No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not trying to bash Holland by saying we got fleeced by Legwand. I think Holland is the best GM in the league. That being said.... to say the Red Wings made the playoffs because of Legwand is laughable. He helped, but he is not the reason they made it. The reason lies on the young kids and their Coach. If anything, Legwand was more of a liability then a help (on the ice).

I will say that I think he is a better player than he has played. I think perhaps sometime to adjust to the Red Wings system will help, and if he resigns here I wouldn't be upset..... depending on his contract numbers of course.
    Last edited by Habib21; April 24, 2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Or how about Dustin Byfuglien.....
      They were using him as a forward and may continue too.... even though he has stated he prefers to play defense.

We could probably trade for him this summer. He's pretty solid

Comment

• They made it by the skin of their teeth. You do realize they were the 8th seed? That means no margin of error.

Comment

• I'd like to see someone smash Marshand in his little prick face.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• prediction: wings lose in OT and then lose game 5 in Boston
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That sucked

Comment

• See ya next year, folks. This series ain't coming back to Detroit.

Comment

• I missed the game. Did something happen to Howard?

They had very little chance of beating Boston.

Comment

• flu
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• They did not deserve to advance.

Holland has some work to do and that includes dumping Bertuzzi, Cleary, Alfredson, and Franzen.

They need at least 2 defensemen and one of them has to have a shot from the blue line.

He also needs two big men for bangers (or to knock someone down coming over the
                      Blue line whether he has the puck or not because, they only call interference in the first half of the season).
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Which means he'll no doubt resign Cleary, Bertuzzi, and ask Claude Lemieux if he'd be willing to come out of retirement. Gotta send Nyquist back to GR after all. He's not ready.

Don't worry, he's got a plan on defense. Kyle Quincy. Resigning him would be just as good as a FA pickup!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Which means he'll no doubt resign Cleary, Bertuzzi, and ask Claude Lemieux if he'd be willing to come out of retirement. Gotta send Nyquist back to GR after all. He's not ready.
                          Uhhhh, it is the Coach who decides who makes the team out of training camp, not the GM.

If the Coach does not have said players to have to accommodate, it would not be a problem.

Comment

• Uhhhh, it is the Coach who decides who makes the team out of training camp, not the GM.

If the Coach does not have said players to have to accommodate, it would not be a problem.
                            That would be a fairly unique system if that were the case. The coach decides who dresses and who is a scratch but I'm fairly sure the GM determines the overall roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              prediction: wings lose in OT and then lose game 5 in Boston
                              Bingo.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                That would be a fairly unique system if that were the case. The coach decides who dresses and who is a scratch but I'm fairly sure the GM determines the overall roster.
                                Symantics.

As I said. If they were not on the list, the Coach would not have to decide. Coaches do have input on final rosters even though the GM has final say.

Comment

Working...
                                X