No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously, you don't replace Lidstrom. That's not what is being said. They haven't done enough to "off-set" his loss.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• "It's hard to replace a guy like Lidstrom. Where do you get those guys?"
      ---------------------------Sweden.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It is similar to when Barry retired. A lot of people hated the timing because it didn't give them time to replace him. Nearly 20 years later the Lions still haven't adaquately replaced him.

When you get those once in a generation players you ride them as long as you can because you can't offset their losses. It really hurt in two ways, Lidstrom was still a top defenseman and they also lost Rafalski and Stuart within a 12 month period. It is hard to get highly skilled defenseman on the open market or via trade.

No matter what they do have to do something about the team defense as a whole in the off season.

Comment

• My gut tells me Babs will be coaching in Toronto next year with the GM hat in his back pocket.

Rumor has it his replacement is HC of Grand Rapids.

If they miss the playoffs this year, I see a total rebuild coming.

If they make the playoffs, Coaching staff will be new next year and I am not sure they will still worry about the blue line as they are concerned with losing the Magic Man.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Just get in the playoffs and we have as good a chance as anybody (if healthy) Keep Howard on the bench, I think he's had his chance and its over. I'm not really big who is in goal, its how the team is performing in front of them still, I like Family Guy better.

Unless we win the Stanley Cup this year (which I highly doubt) it's time for Jeff Blashill to be the next Red Wings coach.

Comment

• what the f is going on with this team? we flat out stink right now
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Stank and stunk.

Tartar hit the post and celebrated as it bounced out.

Mrzek let in two more easy ones.

Where is zetterburg?
                AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• The Wings have had pretty bad defensive breakdowns all season but the goalies were better at bailing them out earlier. Howard was playing well (shootouts not withstanding) until he got hurt. Since his injury, he hasn't been the same. I believe he's admitted that.

The team also seems to be lacking confidence. They seem tentative handling the puck. The passes are not as crisp as they were earlier in the season. This team is facing a first round exit if they can even make the playoffs.

Datsyuk has been hurt and Zetterberg seems "off". He has not been able to score or even control situations as before. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Z has been playing hurt as well.

I doubt the Wings "rebuild". They have a lot of young talent that just needs to play better. It may be time for Babcock to move on. He's been a great coach here but even the best coaches have a shelf life. Chuck Daly used to say something like "coaches only have so many big games and speeches in them. Eventually, the players will tune you out." Babcock may not be getting through to them anymore.

Comment

• I was having the same Chuck Daly thoughts as well.

Babcock has been a terrific coach for them. He is acknowledged as one of the best in the business, but I wonder how they are responding compared to years previous. Also, even when they were winning the Cup and getting to the Finals, they were subject to a lot of defensive breakdowns. They had great defenseman and good goalies as the magic erasers but it was a problem even back then. Then again maybe I was spoiled by Bowman, Barry Smith and the Left Wing Lock. You get up 2-0 in the 3rd period with those teams and the game was over.

Comment

• you hit the nail on the head with the defense corps IMO. When Kronwall is a 4-5th best dman on the team you're doing really well.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think the biggest problem defensively now is the forwards really hang the defenseman out to dry. You just see crap you used to never see.

They are in a huge slump now and it might not correct itself in time to avoid missing the playoffs or an early playoff exit. I don't think that will necessitate a rebuild or anything like that. The Wings generally are very steady, that is maybe their biggest strength, but maybe at times it is a weakness. They will change around some parts, they have a lot of young players in the system and they have money to spend on a small number of spots.

Comment

• Babcock has been giving the youngsters a lot of playing time to see how they perform under pressure. For the balance of the season expect him to roll back and primarily use three lines and those lines will look a lot different......the fourth line used sparingly perhaps every third rotation. If we can't take two from Carolina the Wings will be forced to pick up a win against the Habs. All in all I say we're in with the makeup of the lines looking a lot different from this point on.
                          Last edited by The Cat; April 7, 2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• That game was brutal. The breakdowns are horrendous. If they make it to the playoffs, they are going to be destroyed.

The only highlights were seeing Zetterberg break out of his slump and seeing Datsyuk make his usual amazing plays. Kronwall's giveaway in the 3rd was one of the worst I've ever seen.

And Pittsburgh losing in OT after getting out to a 3-0 lead did the Wings no favors. Damn Penguins...

Comment

• Peaks and valleys. We were the hottest team in the league until this last month. Hopefully they get healthy and find that spark again. This is a big year for the youth. If these young forwards start to step up like Dats and Zetterberg did years ago we'll keep that winners mentality alive and well

But someone needs to show up in the playoffs (if we make it). It can't be just the vets shouldering the load. I'm a little disappointed Frazen never made it back
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I'm disappointed they didn't get out of Franzens contract when they had the chance.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X