No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when the Wings had the early losing streak of 6 or 7 games straight. There were those who were actually concerned. LOL.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yeah, THAT'S the time to go fishing. They're hungry and'll be bitin' hard.

Comment

• Go fish the pistons folks and get them to move the franchise away. :-)
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Need to get a non-Detroit based owner for that to happen.

That wasn't trolling. That's just fact. If, for example, someone from Las Vegas were to buy the Pistons, you'd be seeing the Las Vegas Pistons within five years. Hell, the only thing that kept the jackals away this time was the insistence that the Pistons and the Palace be a package deal... which by the time Gores finally bought in was already starting to crack.

I don't think most sports fans realize how close Detroit was to losing the Pistons franchise. Had Gores not stepped up, Mrs. Davidson was already starting to consider splitting the package deal (she had been talking to some entertainment company, I forget the name offhand, about the possibility of buying just the Palace if the sale continued to drag on). Had she done so, and sold the Palace and the Pistons separately, the Pistons would have been gone.
          Last edited by chemiclord; February 24, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Wings need Dats more than i thought
            AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• Originally posted by rufiux View Post
              Wings need Dats more than i thought
              He would have been useful in the shootout, sure.

But let's not forget that the Canucks are one of the best teams in the league, and Detroit held up just fine against them, Dats or not Dats. It's not like they got blown out by the Islanders or something.

Comment

• not an excuse for yesterday, but Red Wings were a turnover machine. maybe with Dats it wouln't have happened maybe yes. But i'm agree with you about the canucks, they scored in the last seconds big props.
                AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• The Wings are known for having great players. The great players play great because they have such a strong supporting cast (See: Federov, Sergi).

Dats is a great player but some of that comes from his teammates. He can not carry a Franchise by himself, let alone the Wings.

Yup, it would have been better to have him but, not having him is not why they lost.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Well.. Today is Christmas Day!! Come on Holland give us a new toy!!

Just not enough sellers but I hope we net someone gritty.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well Detroit was involved in a trade this afternoon.. We just sent Stevie Y Commodore for a conditional 7th round pick. Sounds like Brandon Smith will be coming up while Ericsson is hurt.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sharks get Winninck

Comment

• Sami Pahlsson to the Canucks, thats who I wanted the Wings to get

Comment

• D Johnny Oduya to the Hawks

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Sami Pahlsson to the Canucks, thats who I wanted the Wings to get
                              Froot is always looking for that big name!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He's hardly a big name.

Comment

Working...
                                X