No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like stalberg is back in the hawks lineup tonight after whining about being a healthy scratch in games one and two...to make room, the Hawks are sitting Mikal handzus. It doesn't help Chi. that two players have complained publicly. To me this is the biggest game of the series......I like the fact the wings are faster, get the last line change, are better coached, and have a mule who looks like he has discovered his normal playoff game. And I must admit I was really wrong about Abdelkader. I just about flipped when he was inserted on the first line....but he has done a remarkable job.....Just shows what I know.

Comment

• The Joe will be rockin tonight!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Quenville doesn't know how to match lines up like Babcock, and now Babcock has last change...hopefully Chicago keeps getting more and more unraveled and undisciplined.

Take this game and the wings will be smelling blood in the water for game 4 at home where they could go up 3-1.
        2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Here's the thing. Detroit can't assume their best effort is always going to be a win, not with a team like Chicago. Being at their best for 4 games I don't think is going to be enough. They are GOING to have to put together great games consistently to beat the Blackhawks.
          Kind of agree. If both teams play at their very best Chicago wins. That's a simple conclusion. Chicago has the best players. Where you fail is in your assessment that there is no mental aspect to the game. Chicago is suppose to win. There is PRESSURE on them to do so. The Wings are suppose to lose............no pressure. That's kinda HUGE!. Not saying the Wings will win but................then again maybe they will.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            Kind of agree. If both teams play at their very best Chicago wins. That's a simple conclusion. Chicago has the best players. Where you fail is in your assessment that there is no mental aspect to the game. Chicago is suppose to win. There is PRESSURE on them to do so. The Wings are suppose to lose............no pressure. That's kinda HUGE!. Not saying the Wings will win but................then again maybe they will.
            Were talking about a Chicago team that in 2010 raised the Stanley Cup. This is a team that understands how to handle being the team that is "supposed to win." If you are counting on that pressure being a significant factor in who wins the series, you will be disappointed.

Game 3 will go a long way to showing how far the Wings have come. They have a chance if they continue to play like they did Saturday. They HAVE the raw talent to keep up with the Blackhawks. If they let their foot off the gas, however, Chicago will be heading back home for Game 5 with a 3-1 series lead. They simply cannot fall asleep like they have for stretches these last two seasons.
            Last edited by chemiclord; May 20, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Meh, of the 4 times Chicago played Detroit this year, 3 of those went to OT/SO - and there are no SO in the playoffs. This isn't Chicago's Cup to lose by any means.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Were talking about a Chicago team that in 2010 raised the Stanley Cup. This is a team that understands how to handle being the team that is "supposed to win." If you are counting on that pressure being a significant factor in who wins the series, you will be disappointed.

Game 3 will go a long way to showing how far the Wings have come. They have a chance if they continue to play like they did Saturday. They HAVE the raw talent to keep up with the Blackhawks. If they let their foot off the gas, however, Chicago will be heading back home for Game 5 with a 3-1 series lead. They simply cannot fall asleep like they have for stretches these last two seasons.
                Ahhhhh, Grasshopper.

You are assuming the Hawks are going to take two on our Home ice.

You keep making assumptions that do not prove to be real.

Have you ever been a part of a team or do you always think the only thing that makes any sense are the statics after the games are over?
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Howard starting off great... Chicago's had some real good chances so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    Ahhhhh, Grasshopper.

You are assuming the Hawks are going to take two on our Home ice.

You keep making assumptions that do not prove to be real.

Have you ever been a part of a team or do you always think the only thing that makes any sense are the statics after the games are over?
                    I assume the Hawks will take two if Detroit goes to sleep, like they've had a tendency to do the last couple of seasons. It's by no means a guarantee.

I make my opinions based on the trends teams have demonstrated in the past. There is always the possibility that the trends will not hold true.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; May 20, 2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• I love the aggressive penalty kill that both Detroit and Chicago use. Both teams make you earn your time in the offensive zone.

Comment

• OH Yeah! Nyquist what a beauty!

Comment

• SCORE! 2-0!!

Comment

• Awesome goal by Nyquist. Pretty.

Comment

• Chicago making some very bad mistakes and the Red Wings making them pay. Good rebound from the first period where Chicago really controlled the play.

Comment

• That goal by Nyquist was a beaut.
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X