No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Weiss isn't a name. If he's healthy, he'll be good this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I know Weiss isn't a name. If he's healthy, he'll be good this year.
      lol.. Weiss can score 15-20 goals but he is not deserving of the contract he got. That contract makes him a name. One that I sure don't want.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Scott the Gator Anderson was saying this morning the Wings have contacted San Jose with interest about Joe Thorton.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Franzen for Thornton do it!

Comment

• SJ has some excellent talent to build around but they're not giving him away. There's no way they're interested in Franzen with how many years he has on his deal. They'll want some of the young guys and I'd pass. He's 35 years old.

He'd be an amazing 2nd line C but no way would I mortgage our future. We're not one piece away from a contender. Build through youth, sign a motivated vet that wants a Cup (Iginla) and a stop gap at D until some of the young dmen are ready.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• per espn

One club we’re told that is intrigued is the Detroit Red Wings, although at this point it's just that, pure intrigue and other than a very preliminary discussion, there hasn't been much work done on that front.

For starters, I don’t think Detroit can do something of that magnitude as long as Stephen Weiss and his $4.9 million cap hit remains on the books for the next four years. Good luck moving that contract.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Biggest choke artist who ever played the game, he wants to stay with the Sharks anyway.

Comment

• Look at it this way....
                  Franzen generally disappears during the regular season, and outside of this year, he usually plays big in the playoffs.

Thornton plays big all year in the regular season and then completely disappears during the playoffs.

Between the two we have one badass player all year long! lmao

No thanks to trading for him unless they just want our first round draft pick and maybe take some of our dead weight in Kindl. But that'll never happen.
                  I've always hated him after he came up from behind Lidstrom during a playoff game and horse collard him to the ice while he was just minding his own business after a whistle. What a douche bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                    Look at it this way....
                    Franzen generally disappears during the regular season, and outside of this year, he usually plays big in the playoffs.

Thornton plays big all year in the regular season and then completely disappears during the playoffs.

Between the two we have one badass player all year long! lmao

No thanks to trading for him unless they just want our first round draft pick and maybe take some of our dead weight in Kindl. But that'll never happen.
                    You taking about Thorton or Hossa?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I was talking about Joe Thornton

Comment

• What I'd like to see and it doesn't involve Joe Thornton

Go after RJ Umberger to add some grit and size to this team. We have tons of skill on the team, but need to add some more grit. We were just abused by Boston, and would have been abused by Montreal too if it came to that.

Umberger asked for a trade and if Columbus can't trade him, the rumor is he'll be bought out. So it shouldn't cost much to get him. He's got a 4.6mil cap hit for 3 more years which isn't great.... but he plays hard and with great amounts of energy and doesn't shy from the contact or the hard areas of the ice. I would offer next years 3rd round pick for him, or offer next years 2nd and Kindl. They'd have to take Kindl for the second though.
                        I bet that would get it done..... maybe have to throw in an extra late round pick.

I would also be curious to see what it would take to get Kesler. I would much rather him than Umberger, but I think he'd cost way to much. I wouldn't want to give up 1st round picks or a bunch of our young kids when Umberger probably wouldn't cost any players.

Trade for Dustin Byfuglien.
                        I'd give Tatar and Andersson for him. We still have Pulkkinen/Mantha/Athanasiou and the Czech we just signed in the wait..... so even though Tatar looks to be a great player, he is expendable.

Possible lines for next year:

Zetterberg, Dats, Umberger
                        Franzen, Weiss, Nyquist
                        Sheahan, Helm, Jurco
                        Miller, Glendening, Abdelkader

Injury Callups: Pulkkinen, Mantha,

Kronwall, Ericcsson
                        Byfuglien, Dekeyser
                        Smith, Oullet

Injury callups: Lashoff, Sproul, Marchenko

No need to sign any Free agents other than our own. Niskanen will cost way more than he's worth in this weak free agency. I would still be fine with them resigning Allfie though. We'd just have to shuffle lines and Miller would be bumped out.
                        Last edited by Habib21; June 21, 2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Well there goes that idea.

The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired R.J. Umberger and a 2015 fourth-round pick from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Scott Hartnell.

Comment

• Seems like a pretty fair trade for both..
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• ANA acquires KESLER
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Welcome to Detroit, Dylan Larkin.

I could tell the forum all about this kid, using my big hockey brain and years of research...I just don't feel like it.
                                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X