No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THIS SOME SORT OF F#*KING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

The team also has been in talks with forward Cleary; despite a subpar and injury-plagued season, the Wings will be good to the word they gave to Cleary last fall when he left behind money and terms with Philadelphia to sign for one year and $1.75 million with Detroit. At the time, there was a verbal agreement the Wings would take care of Cleary past 2013-14. The most likely scenario has Cleary agreeing to a two-way contract that would enable the Wings to put him in the minors if he does not succeed in challenging for a job at training camp.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      IS THIS SOME SORT OF F#*KING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

The team also has been in talks with forward Cleary; despite a subpar and injury-plagued season, the Wings will be good to the word they gave to Cleary last fall when he left behind money and terms with Philadelphia to sign for one year and $1.75 million with Detroit. At the time, there was a verbal agreement the Wings would take care of Cleary past 2013-14. The most likely scenario has Cleary agreeing to a two-way contract that would enable the Wings to put him in the minors if he does not succeed in challenging for a job at training camp.
      'tis true. They are also looking to resign Gustavsson.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Wings are most likely going to use their remaining amnesty clause on Tootoo. At least it's something, and I can't deny it'll trim some dead weight from the roster.

Comment

• They should be using it on Franzen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            They should be using it on Franzen.
            Yes, they should, but Holland doesn't want to betray Franzen like that and still thinks he can be a 30 goal scorer in 2020, I guess.

Using the exception on Tootoo at least isn't letting it go to waste. Tootoo WAS less than worthless after all.

Comment

• What you talking about?

He was the only guy in the room that knew what to do with whale blubber.

Comment

• When I heard that Cleary news it put a smile on my face because I knew Jad would hear it.

Comment

• Detroit — The Red Wings have placed Jordin Tootoo on waivers, with the intention of using their salary cap compliance buyout on the veteran forward.
                  General manager Ken Holland said after the regular season buying Tootoo out was a possible scenario, given Tootoo spent much of this season playing for the Red Wings' minor league affiliate in Grand Rapids.
                  This will give Tootoo, 31, an opportunity to find another job at the NHL level. He becomes an unrestricted free agent.
                  Tootoo has one more season left on his contract, worth $1.9 million.
                  The Red Wings will not suffer any salary cap penalties and Tootoo will receive two-thirds, or approximately $1.25 million, of the value of his contract.
                  Tootoo had 18 points (six goals, 12 assists) in 51 games in Grand Rapids last season. He played 11 games with the Red Wings, with one assist, a minus-3 rating and five penalty minutes.
                  The Red Wings used their other salary cap compliance buyout on defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo last summer.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• At first glance I was livid about the Cleary news. But then a calmer head prevailed. First off, it's not a sure thing. Secondly, it would be a two way deal so that it's essentially a good faith tryout. He wouldn't win a spot, and then he would be sent down to the AHL, but he would decide to retire instead. There would be no cap penalty at all.

Holland has been questionable lately, but he's not stupid.

Comment

• I get the reason for cutting bait with Tootoo and not Franzen. Franzen at least gives you SOMETHING, whereas Tootoo is entirely worthless.

But man... when you only have to suffer that worthlessness for one season, whereas Franzen is going to be an ever increasing weight on the team's neck for another 6 years... I don't know how Holland can be okay with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        I get the reason for cutting bait with Tootoo and not Franzen. Franzen at least gives you SOMETHING, whereas Tootoo is entirely worthless.

But man... when you only have to suffer that worthlessness for one season, whereas Franzen is going to be an ever increasing weight on the team's neck for another 6 years... I don't know how Holland can be okay with that.
                        You sit in an office too much and do not understand the meaning of processing whale blubber.

Tootoo was a great corner player as well as sandpaper the opposition did not like to have to deal with.

He may have lost his magic (or not a two way player the Wings covet) but, Franzen gets paid much more for his presence that is more invisible than Tootoo on the ice.

Comment

• I'm sure the opposition didn't like Tootoo's presence in Grand Rapids all year. Sandpaper is overrated and it's been proven time and time again does jack shit about the grout in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post

Holland has been questionable lately, but he's not stupid.
                            Signing Tootoo for 3 years? Signing Weiss to a ridiculous multiyear deal? A multiyear deal for Sammy? Holland has been stupid for the last 3 years.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              When I heard that Cleary news it put a smile on my face because I knew Jad would hear it.
                              I'd rather us sign Gerard Gallant to a 2way contract. I started dry heaving when I realized it wasn't The Onion releasing this news.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• F That.. I'd rather sign Gerard Depardieu to a long term contract than Cleary.

HE SUCKS!!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X