of a father, skipping out on being there for the rest of his family)

I would also recognize that peyton manning has 120 wins and is sure to break favre's record

finally, I'd get a fucking clue.
              dude you're a fucking moron. Yes I'm sure Peyton Manning will have more wins, that doesn't deminsh the great things Favre has done, but lets get back to the point of you being a moron. I could give a rats ass about Brett Favre, but to deminish the great things he's done just because he's gotten favorable treatment by the NFL for doing great things is moronic. Like I said, wouldn't you like to have a Lions QB recieving favorable treatment for doing great things? Oh, and BTW you're confusing stats with results, you'll notince I wasn't trying to compare his results to anybody
              Last edited by dwt1; October 3, 2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• I'm not taking away from what he's done...I'm taking away from the ridiculous man-love he gets from people. I don't get how someone can sit there and talk shit about guys like TO and OchoCinco for taking focus away from the team, and in the same breath talk brett favre up like he's the best thing since two chicks at the same time.

Comment

• been there done that...........oh hummmm
                  If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

I'm not taking away from what he's done...I'm taking away from the ridiculous man-love he gets from people. I don't get how someone can sit there and talk shit about guys like TO and OchoCinco for taking focus away from the team, and in the same breath talk brett favre up like he's the best thing since two chicks at the same time.
                    Dude, this is not a game, it's a multi billion dollar industry, the NFL IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PUT ASSES IN THE SEATS AND IN FRONT OF THE TV AND MAKES THEM MONEY. Brett Frave has made them lot and lots of money, and if you really noticed TO and OchoCinco do not get the same treatment as Farve, they have not achieved the same level of success.

Comment

• Millen put alot of asses in the seats, too.....

jackass.

Comment

• Contrary to popular belief, the Earth does not revolve around the sun. It revolves around Brett Favre.
                        Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                          Dude, this is not a game, it's a multi billion dollar industry, the NFL IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PUT ASSES IN THE SEATS AND IN FRONT OF THE TV AND MAKES THEM MONEY. Brett Frave has made them lot and lots of money, and if you really noticed TO and OchoCinco do not get the same treatment as Farve, they have not achieved the same level of success.

again, no one should ever be bigger than the team. i still don't get how favre should be an exception...like the title of that thread says, the guy is an attention whore

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                            Millen put alot of asses in the seats, too.....

jackass.
                            yeah Detroit fans. Which you as exibit A celebrate mediocracy and denegrate those who suceed in this league.

Which explains why he lasted so long.

You very much are getting the team you aspire to have. You want nobody who the NFL will kiss their ass, you want nobody who the national media will adore, guess what? You have it, you've reached nirvana, you must be one happy mother fucker dancing in the streets.
                            Last edited by dwt1; October 4, 2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• all because I think Brett Favre is an asshole who at many times puts himself before the team.............

nice leap of logic, there, Alfred Einstein..........

Comment

again, no one should ever be bigger than the team. i still don't get how favre should be an exception...like the title of that thread says, the guy is an attention whore
                                because again I'll repeat, I'll type it slowly so that you can understand. The NFL is not a game, it is a business, these guys are not playing games, they are earning a living. Guys like Brett Favre are the guys who generate the interest that brings fans to the stadiums and to the TV. the other players earn more because of the interest players like Favre generate, nobody id going to kill the geese who lay the golden eggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X