No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeKeyser decided to play for his hometown team and im happy about that. The future is a big question mark, even when I thought we had really good teams, we got knocked out in the first round. I don't think people realize how unbelievably great position the Wings were in. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, all failed miserably in leading to put away the Blackhawks. And Smith could write a book 'how not to play when leading in the 3rd'.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      DeKeyser decided to play for his hometown team and im happy about that. The future is a big question mark, even when I thought we had really good teams, we got knocked out in the first round. I don't think people realize how unbelievably great position the Wings were in. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, all failed miserably in leading to put away the Blackhawks. And Smith could write a book 'how not to play when leading in the 3rd'.
      The future is always a question mark. Losing in the first round even though you won the Presidents Trophy does not give one reason to have optimism for the next year. They come out as a favorite in pre-season then, all of a sudden the optimism is back.

I think Captain Z played his ass off and did a remarkable job. I think Dats did a very good job but, we have come to expect amazing from him and amazing he was not. I think Franzen was a big disappointment and could have made the difference in the series.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I just can't stomach it watching the Blackhawks lift the Cup. To me - It would be like a football team Michigan/Lions up 3tds in the 4th and then start fumbling 2 times and throw a INT - drop a pass in the end zone and have the other team run back a punt in OT to win the game.

Comment

• I would not count Boston out of it.

They are tough, and can score goals.

I will be rooting for Boston right along with you.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

DeKeyser decided to play for his hometown team and im happy about that. The future is a big question mark, even when I thought we had really good teams, we got knocked out in the first round. I don't think people realize how unbelievably great position the Wings were in. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, all failed miserably in leading to put away the Blackhawks. And Smith could write a book 'how not to play when leading in the 3rd'.
            Let's not forget his favorite coach was hired as the heir apparent to Babcock and is current leading the Griffins to their first calder appearance EVER...Dekeyser also joined the Griffins in time for the series beginning tomorrow night.

These guys have been a hell of a group to watch in the playoffs, they are playing together like a true team even though some guys (if they had lesser hearts) would be looking forward already, like Mursak who already has a big contract signed to go to the KHL but is playing his guts out for the guys around him. Francis Pare is another one, he would have a much better shot at getting a look at the NHL if he went to another team but after the thrilling game 7 win where he kissed Jurco for scoring the go-ahead goal (beauty of a goal by the way) he said he was going to go talk to the owner to see if he could sign a 5 yr extension with the team.

Here's the highlights from that game if you haven't seen them already:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eO-uX4Zt79g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eO-uX4Zt79g[/ame]
            2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Frank saw it......and then you replied explaining. Why the deletion? You realized you got it wrong but explained why you got it wrong.
              I deleted almost as soon as I posted it. Not soon enough.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Boston does its job, finishing off the Cindy and Pens 1-0 in a frantic finish!! Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin were scoreless for the series lol How bad is this for Maple leaf fan?

Boston.com – Anyone faulting, or even questioning, Jarome Iginla’s decision to drop himself into the Pittsburgh lineup instead of the Boston lineup just isn’t paying attention to what’s going on in the NHL. The Penguins are a powerhouse, all the more mighty now that Iginla, the aged star right winger, is joining the roster. About the only thing left for Trader Ray Shero to do now is coax Mario Lemieux out of his owner’s box in Pittsburgh, have him suit up, and maybe have Mario Magnifique ask Wayne Gretzky to come along for the ride. The Penguins have turned into the ice game’s Miami Heat. “Well, they’re a lock, right?’’ said a laconic Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli, sizing up Pittsburgh’s Stanley Cup chances only a day after being told, and then

“We had the player,’’ said Chiarelli. “We won the sweepstakes.’’Based on what Chiarelli said, and what Iginla stated at his news conference Thursday, the 35-year-old power forward held, and executed, the right to name his destination. Feaster had two deals in hand, opted to accept Boston’s deal, and confirmed it with Chiarelli, though Iginla was given sway to swat it out of Feaster’s hands for the right to play with the likes of Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and all the other prohibitive favorites.

Again, perfectly understandable on Iginla’s part. Bruins fans don’t want to hear it, but the Penguins are the better team this year, should win it all, and Iginla has been chasing a Cup since joining the Flames in October 1996.

Comment

• Comment

• Ian White is gone to nobody's surprise. What bothers me is its not his play, we all know hes better the Quincey, Smith, Kindle, but his vocal critics of commissioner Gary Bettman calling him an 'idiot' did not go over well with the Wings. That's to bad, I guess Wig didn't like him pouring gasoline on the feud and heading East.
                    Last edited by WingsFan; June 8, 2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• What Is the Hockey World Pretending to Be Outraged About Now?

Nothing makes hockey folks happier than being outraged about something relatively unimportant. Each week we’ll pick one topic fans are complaining about and try to figure out if it’s justified.
                      The Issue: An NHL team has changed its uniform and/or logo.
                      The Outrage: The new one sucks; the old version was way better!
                      Is it Justified? It’s June, which means we’ve reached that time of year when two-thirds of the league has to tweak, or update, or completely redesign their uniform or logo, because that’s what hyperactive marketing consultants tell them to do. It’s annoying, but fans are used to it.
                      This week, the Carolina Hurricanes unveiled an updated uniform, while the Dallas Stars changed pretty much everything. And the reaction from hockey fans was swift: We hate it! You’ve ruined everything! Immediately change it back to the old version (which, by the way, we also hate)!
                      That’s not to say the new looks are beyond reproach. (Let’s face it, the Stars uniforms are kind of … not good.) But at this point, I think we can skip the whole fan reaction phase. We get it. Hockey fans haven’t liked a new logo/uniform design since the Original Six era, and never will.
                      In a perfect world, NHL marketing departments would figure that out and stop screwing with everything all the time. In the meantime, the rest of us might as well stop pretending we’re fashion critics. Oh, and think twice before you shell out for a new jersey from your favorite team, because it’ll probably change it again in two years.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I didn't see this mentioned, and if I missed the discussion, sorry, but I thought Datsyuk looked like he was injured in the last game, starting in the second period. Anyone else notice or think that?
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• He certainly wasn't looking like himself, so yes I did as I post about Hank and the Mule also. Though no reports after the season.

Comment

Mule also.
                            The Mule hasn't looked like himself since he scored all those goals in the playoffs 3-4 years ago
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This is the reason I don't think the future is as bright as everyone else thinks - Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, all since 2008 seem to get banged up in the playoffs and it clearly shows in their play, the Penguins took advantage of that in games 6-7 in 2009

Comment

• What a game going on in Chicago! Just when it looked like L A was getting jobbed on a non tripping call that resulted in a Blackhawk goal L A scored shorthanded 9 seconds to go.

2 OT coming up!

Comment

Working...
                                X