Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same as the NBA isn't it?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Glad your amused, but I don't make the rules as to how many teams get in.
      So... you're saying your interest in a sport really isn't determined by the value of its regular season?

Interesting...

Comment

• I like all 4 pro sports, Red Wings are by far my favorite team. I also don't like the rules in all the sports as to many teams make the playoffs. Even so, 3 out of the 4 sports play a lot of regular season games compared to football (pro or college) so the regulars season games are not so meaningful. Not that you already don't know this...chemiclord is just trying to suck me into the college football debate again.

Comment

• Nah, I'm more just picking on you at this point.

Probably should have made that clearer.

Comment

• An early exit really would suck, the NHL playoffs lasts about 2 months.

Comment

An early exit really would suck, the NHL playoffs lasts about 2 months.
              I don't think that will happen. But this season, it's pretty clear to me that the Wings' most valuable player is Pavel Datsyuk. When he's hurt, as he's been for a couple of long stretches this year, the offense sputters.
              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• I don't have a great feeling about this year's Wings team. I'm not sure the team defense is working well enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                  I don't think that will happen. But this season, it's pretty clear to me that the Wings' most valuable player is Pavel Datsyuk. When he's hurt, as he's been for a couple of long stretches this year, the offense sputters.
                  no doubt
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Its not going to happen, 20 years in a row of making the playoffs is a pro sports record (even if you don't have to be very good to get in). 9 out of the last 10 years now the Wings have won the Central Division, like the players who were interviewed, that's nice and all buts its not the Red Wings goal. The only banner raised ever at the Joe should be the Stanley Cup winner.

Comment

• Naw, I like the division titles and President's cups and all that. Those are accomplishments, too. As you point out, the Wings have set a high standard and it's not easy to maintain year in and year out; they deserve some recognition for being one of the best every year. And, as I pointed out earlier, a lot of times winning the Cup is a fluky deal; you made fewer mistakes than the other guy.

Comment

• I like the division titles
                        I guess it would be a nice banner for the Columbus's and Atlanta's in the NHL

Comment

• It's a little neat to see the Jacques years emerge and tie them in with who were on those teams. Fact is we don't have enough SC banners to dominate the rafters like the Habs do. I'm ok with the lesser ones but there should only be one from each year noting our final finish
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

I guess it would be a nice banner for the Columbus's and Atlanta's in the NHL
                            Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on. Nine out of ten is hardly Columbus and Atlanta territory.

Comment

• Maybe the most amazing thing about the 20 year streak is that they started the playoffs with home ice advantage in 18 straight seasons.

Comment

• Maybe the most amazing thing about the 20 year streak is that they started the playoffs with home ice advantage in 18 straight seasons.
                                That is impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X