• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it looks there will be another reason to hate the Av's

Report: Avalanche eye Patrick Roy

Updated: May 21, 2013, 2:21 AM ET
    Associated Press

DENVER -- The Denver Post is reporting the brother of Patrick Roy says the Hall of Fame goalie is close to returning to the Colorado Avalanche as the team's coach.
    Roy's brother, Stephane, told the paper late Monday night: "They're discussing the final details of an arrangement." Stephane Roy also reportedly announced the news on his Facebook page.
    A phone message was left with the Avalanche.
    Colorado fired coach Joe Sacco on April 28 after a season in which the team finished last in the Western Conference.
    Soon after, the organization shook up the front office, promoting Hall of Famer Joe Sakic to executive vice president of hockey operations. Sakic and Roy helped Colorado win two Stanley Cup titles as players.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That sucks that we're going to the East, we're losing the Avs as a rival. Beating Roy regularly as a coach would have been sweet.

I didn't get to see a replay of the disallowed goal until now. Paul Woods thought it should have been allowed. Looking at the replay, Sharp is clearly in the crease, he doesn't get pushed in there. By the rule it is goalie intereference. But the NHL has the consistency of oatmeal in how it enforces this rule. They awarded a Cup on a goal with clear goalie intereference. There will be years they won't enforce it at all. If you're Tomas Holmstrom they would call that every time, they would even call off goals for the same rule when he wasn't in the crease.

How nice of Gonz to chime in.

Comment

• After they didn't call a penalty or stop play on the Franzen hit, those refs would not of made it out alive if they hadn't waived off that goal.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• "Were talking about a Chicago team that in 2010 raised the Stanley Cup. This is a team that understands how to handle being the team that is "supposed to win." If you are counting on that pressure being a significant factor in who wins the series, you will be disappointed."
          -------------------------------------------How's that working out chemi????? It's been HUGE!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• "Game 3 will go a long way to showing how far the Wings have come."
            -----------------------------------What did it show?

"They have a chance if they continue to play like they did Saturday. They HAVE the raw talent to keep up with the Blackhawks. If they let their foot off the gas, however, Chicago will be heading back home for Game 5 with a 3-1 series lead. They simply cannot fall asleep like they have for stretches these last two seasons."
            ---------------------------------------------------REALLY. You mean if they play really good they have a chance??? You're a fucking genius.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• "Let's be fair... if the roles had been reversed, and prevented Detroit from trying the game, many of us here would be positively enraged."
              ------------------------------------------------Let's be fair. The Wings have been fucked in a similar fashion for several years. Seeing them being the recipient is poetic justice. That's fair, right there..................................
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Wings have been the better team in this series to this point. They just need to keep it up.

Datsyuk was friggen huge with all those PP faceoff wins last night. Was pretty hilarious:

"Datsyuk wins faceoff......again"
                "You think he's heading to the bench, Doc?"
                "Wadda you think....."
                "In comes Emmerton"

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  "Were talking about a Chicago team that in 2010 raised the Stanley Cup. This is a team that understands how to handle being the team that is "supposed to win." If you are counting on that pressure being a significant factor in who wins the series, you will be disappointed."
                  -------------------------------------------How's that working out chemi????? It's been HUGE!!!!
                  It's working out that Detroit is playing better. I'm not sure that Chicago is buckling under any pressure more than the Wings are getting more out of their roster right now.

Comment

• Is DanO always this angry after a big win?

Comment

• That pressure is just in the buildup stages right now, it hasn't reached critical mass - yet. Keep piling it on Wings, you are playing with house money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                        After they didn't call a penalty or stop play on the Franzen hit, those refs would not of made it out alive if they hadn't waived off that goal.
                        I didn't see that hit (was away from the TV at the time) but I find it kind of funny that the refs didn't stop play when he was laying on the ice, but in the beginning of the game, the refs sure did blow the whistle when one of the Blackhawks was down on the ice and the Wings had it in the Chicago zone.

Complete thuggery from Chicago at the end of the game and I loved it. Shows that the Wings are getting to them and taking them off their game. The Blackhawks are the ones under pressure here. Of course, the Wings haven't done anything yet besides be up 2 games to 1, but it just goes to show you winning the regular season doesn't mean shit.

Go Wings!!!! Win game 4 and put the pressure on their necks heading back to Chicago.

By the way.........I really want someone to knock the snot out of Toews that whiney little bitch.
                        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• The Wings look pretty good right now. It sucks that they lost DeKeyser but they gained Carlo Colaiacovo. His name is hard to pronounce and spell but he's been solid for the Wings. If they had him for the whole season they may not have been scrambling to get into the playoffs.

This is still anybody's series. I think one of the most disappointing things is how defeatist and alarmist the Wing fans were after game 1. Before the series they were making this Hawk team out to be the 87 Oilers or the 92 Penguins or a vintage Avs team. They are very good and had an excellent season, but if that was all it took to win a cup, we'd be talking about the 7 or 8 cups the Wings had over the last 22 years. Its like nobody learned anything over the last two decades.

Right now, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the best players on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            It's working out that Detroit is playing better. I'm not sure that Chicago is buckling under any pressure more than the Wings are getting more out of their roster right now.
                            I think the Hawks are feeling the pressure of the Wings hitting them.

Comment

• My it please the forum.....This series has gone exactly as I thought. Same with the Anaheim series. I will say it again. The wings are faster and far better coached. If someone is going by the old standards bringing up how teams used to perform, drop it. Something Coach Babcock is doing, is not letting the Hawks, play their best game. Even on the road he still winds up with the line matchups he wants and the wings are flooding the neutral zone, all by Babcock's design. The wings aren't allowing the Hawks the time to play their best game. I thought we would be going back to Chi tied at 2-2- then win the next two, but if we're ahead 3-1 I'll take it.... But the only thing bothering me is a game seven ......Detroit would lose....So let's stick with winning six.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                                Even on the road he still winds up with the line matchups he wants and the wings are flooding the neutral zone, all by Babcock's design.
                                This is VERY true. Quenville has approached this series as if the matchups really don't matter. I suppose there was some reason to think so; the Blackhawks have remarkable depth from lines 1-4, after all.

However, that said, even when the Wings had that Hall of Fame wing in 2002, Bowman was still playing matchup games, and it's something Babcock does very well too. Adjusting after Game 1 to get Zetterberg's line against Toews has crippled much of the Blackhawks firepower.

On top of that, the kids on the Wings roster has really surprised me. They've raised themselves to the challenge of playoff hockey rather than be overwhelmed by it. Brendan Smith, for example, after that disaster of a Game 1 could have lost it (like most young players do), yet he rebounded with a spectacular Game 2, even as the Blackhawks intentionally tried to work his side of the ice thinking he was a weak link.

Comment

Working...
                                X