No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's going to be a sad day when we lose Mr. I but you can indeed tell he's not well.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Gary Bettman wants deal done by Friday, reports players -- that coaches have begun calling players to let them know to get ready for the season.

Comment

• Of course there's going to be a season now. Good thing Filpulla is going to be out for the whole thing!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Of course there's going to be a season now. Good thing Filpulla is going to be out for the whole thing!
          Yeah that actually might be a good thing considering how much Brunner and Z have been tearing up the FEL playing on the same line so hopefully that chemistry carries over right away and we have another top 6 winger that can actually hit the net (i.e. not Samuelsson)
          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
            No way Nill will get sent after he got slammed with that fine for speaking out at the beginning of the lockout.

No way Illitch goes, so I say there is no way the wings get represented here.

It really doesn't matter anyways because of the 6 owners that are going to be there, the Bruins owner (Jacobs) is one of them, and he is one of the 8 hardline teams forcing the lockout to keep going (Bettman needs at least 8 teams on his side to do anything).
            Uhhhh, not sure where you are coming from here but, I was only talking about things I heard on the radio station that carries the Wings games.

They reported that the people that were going to meet were not any of the people that have already been negotiating. That would mean Jacobs is out.

Wings participation was only a wish from me because Illitch knows how to compromise and get the game going while still making money at it.

I would have no problem with Nill representing the Wings but, I have absoulty no clue about the remarks you are inferring to.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Whelp. So much for that.

Comment

• What a bunch of morons. They really want the NHL to slip into even deeper obscurity than it is now.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I really don't get the hard line the NHL is taking on contract length. I really don't. Anything more than 5 years is an immediate non-starter.

Ya wanna know who can stop giving out contracts over 5 years? THE OWNERS. Stop trying to make the players protect you from yourselves. If someone wants to give a player a ten-year deal... LET THEM BE STUPID.

Comment

• Letting the owners be stupid and sign dumb long contracts like they did is what got them in this trouble. They're too dumb for their own good
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Well, I don't see how that's the players' problem, honestly. If Mr. Ima Idiot Owner is going to throw $90 million for 9 years at me, then come back a month later saying that he wants it cut to 5 years after the ink is dry... yeah, I'd call bullshit too. You can't cry poverty one month after you were making it rain in front of any player you could find. Seriously, how does that make sense? If you're saying that contracts have to be capped at 5 years because it's simply too much of a financial burden to go over that... what the hell were owners making the deals they were just before the lockout?
                      Last edited by chemiclord; December 7, 2012, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• The way to stop long contracts are to guarantee them.

Anything over year 5 must be guaranteed.

That will stop them.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Uhhhh, not sure where you are coming from here but, I was only talking about things I heard on the radio station that carries the Wings games.

They reported that the people that were going to meet were not any of the people that have already been negotiating. That would mean Jacobs is out.

Wings participation was only a wish from me because Illitch knows how to compromise and get the game going while still making money at it.

I would have no problem with Nill representing the Wings but, I have absoulty no clue about the remarks you are inferring to.

Back in October Nill made a comment to the press about how the owners are like Ranch owners and players are like cattle. He made a few more comments as well but he/the red wings were slapped with like a 50k fine for him talking to the press which they are not supposed to do when given a muzzle order from the league.

And from what I read it wasn't everybody that has been negotiating is left out now, I read a list of the owners that were going to be there and Jacobs was on the list.

This really sucks....my favorite sport/team doesn't always get to play it's games.

Comment

• That wasn't Nill who said that Hoss...

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              I really don't get the hard line the NHL is taking on contract length. I really don't. Anything more than 5 years is an immediate non-starter.

Ya wanna know who can stop giving out contracts over 5 years? THE OWNERS. Stop trying to make the players protect you from yourselves. If someone wants to give a player a ten-year deal... LET THEM BE STUPID.
                              The fact that teams routinely give out these 10 year deals or whatever legth shows how stupid the last CBA was. The ceiling on player salaries was far too low so every team found that loophole around it.

These labor negotations are not unlike political campaigns. Both sides start to believe their own spin and it makes them unable to compromise. The owners flat out completely lie about how much money they make, but at some point I think they believe their own lies.

Two other things: The NHL's relationship with the players has been terrible ever since the NHLPA had real representation. For far too long they had crooked leaders like Eagleson. Really even the last lockout ended unethically, the players got the shaft with the crap that went down with the NHLPA leaders and the owners.

The other thing. The Wings have no influence over this, much in the ame way the Yankees have no influence. The worst thing to happen to all sports leagues is a 3/4 majority needed to pass a CBA. Round up the worst 8 owners and they can cancel a season. That's what happeneing right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                The fact that teams routinely give out these 10 year deals or whatever legth shows how stupid the last CBA was. The ceiling on player salaries was far too low so every team found that loophole around it.

These labor negotations are not unlike political campaigns. Both sides start to believe their own spin and it makes them unable to compromise. The owners flat out completely lie about how much money they make, but at some point I think they believe their own lies.

Two other things: The NHL's relationship with the players has been terrible ever since the NHLPA had real representation. For far too long they had crooked leaders like Eagleson. Really even the last lockout ended unethically, the players got the shaft with the crap that went down with the NHLPA leaders and the owners.

The other thing. The Wings have no influence over this, much in the ame way the Yankees have no influence. The worst thing to happen to all sports leagues is a 3/4 majority needed to pass a CBA. Round up the worst 8 owners and they can cancel a season. That's what happeneing right now.
                                Good call on that quote, Nill definitely didn't say that but it was another Jimmy in the Brain Trust so I mix them up from time to time.

The owners do not need a 3/4 majority to ratify a CBA. When Bettman took a backseat in the negotiations last week he brought the players proposal in front of the owners and did not give his opinion on it; so they only needed 1/2 of the owners to pass it...However, if Bettman were to say the proposal is bad and they should not take it, then they need like 2/3 majority or something like that.

The owners desperately want a >61 game season as that is the amount of games they need to play to not have to give back any sponsorship money. That is why there has been this huge push to try and get the season going. All in all, I'm done getting my hopes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X