Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    not to be disagreeable (who, me?) but I seriously doubt they were pissed at each other. This looks more like two enforcers that knew they were going to go just because they were there.
    Yep. They fought because that was what they were paid to do. It's entertaining to the fans, and the goons aim to please. The next shift went right out and did exactly what they had been doing the whole game. The cheap shot artist went right back to hacking at his opponent's knees, who went right back to trying to avoid it and score the points he was paid to score.
    Last edited by chemiclord; March 14, 2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• That was a tough win for the Wings. They have so many defensive lapses that I just can't see them making the playoffs. Howard played well but they really leave him hanging at times.

The future looks brighter than I thought it would but this season is going to finish ugly.

Comment

• and we lost Ericsson to injury.. What the f is going on with all the injuries this year? It's crazy when a defensemen has to play wing (Smith).

The GR Wings have stepped up and played very nice hockey and the future is bright.. but I don't think they make the playoffs. If Dats or Z were healthy possibly. But they're not.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think I heard that before yesterdays game they had to win 9 of the next 15 games to make the playoffs.

I wonder if Ericsson will miss much time. I heard it was a broken finger.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not looking likely

Comment

• Ya, we thought the same last year and they not only snuck in but, gave the Cup Champion a real scare.

We can only wait and see.

Comment

• Last year they had their two biggest stars.

Comment

• Ericsson is out a couple weeks.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It's been a bizarre season. Still on the bubble for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Last year they had their two biggest stars.
                      True and I would not at all say the Wings are the same without them but, Legwand is playing well and if Mule continues to show up, they should still have a chance.

Comment

• Goalie And Ref Try To Save Their Dad, Who Is Fighting In The Stands

The fight itself is pretty wild, what with the real-life application of MMA maneuvers, but the participants put this over the top. Apparently, one of the gentlemen getting worked over in the stands is the father of not only the goalie trying to climb over the boards but also the referee trying to climb out of the rink. This is basically Slap Shot with an extra generation.
                        Here's some more context from Eurohockey.com, translating IJSHockey.com:
                        The final round robin match in the Larry van Wieren Cup had to be abandoned at the 45 minute mark after a brawl in the stands had broken out. According to IJshockey the atmosphere inside the arena had been unpleasent for some time and a hit finally set things off. The father of ref Ramon Sterkens and Eindhoven back-up goalkeeper Michael Sterkens was hit that set both of them off, Ramon tried to get off the ice to help his father, while Michael climbed up onto the glass. The NIJB gave the victory to Eindhoven who was leading 5:1 at the time. Both Eindhoven and Geleen will see each other in the Finals next weekend.
                        A personal favorite moment is when the guy refuses to open the rink door for the referee.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Man, if only they allowed fighting in the stands, it would have TOTALLY deterred that thuggery. Ya gotta believe me.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Wings win a crazy one with a second left in OT against the Penguins.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Man, if only they allowed fighting in the stands, it would have TOTALLY deterred that thuggery. Ya gotta believe me.
                              that worked at the Silverdme........
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Wings are playing some good hockey.

Fingers crossed they beat the Wild again today.

Comment

Working...
                                X