No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's terrible. My thoughts and prayers to those who lost their lives and their families.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• McCrimmon has been confirmed killed in the crash. Salei still isn't sure; one report said he was already on the ground in Minsk, where he's from, awaiting his teammates.
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Salei is confirmed to have died.

Comment

• Wow.. I believe he just had a kid when he was still with us. I really feel for all their families.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I wonder if this will get US pro leagues talking again about what to do in the event of such a tragedy. I think they already have rules for restocking depleted franchises.

Comment

• Brings me back to my own fear of flying. Specially with family.

I prefer that my entire family not fly together so in case of such an event, some of the crew lives on.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• ya know.. I always used to love to fly til I got out to this neck of the woods. Now I couldnt hate it anymore. The planes in Africa look like jets that were flying in the 60's and 70's in the US. When they hit turbulance i try to act cool but my insides are goin.. "NOOOOOOO!!!"
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm pretty good in modern big planes such as a Boeing 757. When that thing takes off, it feels like it has about 3 times more power than it needs to fly proerperly. Not fond at all of smaller planes or the older jets.

Comment

• I understand that the airlines sell their airplanes to other countries once they have reached their serviceable limits here in the U.S. I know that wasn't the case with this Russian plane but you are wise to use caution when flying in some countries.

Comment

• Well, older russian aircraft are possibly worse than our old aircraft.

I saw there was one player that survived the crash but was burned over 80% of his body.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The player who had initially survived the crash passed away. RIP.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                          I'm pretty good in modern big planes such as a Boeing 757. When that thing takes off, it feels like it has about 3 times more power than it needs to fly proerperly. Not fond at all of smaller planes or the older jets.
                          RIP to all who lost their lives, players etc.

Can relate to Jamie H post. Got family in Oz......, going there, I feel safe for the 23 or so hrs of flight........, going to Dublin in those shitty flybe "get out and push" efforts for 48 minutes...... I'm shitting my Y's all the way there.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• We call those little buzzers, Buddy Holly Planes
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Mike Modano has announced his retirement.

Comment

• PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN YOU IDIOT BETTMAN

If the Detroit Red Wings aren't in the Eastern Conference next season, there is going to be one angry owner.

Ever since the Atlanta Thrashers became the Winnipeg Jets and moved to Manitoba, realignment became an inevitability. And since the beginning of time (OK, the creation of the conferences), Detroit has wanted to be in the East. The long plane rides and late-night games that go past midnight back home aren't necessarily ideal.

Mike Ilitch, the Red Wings owner, has been incredibly vocal about his team's desire to move. Now he says he downright expects it because Gary Bettman promised him as much. In a Q&A with Bob Wojnowski of the Detroit News, Ilitch explained the conversation.

Q. OK, once and for all, are you gonna get the Wings out of the Western Conference or not?
                                A. The commissioner (Gary Bettman) promised me I was next. We even had a meeting over lunch this past season, and he had all his people here, and he goes, 'Yeah, I promised Mike he'd be the next one to go in the Eastern Conference.' So I expect to be in next year. Jimmy D (Devellano) is on the phone every other week reminding them.
                                (By the way, Ilitch also said they are working on a new arena to replace the Joe, saying "we're going to have a new arena.")

My guess is that might have been a case of Ilitch hearing what he wanted to hear. It's certainly possible that Bettman made such a promise to him, but I'm not ready to go all-in on that being correct. What's more, no matter if Bettman promises it, it still has to be approved by a 2/3 majority of the board of governors. Now whatever Bettman and crew say usually goes, but it's still not a guarantee.

Remember, there will be a lot of opposition to the Red Wings from the teams in the West. No team in the conference draws as well as Detroit on the road. When you start talking money, people get a little more serious, and defensive.

The more I think about Detroit joining the East, the more I begin to believe they might just tear up the current format of six divisions. There's no real way Detroit slides seamlessly into the East. Do they just replace Atlanta in the Southeast? Doesn't seem right. Maybe you move Pittsburgh to the Southeast, Detroit to the Atlantic? I can't imagine Pittsburgh would like being broken up with the Flyers, Rangers, Devils and Islanders one bit.

Instead, if Ilitch is under the right belief and the Wings are flying East, I think you'd see a scenario where they bring a team, likely the Columbus Blue Jackets, with them. You then have the destruction of six division, instead having four. The only thing is that leaves you with two divisions of eight and two with seven, but with a return to the balanced schedule, it helps things.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X