Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    The team that deserved to win did.

Detroit had three chances to end it, and shit the bed all three times.

If they learn from this, work at learning what they did wrong, and actually apply the lessons learned, then they have a chance to win another Cup before ages catches up to their core players.
    If they played another 7 game series Im not sure the WIngs would win one game....This was just a magical chance and they lost to a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      Losing to a Boston team??
      Boston sucks too but nothing like the Chicago history.....Michael Jordan pretty much cemented my dislike for any Chicago team for the rest of my life.

Comment

• I'm sure losing to Laimbeer and Zeke were pretty high on the list of things to avoid in the rest of the league. I'd rather lose to Jordan than Lebron
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Great news for the Red Wings and their fans — Pavel Datsyuk [ame="https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/340536887443865601"]wants to sign a contract extension[/ame] with Detroit and stay in the NHL.

There had been talk that Datsyuk would play out his career in Russia after his contract with the Wings expired after the 2013-14 season.

Datsyuk, 34, had three goals and six assists in 14 playoff games, helping the Wings push the favored Blackhawks to overtime of Game 7 in the Western Conference semifinals.
          Now that Datsyuk has said he wants to remain in Detroit, the question becomes, what should his new contract look like? Currently, his cap hit is $6.7 million.

You can probably expect a higher number than that for his new deal.

A lot of it will depend on term. [ame="https://twitter.com/riger1984/status/340536417023315968"]Apparently,[/ame] Datsyuk still wants to finish his career in Russia; he’s just not ready to go there after next season.
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Hell that's the best news I've heard in a minute for the Wings
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• There were talking on the radio about whether the Wings were going to use the "Amnesty" clause on Franzens contract. In fact Jeff Reiger asked Kenny Holland directly about it.

The Amnesty clause allows a franchise to pay the player 2/3 of the contractual obligation and cut him. None of the monies paid would be used against any future caps.

In Franzens case, the Wings would have to shell out a bit over 14MM in cash then his 4.3MM would come off the cap for the remainder of his contract (which is about another 7-8 years).

Holland got caught a bit off guard with the question but the most telling statement in his response was that you don't find 25 goal scorers falling off trees.

Fillipula was also a target of the conversation and seemed that (and I agree with) if his Market value is north of 4MM you let him walk. Actually, many said let him walk period.

Bertusi and White were also mentioned as FA' that should be allowed to walk.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• True, 25 goal scorers don't drop out of the sky.

But what good is a 25 goal scorer that does jack shit in the playoffs? He's been pretty much invisible since 2009.

Should they "amnesty" him? At the beginning of the year, I would have said "Yep. Absolutely." Now? After this team showed that the supporting cast is good enough for another two or three runs? I'm leaning towards "No." But damn... he's REALLY gotta pick it up come playoff time to be worth it.
                Last edited by chemiclord; May 31, 2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Frank thanks for posting that replay....No doubt from that view he was onside...I wish you could see the shot i did on the cbc feed. Taken from Howards view, the hawk player had tagged up and was moving forward. The puck skipped over a player on the ice and bounced on to his stick. Oh well,,it matters not as there was no offside whistle...I am just wondering how wings fans would have felt seeing that cbc replay if their had been no penalty call and the goal counted. I would've loved one more series...Two weeks of good tv between now and the start of the nfl....

Comment

• In all honesty I'm going to miss having Flippula around. He's certainly gone in this years FA crop. The lack of depth in this years class means that some team will over pay to bring him around with his skill set.

If he ever develops into a player that can shoot the puck he'll be dangerous.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If he goes to a team that lets him concentrate on what he does well and not worry about defensive responsibilities he will do very well. If he is expected to have defensive play, he will be mediocre.

Personally, I will not miss him. He has been missing too long and too often.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I will miss what Flippula COULD be on occasion when he was on.

I won't miss that what he COULD be showed through very, very rarely.

Comment

• Amen Malto....Hey Jaadam!!!!!Not that I don't love your avatar, but if you took a vote on here, I am sure the overwhelming majority would much rather have you replace the current lovely lady with your girlfriend.

Comment

• BRUNER to ANA

(early wishful thinking by me and an expressed interest statement to ANA ownership through an email)
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I don't think Brunner is going anywhere. It sounds like Holland is hoping he'll fill Zetterberg's role (skill-wise, not necessarily team captain) in the near future.

Comment

• Exactly why he's going to be a hot commodity.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X