No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Wings / TB game is going to be a nice early test to see where our guys stack up.

Meanwhile Helm is getting close to being ready. I have no idea who they'll be sending down. Anderson will have to clear waivers but even still he hasn't been playing nor has Jurco. Larkin would be the easiest to send down since he wouldn't have to clear waivers but the kid is playing well.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah Larkin is the easy send down. But I would hate to see it. But when they kept Larkin and put him on the top line I think it was always the plan. Larkin anywhere else and getting sent back down would have hurt line chemistry, but Dats is obviously comfortable with Z and Abby.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Holland needs to make a trade or send him down. It really sucks but they just have too many mouths to feed. Even with Dats, Franzen and Z getting longer in the tooth we still have Larkin, Jurco, Mantha, Bert jr, Ferraro and AA to find minutes for in the upcoming years.

Trade for draft picks or D to keep on restocking later before we lose more for waivers
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Holland needs to make a trade or send him down. It really sucks but they just have too many mouths to feed. Even with Dats, Franzen and Z getting longer in the tooth we still have Larkin, Jurco, Mantha, Bert jr, Ferraro and AA to find minutes for in the upcoming years.

Trade for draft picks or D to keep on restocking later before we lose more for waivers
          These are not bad problems to have, especially since there were rumblings last year about who is there to replace the aging vets.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I think we'd be ok in the regular season with but come playoff time is when I'd be a little nervous if the vets all packed up and went home. I'm glad we added Green this year but we're still in need of another D. Kronwall IMO is looking like he's losing another step and again we have Ericsson just hogging up a spot a peewee player could fill better than he.

Its going to be fun this year watching the guys grow.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I know that the Red Wings organization is pretty loyal to its core players, but with Dats, Franzen and to an extent Z's injury issues over the last several years, maybe it is time to let them go and give the reins over to the younger players.
              All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Franzen is definitely the one to trade, I just dont know if he has any value anymore.

Comment

• He has a really cap friendly contract if he can net 15-20 goals but he's always one hit away. I hope he works out but I'm not overly optimistic. I do love that line of Sheahan, Franzen and Pulkinen. They can be downright dangerous as a 4th line.

Matter of fact I'm not sure how many clubs in the NHL can roll out a better 4th line
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Nice win against the Lightening but TB did just play a game the day before and it was at the Joe. Zetterberg with a goal and an assist, Nyquist a goal and Howard looking really good in net.

Larkin kept up his point streak with a nice assist. Its going to be tough sending him down. I keep saying it Holland is either going to have to make a trade or send the young man down. Its not going to be an easy move to swallow with him playing this well.

Howard playing well is really putting us in a nice spot with goalies although I still feel uneasy about him in the playoffs. He has never shown anything to carry the team when it matters and has played in 6 seasons of playoffs.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Holland is not going to send him down. Mantha and Bertuzzi are more likely to be sent down if needed.

You can bet that Larkin will remain a Wing for a long time to come.

I could even see placing some active players (read Franzen) on the temporary disabled list if necessary to buy some time. While Franzen is supposedly healthy, he is one hit away from ending his career and has more value as a playoff contributor than a regular season grunt.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Larkin is playing on the 1st line, you don't send those guys down. There is a new Sheriff in town.

Comment

• Ya, there's no way you send him down. Man, it sure is fun to have a dynamic 19 year old talent. He's so fast and just seems to always be around the puck. Gets his shot off quick. Should be a star.

Comment

• Yes it is nice to have a young draft pick that is exciting again

Comment

• Mantha and Bert are already in GR. There isn't anyone else on the Wings roster besides the young Russian dman that can be sent down that doesn't have to go through waivers besides Larkin. Helm and Dats are both coming back, unless Holland makes a trade we have to send someone down. Jurco WILL NOT make it through waivers and Anderson prob won't either. Unless we make a trade we have no choice.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• R-E-L-A-X, there are plenty of options. Marchenko will be sent down. Larkin is on the first line, he's going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X