No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid statement. If true, he just cost himself several million in negotiation power.

Comment

• I believe he's a RFA and Pitt will offer him close to the max anyhow.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Billy Ray Melrose is going to be coaching the Lightning, thereby improving ESPN's hockey coverage.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• he's got a decent team.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If by "decent team" you mean "two players surrounded by garbage that are going to send the team into cap hell for the next five years"... then sure, why not?

Comment

• My point is that, hockey unlike other sports, requires a huge investment to aquire and sharpen the skills. In all the other sports usually a one time fee to join the league is assessed (in some cases, you can even play for free) then the facilities are available for practices and games. In hockey the players have to pay for every moment they are involved in the game because the facilities cost so much to operate it is necessary to charge rental on the facilities.

In North America, kids want to be like the heros they see on TV. While hockey has never had the viewership that the other big three have had, recently it has become even more difficult to view the game. If the kids aren't watching the game with Dad or Uncle Harold, they are not going to have any interest in the game.

This is how it has always been, Hockey will always been #1 in Canada. Regional parts of the US will always have kids playing hockey too, but there will not be as many players in the NHL b/c of more and more great Europeans coming over. The game is set up for their style now (look at the Red Wings), there are only so many players in the world that can play in 'Gary Bettmans new NHL'.
              I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Chelios is reportedly signing a contract for another year. Good news as his work ethic could rub off on some of our youngsters. Depth is always nice. Also heard that Lilja was close to a deal, and as a 3rd line D player I'm starting to feel better about him. he picked up his game a little during this years finals and may well improve further (always hoping).

Comment

• I think Stuart might be taking his ring and leaving. I just have that feeling and it sucks. He and Kronwall were awesome together
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah, Stuart does not seem that interested in staying. When he was being interviewed after the Cup victory he seemed very subdued and not all that excited. Not sure if that's his personality or if he just missed his wife or not but it seemed weird.

Comment

• Ericcson may be able to step in for Stuart. He may struggle early, but we need to find out if he can play. But he is a restricted free agent.

Comment

• Ericcson isnt going anywhere.

I noticed that too Tom. I figured he was gone then
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stuart would have to take a paycut to stay and after that playoffs he's looking to get a good raise.

Comment

• "Yeah, Stuart does not seem that interested in staying. When he was being interviewed after the Cup victory he seemed very subdued and not all that excited. Not sure if that's his personality or if he just missed his wife or not but it seemed weird."
                            --------------------------------I don't see a plyer being subdued during a championship celebration because it was their choice not to return the next year and I don't see the Wings telling him they weren't going to resign him before the finals were over.

He's Canadian. Maybe he thought there was one more game left.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• He's Canadian. Maybe he thought there was one more game left.
                              LMAO! Or maybe he was expecting Bettman to declare the next day that two of the games did not count and must be played over.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Orpick turned down the Pens offer. We should go after him if Stuart doesn't sign first.

Comment

Working...
                                X