No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wings drafted a good sized Russian forward in the first round yesterday. They're saying this is a fairly deep draft class. I'm sure they went BPA although I'd have liked a defensemen of the future.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He may be ready to play in the NHL sometime next year. Hard to pass on him.

Comment

• Big picture, give up playoff streak if necessary. Keep prospects. There's a bunch of young talent that knows Jeff Blashill very well. And vice versa. Keep as much of that together as possible.
        ------------
        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• The draft pick sounds promising. Now go get Nash and a defenseman.

Comment

• Id say 2 defensemen but we don't have the money for it
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I've been a Mike Green backer for several years but the more I look at Cody Franson the more I think he should be the one the Wings try to steal in FA. He's got a huge frame 6'5 and can use it at times and he has a great shot. He's still young @ 27 and would come in a little cheaper than Green.

The market is thin but he'd help us take a step in the right direction
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I would favor taking on a Franson contract and eliminating a Franzen contract.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Wow..... Just wow, can you imagine!!!

Great article on mlive about the Wings 89 draft of the century. We landed Lids, Federov and Vlady but it could have been even more legendary.

Detroit's 1989 draft would have been even more legendary if not for some inaccurate information supplied by Gil Stein, the NHL's vice president and general counsel at the time. He told the Red Wings Bure wasn't eligible to be drafted when they were poised to select him with the 95th pick, so they took Shawn McCosh instead.

The Red Wings decided to select Bure in the sixth round and worry about the legal ramifications later, but the Vancouver Canucks grabbed him with the 113th pick, three spots ahead of Detroit, which settled for Dallas Drake.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    I've been a Mike Green backer for several years but the more I look at Cody Franson the more I think he should be the one the Wings try to steal in FA. He's got a huge frame 6'5 and can use it at times and he has a great shot. He's still young @ 27 and would come in a little cheaper than Green.

The market is thin but he'd help us take a step in the right direction
                    Holland has already started his "Let the kids play, let's see what the kids can do" speeches. Which means we won't be signing anyone in free agency other than Cleary.

I like the idea of letting the "Kids" play...... but we can ALSO sign someone and trade a few of the "Kids" for established needs too. We have lots of kids an very little space for them.

Not to mention one player that I didn't want them to resign in Andersson, is the first damn player they resigned. He is absolutely unnecessary and we have far more talented players on the team than him..... yet here he is taking up a roster spot.
                    Last edited by Habib21; June 28, 2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Agreed on Andersson, he's been pretty awful. I have high hopes that Jurco can rebound this year. He's got a lot of talent but it didn't translate last season.

I'm ok with letting the kids play but especially on defense but thar would mean getting rid of at least Ericsson. He's f'ing horrible!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Agreed on Andersson, he's been pretty awful. I have high hopes that Jurco can rebound this year. He's got a lot of talent but it didn't translate last season.

I'm ok with letting the kids play but especially on defense but thar would mean getting rid of at least Ericsson. He's f'ing horrible!

There was a previous discussion about Ericsson.... I think he's a very good third line defenseman. But they have him playing top line defense. Just move him down in the lines and he'll be alright. With a new coach, there are no more favorites here..... so I imagine we'll see some line juggling and different players playing different roles than under Babs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ericsson moved down to a bottom defensive pairing.

Comment

• He can sit in the press box with Cleary and we'd be a better team for it.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It's just amazing that Weiss, Ericsson and Howard take up almost a 1/4 of our cap space and they're all pretty unmoveable.

Weiss makes almost 5 mil until 2018
                            Ericsson 4.2 until 2020 (Kronwall 4.7)
                            Howard 5.2 until 2019
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Congrats to Sergei and Lids on their election to the hockey hall of fame!

Comment

• Well deserved for both, now raise #91.

Comment

Working...
                                X