No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sure Chicago was offsides? I know it was close but when I went back to look at it, I thought the Chicago player had tagged up in time.

Comment

• The team that deserved to win did.

Detroit had three chances to end it, and shit the bed all three times.

If they learn from this, work at learning what they did wrong, and actually apply the lessons learned, then they have a chance to win another Cup before ages catches up to their core players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
        Are you sure Chicago was offsides? I know it was close but when I went back to look at it, I thought the Chicago player had tagged up in time.
        I was screaming offside before the puck went into the net.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yeah, but I think the guy tagged up.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            The team that deserved to win did.

Detroit had three chances to end it, and shit the bed all three times.

If they learn from this, work at learning what they did wrong, and actually apply the lessons learned, then they have a chance to win another Cup before ages catches up to their core players.
            I am not sure that any team that participates in a playoff situation "deserves" a win.

The reason for playoffs is to prove you are the better team.

Chicago did that by staving off 3 elimination games.

They are happy today because not only are they advancing, but, they do not have to face the Wings on a regular basis any more, and, getting out of the shadow of the Wings might allow them to be more successful in the West.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
              There's nothing worse than losing to any Chicago team.

Yeah, that, annnd, watching the game at my local hole-in-the-wall, in Chicagoland, that pretty much sucked.

But hey, kudos to the Wings, awesome playoffs for sure! More than we all expected.

Comment

• Tom, I said offside to a group I was watching the game with even before the replay I do not have access to a dvr so I only had the original view plus to replays on CBC from a camera behind Howard. Those replays convinced me, the Chicago player was at least three feet inside the blue line and the pass followed him in. I would love to see another replay if anyone has it handy and canpost it.

Comment

• He had tagged up and was onside when the puck entered the zone:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXn5E53AaQ"]Blackhawks no goal in 3rd May 29 2013 Detroit Red Wings vs Chicago Blackhawks NHL Hockey - YouTube[/ame]
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                    There's nothing worse than losing to any Chicago team.
                    Losing to a Boston team??
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Losing to a DETROIT team.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Then you must really be bumming as a Ducks fan.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• And wanting to be a Lions fan.

Comment

• That was a tough loss.. Man I really wanted this series. I hate the Hawks.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              That was a tough loss.. Man I really wanted this series. I hate the Hawks.
                              exactly, losing to the Hawks makes this a bitter pill to swallow.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                exactly, losing to the Hawks makes this a bitter pill to swallow.
                                Making the Hawks sweat bullets over a team they thought they were going to walk all over helps me get over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X